Adam Schefter (who had perfect view from press box) says Music City Miracle was forward pass

Logic

Alas, it gets worse. Yes, we were suddenly embroiled in QB controversy, but that was likely our most talented team, sans QB. Titans were the League’s only undefeated team at home that season and we -with our #1 ranked defense went in there and WON! It’s a given we’d have made the SB and if the Titans fell 1 yard short of tying the game on the last play of regulation, well, ..nevermind..I think I’m gonna cry again ?..

6 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Earlier in that game, the Titans missed a field goal attempt, and we got called for defensive holding.  On a field goal attempt.  A little later they make a field goal.  I don't remember the exact details.....except.....

Defensive holding on a field goal attempt.  

We definitely didn't get the Patriots love in those yrs.

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I believe it was the last time I every broke something in my house watching the Bills.  But honestly, who cares?  It was an amazing play call.

also, on kickoff team, I was the 2nd guy from the sideline.  Your job there is to stay outside the hashmarks; don’t chase the ball; and wait for reverses/ throwbacks.  Your instinct is to chase the ball but it is a super important job and because whoever the contain person was then, cost the Bills a playoff win.

oh and RJ completely sucked that game. 

I care. It was flat out obvious that it was a forward pass, and it cost the Bills the biggest game they have played in the last 20 years.

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait, so Shefters opinion of what he remembers from something that happened 19 years ago is now the smoking gun that proves something that literal science failed to prove for 19 years?  

?? - The closest camera was at the 20, and the play happened at the 25. The angle on the 20-yard line-shot skewed it slighly enough to create doubt—IF you didn’t factor in the angle of the shot (which, duh, you should). If you do factor it in, it’s pretty easy to see that it was forward. Bottom line that one really can’t argue against: Wycheck’s hand relaesed the ball from behind the 25, and Mason caught it it past the 25.

• Like (+1) 1

The franchise just left a large market in Houston and moved to a much smaller Nashville market. The team wasn’t the immediate hit that everyone had hoped for, so games were called in their favor all year to help establish a fan base. Jeff Fisher got the reputation of being a good coach and the Bills got screwed. You can’t say there isn’t a history of the NFL influencing games to help their narrative

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

actually I think he fumbled it out of the EZ.  The only TD the Titans got that game was after they got the football ? all fired up from their safety.  It's the only playoff game I've ever seen where the starting QB and center had to practice snaps on the sidelines.

i view that as the play that really cost us the game. That and Wade Phillips not telling Ralph to shove it and put Flutie in at halftime.

He did fumble it but only after stumbling all the way into the back of the EZ so they saved him the chance to do this even more ######ed move that proved he shouldn't have been starting. 

Also just to add insult to injury the announcers were just talking about how this had never been done to a healthy QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He did fumble it but only after stumbling all the way into the back of the EZ so they saved him the chance to do this even more ######ed move that proved he shouldn't have been starting. 

Also just to add insult to injury the announcers were just talking about how this had never been done to a healthy QB. 

Nor since.

I view this as THE GREATEST Bills shot to the foot in 59 years.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

One thing I will never understand about that play is why Christie kicked it short to begin with. If he kicks it into the end zone the odds of that happening are incredibly slim

The idea was to limit a big return by kicking it in a manner that would allow the defense to quickly tackle the returner. Just a perfect cosmic ****storm the way the play went down. As has been mentioned, the biggest issue was leaving 16 seconds on the clock. They couldn't afford to be TOO safe on the kick because a Titans FG wins the game. Christie didn't have a big leg and even a full kick wouldn't necessarily have reached the EZ. Also, they probably wouldn't have taken a TB regardless. I'm sick now.

Edited by BillsSB2020