Trump The Divider

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't get what the story is. I see an old Indian banging a drum and a bunch of kids who think it's funny. Where's the story?

See the bolded below

WHAT’S NEWS?

by John Hindraker

On Friday, somewhere between 100,000 and 300,000 people attended the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C. The crowd dwarfed that at the so-called Women’s March the following day. Vice-President Pence addressed the March for Life crowd in person, and President Trump spoke via satellite.

Was that news? No. The only “news” that emerged from the massive rally arose out of a peaceful confrontation between some high school boys from Kentucky and an elderly Native American Man and a group of his followers. Supposedly, the boys treated the man disrespectfully. This became front-page news across the country. Why? Because it was important? Of course not; on Friday there were countless traffic accidents that deserved to make the news more than this encounter between teenagers and an aged activist.

{snip}

The MAGA hats were, of course, key to the story. They made the insignificant encounter into front page news, because the left-wing media got a twofer: an opportunity to smear both the right to life movement and President Trump and his supporters.

If you paid attention to the news, you would think that the only noteworthy thing that happened at the March for Life was the Indian/teenager standoff. Yet it turned out that even that meagre story was mis-reported. Rod Dreher and Roger Kimball have the details. In fact, if you look at video of the entire encounter, what happened was that the Kentucky teenagers, while waiting for a bus in front of the Lincoln Memorial, were being harassed by a separate group of eccentrics. The kids were jumping up and down and chanting when the Native American activist, along with several supporters and a camera, approached them and waded into the Kentucky teenagers, beating on his drum. He got into the face of one of the teenagers and pounded his drum a few inches from the boy in what was obviously intended to be an intimidating manner. A few moments later, members of the first group jeered at the Kentucky kids, calling them “faggots.” I have watched several videos of the incident, of varying lengths and shot from multiple perspectives, and haven’t see that the boys did anything wrong at all–certainly nothing warranting a news story.

The boy who is now being crucified on social media did nothing but stand still while the left-wing activist beat a drum in his face. 

This story was fake news at its worst, but the facts didn’t matter. The March For Life quickly denounced the high school students, their diocese has disowned them, and their school threatened to expel them. The lives of those who are recognizable in the videos will likely be ruined.

For what? Even if a group of high school kids had “mocked” a gang of aggressive activists who intruded into their midst, how is this front-page news? We are rapidly reaching the point where there is little actual news reported. Instead of news, we have narrative. What fits the far-left narrative is reported, whether accurately or not. What doesn’t fit the narrative is disregarded. Our news media exist not to inform us, but to propagandize on behalf of the left. No wonder no one trusts them!

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

the media is not going to be content until they wrongly foster a mass lynching.

When someone is out on the ledge, threatening to jump, there always seems to be manipulative, petty and heartless cretin on the ground encouraging them to jump. Often, media members fill the role of the cretin.  How these people survive professionally screwing up stories is beyond me. 

• Like (+1) 2

Even Tapper is tapping out of the narrative now. 

But again, the damage is already done. Millions of people will believe what they first heard about this story, not the corrections after the fact. It's a pattern we keep seeing - fueled in part by the (non compromised) media's need to be first/drive clicks and the (compromised elements) media's desire to push us further towards a shooting war. 

Here they didn't even retract/correct. They just deleted their article. 

Shameful. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Even Tapper is tapping out of the narrative now. 

But again, the damage is already done. Millions of people will believe what they first heard about this story, not the corrections after the fact. It's a pattern we keep seeing - fueled in part by the (non compromised) media's need to be first/drive clicks and the (compromised elements) media's desire to push us further towards a shooting war. 

Here they didn't even retract/correct. They just deleted their article. 

Shameful. 

Is tapper siding with the fake news narrative or is he being passive aggressive in mocking it?  He's not saying he thinks the media got it wrong.  He's saying the author of the article claims it.  I'm confused by his angle

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

Is tapper siding with the fake news narrative or is he being passive aggressive in mocking it?  He's not saying he thinks the media got it wrong.  He's saying the author of the article claims it.  I'm confused by his angle

I read his tweet of the article (which really is worth the time to read/has the best coverage of the incident imo) as him backing off. But maybe I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I read his tweet of the article (which really is worth the time to read/has the best coverage of the incident imo) as him backing off. But maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah I can't tell.  At least he's raising the possibility of "the rest of the story" 

• Like (+1) 1

Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-3.33.33-PM-500

Maybe the reason journalists assume that James O’Keefe’s videos are deceptively edited is that deceptive editing is the ordinary course of business for them.

ANOTHER UPDATE : More good people apologize:

Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-17.49.12.png

Kyle Smith piece: Nathan Phillips Lied. The Media Bought It. But the media didn’t just buy it. They were co-conspirators.

Plus, from the comments: “Anyone who thinks these recent attacks on these Catholic boys and on the Knights of Columbus aren’t geared to the next Supreme Court opening is kidding themselves.”

