How can you possibly have a SECOND team that you root for?

Bakin

Because you appreciate the game. While growing up in Buffalo I still liked Seattle when they played ij the AFC West. Who didn't like Joe Montana after the catch? I'm sure there are many on this board that like the Raiders.  

It helps to drive beyond Rochester or Fredonia as well.

I have a bit of a contrarian nature to me as well.

I don't understand the fan base's love for Marv Levy. I don't think he was deserving of the HOF and I lay much of the blame with regard to SuperBowl XXV on him. Same for Bill Cowher and Andy Reid.  How many home playoff losses can you have in a career???? 

18 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Love the Bills and they always come 1st of course, I wouldn't say I have a second favorite team but I do find myself hoping to see the Browns pull out a winning season. I'm sure their fans finally have a lot to be excited about for a change.

That's how I felt until the Cavs got a ring.

Screw that city. It's OUR turn!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently, I like teams that struggle. :wallbash: 

Makes it more interesting though and you could appreciate It more if your teams win.

Seems so generic and cliqued to me when someone says they like the Patriots, Warriors, or Yankees.  I’m sure there’s legit fans of these teams but the majority of them are spoiled 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bakin said:

Pardon the bad grammar....and I know I probably asked this question before...

but how in the holy hell can a person root for the Bills (bleeding red white and blue, as one poster suggested) and still have a ‘backup’ or secondary team??

i really don’t get it. 

Can someone explain?

I'm just as big of a Steeler fan as I am a Bills fan, the only time it matters is when they play each other and may the best team win. I love the Bills do to me living in Buffalo and my family embracing the Bills but growing up watching the Steelers on TV, the Steel Curtain defense etc. it felt like another team with a storied history much like the Bills and I started following both, I'm not sure why it would bother anyone.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm just as big of a Steeler fan as I am a Bills fan, the only time it matters is when they play each other and may the best team win. I love the Bills do to me living in Buffalo and my family embracing the Bills but growing up watching the Steelers on TV, the Steel Curtain defense etc. it felt like another team with a storied history much like the Bills and I started following both, I'm not sure why it would bother anyone.

Because that’s gross. That’s why.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You're gross but we still accept you. 

Ya, but I’m gross in way that I’m not pretending to be a Bills fan.

Like you are.

Which is gross. Like beyond gross.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Sure.  My favorite team is the Bills, and my second favorite team is whoever is playing the Patriots*.  Easy enough.

This, exactly!

Since the Bills usually suck, it's nice to follow another team that's interesting to watch for many reasons. I pull for the Colts now because I'm a big fan of Andrew Luck and Frank Reich.  I like the Saints because they are a lot of fun to watch.  It's not a big deal.  Often the Bills are unwatchable.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

My interest in other teams run from apathy to dislike. 

This does not stop me from enjoying a good, non-Bills game however.

I agree. I love watching most any football game. 

But having an ‘heir to the throne’ doesn’t make sense to me. 

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I find that dollars invested in the outcome helps me have an interest in a lot of games..

100% agree

but that’s about the only reason. 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bakin - I’m not going to turn this into an argument going back and forth, but I have lived more than half my life in Tampa.  Longer than growing up in Buffalo and people on this s board know how passionate I am about the Bills, but my children grew up here, and we go to a Bucs game each year as they love it.  I also spend a ton of money to fly all three of my children to see the Bills every year.  Tha.t’s four airfares, what we spend while we’re there, organize this game have now upwards of 21 family members some from out of ttown as well, so please stop with the personal attack tha you can only like one team.

I will never root for the Bucs over the Bills, but they play in different conferences and as I said in another thread that you just cannot drop, I always root for the Bills on their match ups and by some miracle if they both went to the SB, which will never happen, I would still passionately root for my Bills.  Everyone who knows me down here knows I am a fanatic Bills fan, go to a Bills restaurant in my neighborhood even though I have the ticket so I can be around other transplants who also love the Bills, and have a Beef on Weck.

I will not open this thread again as a personal attack is exactly what I can’t stand on this board.  I can love my team of my home of origin and I can also like my current home team of 27 years.  So that’s it.

Have a good night and if you want to be more attacking send me a PM, and I’m happy to give you my Cel and name and we can discuss it.  I dhave my best to never get personal to other posters, just agree to disagree, but you can’t seem to let this go.

Good night, and mods I apologize to you as I think I’ve gained you’re respect for being respectful to others even when I disagree.  Do not worry mods as I again will not open up this thread again to make a silly argument.

Good lord