How can you possibly have a SECOND team that you root for?

Bakin

Pardon the bad grammar....and I know I probably asked this question before...

but how in the holy hell can a person root for the Bills (bleeding red white and blue, as one poster suggested) and still have a ‘backup’ or secondary team??

i really don’t get it. 

Can someone explain?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Bakin said:

but how in the holy hell can a person root for the Bills (bleeding red white and blue, as one poster suggested) and still have a ‘backup’ or secondary team??

i really don’t get it. 

Can someone explain?

Sure.  My favorite team is the Bills, and my second favorite team is whoever is playing the Patriots*.  Easy enough.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

There’s probably some grey area here.  If anyone like watches and outwardly roots/high fives for other teams, that’s weak.  But if the Bills are out of it or whatever and you’re like, eh I’m kinda cool with the Browns or the Saints or the Chiefs and you are quietly/internally pulling for them to win a game (again, without standing up and cheering), then that’s not a foul.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

Because I'm tired of my football season being over in December.

I root for Green Bay when they're not playing the Bills. Does that mean I like them as much? Not even close. Do I get a semi when they beat a team like the Dolphins? You bet. If that makes me a traitor, so be it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bakin - I’m not going to turn this into an argument going back and forth, but I have lived more than half my life in Tampa.  Longer than growing up in Buffalo and people on this s board know how passionate I am about the Bills, but my children grew up here, and we go to a Bucs game each year as they love it.  I also spend a ton of money to fly all three of my children to see the Bills every year.  Tha.t’s four airfares, what we spend while we’re there, organize this game have now upwards of 21 family members some from out of ttown as well, so please stop with the personal attack tha you can only like one team.

I will never root for the Bucs over the Bills, but they play in different conferences and as I said in another thread that you just cannot drop, I always root for the Bills on their match ups and by some miracle if they both went to the SB, which will never happen, I would still passionately root for my Bills.  Everyone who knows me down here knows I am a fanatic Bills fan, go to a Bills restaurant in my neighborhood even though I have the ticket so I can be around other transplants who also love the Bills, and have a Beef on Weck.

I will not open this thread again as a personal attack is exactly what I can’t stand on this board.  I can love my team of my home of origin and I can also like my current home team of 27 years.  So that’s it.

Have a good night and if you want to be more attacking send me a PM, and I’m happy to give you my Cel and name and we can discuss it.  I dhave my best to never get personal to other posters, just agree to disagree, but you can’t seem to let this go.

Good night, and mods I apologize to you as I think I’ve gained you’re respect for being respectful to others even when I disagree.  Do not worry mods as I again will not open up this thread again to make a silly argument.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I love football, its that simple.  Bills weren't my first team, never been to Buffalo.  Always had love for some local teams too even though I am a die hard Bills fan now and have been since the late 80's.  So still like the Rams as my second team and liked them since the Jim Everett, Flipper Anders, Henry Ellard days.  But my fan hood for them is minuscule to the Bills.  

Just like I love the Lakers, I mean my dogs name is Kobe.  But still grew up a fan of the Golden State Warriors too as they were more regional to me.  Was a big fan of the Run TMC days of Chris Mullin, Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway...but still always a Laker fan first.  

• Like (+1) 3

My answer is simple. I am not an American thus have no geographical affiliation. I AM however a sports fan. So what I like is watching the game and talking about it with anyone who will engage. My team has been the Panthers because my wife is from Carolina. When I was a kid and started watching in the mid 80s I followed the Seahawks and Vikings mostly because I loved their logos. One thing I tend not to do is follow teams that often win. I don’t feel that to be a particularly compelling narrative. I started following the Bills last year when MCD then Beane came across. That season when the Bills broke the drought I can’t tell you how much pleasure I took watching and rewatching the clips of fans celebrating. It was awesome. Nowadays I probably feel more excited about the Bills  than the Panthers-frankly there are more reasons for optimism for the Bills. If that makes you uncomfortable sobeit but my bottom line is that following multiple teams is a source of pleasure for me.

Edited by Seoul_panther
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, i don't have a second team. My hopes and dreams are on the bills all the way.

However, I play DFS for all other games that I plan to watch. This allows me to have nonemotional $kin in the game and in this situation I root for very specific outcomes that could win me hundreds of thousands of dollars. odds are long but the games can give you birdies when they start going right for you

Example for a NE vs KC game: I say the chiefs are gonna have a great game. I decide to stack Mahomes, Hunt and tyreek.

Now if the chiefs are running up the scoreboard how are the patriots going to approach that?

They are going to dink and dunk James white and Julian Edelman all night, so you run it back with them.

If you nail it, it would literally change your life

25 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bakin - I’m not going to turn this into an argument going back and forth, but I have lived more than half my life in Tampa.  Longer than growing up in Buffalo and people on this s board know how passionate I am about the Bills, but my children grew up here, and we go to a Bucs game each year as they love it.  I also spend a ton of money to fly all three of my children to see the Bills every year.  Tha.t’s four airfares, what we spend while we’re there, organize this game have now upwards of 21 family members some from out of ttown as well, so please stop with the personal attack tha you can only like one team.

I will never root for the Bucs over the Bills, but they play in different conferences and as I said in another thread that you just cannot drop, I always root for the Bills on their match ups and by some miracle if they both went to the SB, which will never happen, I would still passionately root for my Bills.  Everyone who knows me down here knows I am a fanatic Bills fan, go to a Bills restaurant in my neighborhood even though I have the ticket so I can be around other transplants who also love the Bills, and have a Beef on Weck.

I will not open this thread again as a personal attack is exactly what I can’t stand on this board.  I can love my team of my home of origin and I can also like my current home team of 27 years.  So that’s it.

Have a good night and if you want to be more attacking send me a PM, and I’m happy to give you my Cel and name and we can discuss it.  I dhave my best to never get personal to other posters, just agree to disagree, but you can’t seem to let this go.

Good night, and mods I apologize to you as I think I’ve gained you’re respect for being respectful to others even when I disagree.  Do not worry mods as I again will not open up this thread again to make a silly argument.

I lived close to Seattle for 24 years. Never even thought of becoming a Seahawks fan.

That would be gross.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bakin said:

i really don’t get it. 

Can someone explain?

Yes we are open minded individuals that dont have to hate things that are non Bills.  My favorite color if dark purple, but I do have clothing of different colors.  I like Venison but I also eat other things.

The Bills are my team.  I wont root for any team against them.  But there are other teams I also root for.  Most of the time because of a perticular player.

I really cant get why this would be hard for someone to figure out.  I suggest rather than making a thread and talking with us that you seek professional help.  That sounds more like something that may be useful to you.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Love the Bills and they always come 1st of course, I wouldn't say I have a second favorite team but I do find myself hoping to see the Browns pull out a winning season. I'm sure their fans finally have a lot to be excited about for a change.