Stand up to bigotry: Support Amy Coney Barrett!

Also from the comments: “Amazing that this story occurred just 24 hrs after the BuzzFeed/Cohen fiasco with its obligatory non-stop MSM impeach-o-rama. Gellman amnesia at its finest. And when you see the Catholic hierarchy rush to throw these innocent kids to the wolves, you begin to understand the dimensions & persistence of the Church’s pedophile crisis. They are not the faithful & reliable stewards of our children they claim to be. CYA > justice.”

MORE STILL: An Apology From Rich Lowry of NRO: “I deleted my original tweet and we also took down a strongly worded post by my colleague Nick Frankovich that relied on the incomplete video. It’s another reminder — even for an old hand like me — that it’s best not to make snap judgments and to wait for all sides of a controversy to have a chance to be heard.”

You can’t trust what the likes of CNN and Buzzfeed say about people on the right. You absolutely need to do your own due diligence before piling on.

And for the record, here’s the archive version of the now-deleted NRO piece by Nicholas Frankovich The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross.

Related: The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran.

A bogus story about Trump supporters. Who could imagine such a thing?

• Like (+1) 1

The kid who just stood there when the asshat Indian started banging the drum right in his face showed remarkable composure. Not only that, that same kid also was trying to get some of the other kids around him to calm down, who were going back and forth with the other Indian who was talking smack.

Bang Drum Long Time deserved a lot worse than a wounded knee.

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 2

Just catching up on this story, but not surprised to come here and see Tibs started another far-left quick-to-judge hysterical rant about yet ANOTHER fake news story.

The media just got done going full Canadian on the fake Cohen story and you would THINK they would slow down so as to not embarrass themselves again and genuinely PROVE this concept of fake news. 

Not only do they push ANOTHER fake story, but they don't even wait a day to recover for the last embarrassment.

How embarrassed do these people need to be before they learn their lesson? They've truly gone full Canadian. And you never go full Canadian.

Look. Jack Morrissey went full Canadian.

DxZjH0AU8AAwz93.jpg

Edited by LABillzFan

Damn, this just gets worse. How in the effin' world does the left lose their mind like this? Read this dude's thread about what the left did to his brother and family...all because of a FAKE news story that the left just HAD to push.

You leftists have lost your effin' minds. You should all be embarrassed. Every freaking last one of your dirtbags. You make this country suck ass.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Damn, this just gets worse. How in the effin' world does the left lose their mind like this? Read this dude's thread about what the left did to his brother and family...all because of a FAKE news story that the left just HAD to push.

You leftists have lost your effin' minds. You should all be embarrassed. Every freaking last one of your dirtbags. You make this country suck ass.

Not even the right kid in the video.

DxT7y1BWoAA4LEv.jpg

13 hours ago, Paulus said:

I hate how people so flamboyantly throw around the fact someone was in the military. Like I give AF. Or, that service somehow obliges someone to be put on a pedestal. He was there for a political issue, and politics followed. His service is of ZERO CONSEQUENCE.

If a person served in the military it does not make their opinions any more important.

However if a person IS a Viet Nam veteran who actually served IN Viet Nam, That's a little bit different. That was as some F%$ked up Sh!t our country put them through. They DESERVE our respect IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not even the right kid in the video.

DxT7y1BWoAA4LEv.jpg

The one in the maga hat has been tampered with to make him look hillbilly. No proof or anything just looking at it I get the vibe

3 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

If a person served in the military it does not make their opinions any more important.

However if a person IS a Viet Nam veteran who actually served IN Viet Nam, That's a little bit different. That was as some F%$ked up Sh!t our country put them through. They DESERVE our respect IMHO.

Yes. Stand up for me and my fellow vietkongians!

Dear Liberals,

The reason America is amazing is because of white men. This country would have never amounted to a damn thing without us, and it’s incapable of amounting to anything without us. 

Also, remember today, on MLK Day, that MLK was a worthless husband, and pastor. Martin never could keep his dick in his pants. He put his dick ahead of his religion, cause, and family on a routine basis. To me, that’s not a man worth celebrating. But he was a good orator. 

And lets be honest — most of the reasons minorities don’t like white bro’s is is because they’re jealous of our success. Sorry we’re so clever and awesome. 

Edited by The_Dude

You're beating the wrong drum. While our veterans, and especially war zone veterans, deserve our respect for their time "in country" they do not get a pass for acting like a petulant child to further an agenda that they can't even convey.

Thats definitley incorrect. 

Most likely you never served based based on your statement. 

A very small mall portion of the military is designed to fight. Most people who went to Nam never pulled a trigger because they served in support roles; mechanics, cooks, logistics, and so on. Many people who went to Nam never went into the jungle. 

As an Iraq vet I’ll say this is doubly true of Iraq. We called these people “pogs” or “fobbits.” They are disgusting creatures who will ALWAYS let you know they were deployed but they didn’t do fight club things while there. 

Here’s something that might surprise some people — I used to be liberal. Yup. Voted for Obama. I had a huge political shift as I studied history and realized I was supporting failed/harmful concepts and because the “Obama coalition” expects all white, straight, liberal men to act like cucks and just be ‘yes men.’ Liberals HATE white guys. It literally went like this:

Me (white bro): ‘Sure, I’ll vote for Obama!’

Me: ‘Yay, Obama won!’

Minority liberals: ‘you white men don’t get to decide ***** anymore. Sit down and do what we tell you or you’re a racist!’

17 hours ago, BigMcD said:

In honour of Trump, the school is being renamed Covfefe Catholic High School. 

You should stop posting here.    Your posts are sad and juvenile and bring nothing to the table.       Yes I’m factoring in your last 10 posts.        Maybe night school can help ?  

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It's funny, you don't even realize how bad you are losing. You really can't win. If Trump is prez, we are winning. If he gets removed, or when he loses the next election badly, we win. Sniff

Gonna apologize for being stupid again ? 

You’re never gonna get out of that laundromat if you keep getting fooled by fake news 

16 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I don't get it.

White people are bad.      Front page stuff. 

Right next to the tranny/Muslim bin ?

38 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Minority liberals: ‘you white men don’t get to decide ***** anymore. Sit down and do what we tell you or you’re a racist!’

So to teach them a lesson you turned into the stereotype.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Dear Liberals,

The reason America is amazing is because of white men. This country would have never amounted to a damn thing without us, and it’s incapable of amounting to anything without us. 

Also, remember today, on MLK Day, that MLK was a worthless husband, and pastor. Martin never could keep his dick in his pants. He put his dick ahead of his religion, cause, and family on a routine basis. To me, that’s not a man worth celebrating. But he was a good orator. 

And lets be honest — most of the reasons minorities don’t like white bro’s is is because they’re jealous of our success. Sorry we’re so clever and awesome. 

You are claiming success for something you had absolutely nothing to do with. Sure, Whites happened to be lucky enough to get into circumstances that allowed them to be successful, thank goodness. But that has nothing to do with a dumb ass like you. You are along for the ride, you contributed nothing. Judging a person, an individual, by the color of their skin is so completely ignorant that it tangibly demonstrates your personal inferiority. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

You are claiming success for something you had absolutely nothing to do with. Sure, Whites happened to be lucky enough to get into circumstances that allowed them to be successful, thank goodness. But that has nothing to do with a dumb ass like you. You are along for the ride, you contributed nothing. Judging a person, an individual, by the color of their skin is so completely ignorant that it tangibly demonstrates your personal inferiority. 

I judge people based on their culture and the content of their character, not their skin color. 

By the way, "luck" had nothing to do with the success of western civilization. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

okay, Obama.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

I judge people based on their culture and the content of their character, not their skin color. 

By the way, "luck" had nothing to do with the success of western civilization. 

Luck? Sure it did, they were geographically lucky to be in Western Europe. All the technological innovations were able to mesh there, even though many had been invented somewhere else. Better agriculture, less disease, better trade routes, etc. people are just people. 

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

okay, Obama.

You don't agree with me?? Environment shapes the person as much or more than what they are born with, to a large degree. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Luck? Sure it did, they were geographically lucky to be in Western Europe. All the technological innovations were able to mesh there, even though many had been invented somewhere else. Better agriculture, less disease, better trade routes, etc. people are just people. 

You don't agree with me?? Environment shapes the person as much or more than what they are born with, to a large degree. 

While new discoveries happened all across the globe far more happened in Western and Central Europe due to the university system largely promoted by the Catholic Church than elsewhere.  Proximity to NA helped the European succeed here but that same European was far better equipped to succeed than his non-Western European cousins.

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1. You're an idiot

2. Better agriculture than Egypt?

3. Less disease? You idiot -- there was way more disease because of "trade routes" you meathead

4. Better trade routes were because of better goods. People didn't walk from China to Italy because it was convenient. God you're dumb. Don't play this game with me, I'm way better at it than you. Kinda what my degree is in.

You're an idiot. Your underlined point is the only thing correct in this. 

Edited by The_Dude

4 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

1. You're an idiot

2. Better agriculture than Egypt?

3. Less disease? You idiot -- there was way more disease because of "trade routes" you meathead

4. Better trade routes were because of better goods.

You're an idiot. Your underlined point is the only thing correct in this. 

Tibs fails to see how far Egypt fell from the golden age during Biblical times in terms of agricultural production going into the Industrial Age.  It was innovations such as plant breeding that helped revitalize Egypt into modern times.  Population did grow in Egypt during modern times so even with innovations Egypt was still a net importer of products such as wheat.