Predictions - AFC & NFC Championship Games

I feel like pats are going to try and milk the time of possession. If Kansas City doesn't come to play defense it'll be tough.

Saints vs rams I'm thinking will be decided by a field goal. Both teams are pretty similar with advantage to rams d line.

Should be fun to watch, hopefully.

Pats ML

Pats/Chiefs Over (Didn't bet this but wish I did). Might bet it if I miss on the the early game.

Rams +5

Rams/Saints Under (Actually bet the over but I am now thinking I should have taken the under but will let it ride for now.) 

1 hour ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I think they are going beat down KC big time. I expect the running backs to own the KC defense because they aren’t too good.  

So much for all the lamenting about Patrick Mahomes

I expect a Patriots win but I don't think it will be a beat down. KC's offense is too good to allow that. And on top of that they are playing at home. I'm expecting a high scoring game.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Rams 20-Saints 14. Brees arm looks really tired. Wouldn't be shocked to see another low scoring game in the SuperDome.

Chiefs 38-Pats 24.

Exactly how I am seeing them minus the Chiefs winning.  Kicking myself for taking the over in the early game. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Pats ML

Pats/Chiefs Over (Didn't bet this but wish I did). Might bet it if I miss on the the early game.

Rams +5

Rams/Saints Under (Actually bet the over but I am now thinking I should have taken the under but will let it ride for now.) 

I expect a Patriots win but I don't think it will be a beat down. KC's offense is too good to allow that. And on top of that they are playing at home. I'm expecting a high scoring game.

Exactly how I am seeing them minus the Chiefs winning.  Kicking myself for taking the over in the early game. 

You'll know how to feel about the bet AFTER the game!?

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

New Orleans is CRAZY right now. Much like the 2009 team, this team gets it. They are SO New Orleans and the fans are eating it up. I’m heading down to Bourbon in a few minutes to soak it all in. These people are READY.  I can’t see them losing. I can’t even see the game being close. 

Peters is finally healthy, the Rams want it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win today. 

I think the Chiefs defeat the Pats today only because the Pats are away from home. That tends to lessen Brady somewhat, and diminish their offense. It also plays a factor in keeping the officials in line because you know if the Pats are home they are getting every BS and ticky tack call in the rule book and not in the rule book. The final factor that will stop a Pats victory is the Bon Jovi and Kraft "livin on a prayer" singalong wont be able to happen. Judging from last weeks game this infused the entire Pats team with superpowers to drub the hapless Chargers.

As for the Saints/Rams. To me Brees has not looked good for the last few weeks. There is something up with his arm/shoulder or maybe he's just worn out. I think the Rams take it.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Two good games worth watching till the end

It was $120 for the Rams home playoff game 

We say this every year and then the home team wins without much worry

...Jesus, I'd better go back under my rock......"Left Coast" special rates.....

I think it is easy to pick NE for many reasons, but I'm taking KC.

I watched the KC vs. NE game again last night (aired on NFL network) and it was a very close affair; KC stayed right with NE's scoring all game and lost only with a last moment FG with time expiring.  

I think the second time around KC will get it done.

I don't feel nearly as strongly about the other game; I just hope it's a good, even game.  NOLA probably wins.

4 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Chiefs and Rams. 

Rematch of the highest scoring game in NFL history.

"The NFL is rigged" crowd comes alive, to the dismay of those without cognitive difficulties. 

Sounds good, but wouldn't the "it's rigged" crowd's argument be lessened with a NE loss?

I mean, all games are supposed to be rigged in their favor as it is!

Your scenario would make for a crazy cognitive conundrum!

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Sounds good, but wouldn't the "it's rigged" crowd's argument be lessened with a NE loss?

I mean, all games are supposed to be rigged in their favor as it is!

Your scenario would make for a crazy cognitive conundrum!

The rigged crowd are losers

who cares what they think 

I would like to see the Chefs win, convincingly . Probably won’t happen, but if they do hallelujah! If the Pats win, they will probably hoist the trophy again. 

I want the Rams, because of little Bum. The Cowgirls showed a plan that works against NO and LA has the weapons to implement. 

Obviously we will know more tonight but as far as predictions go, I will watch both and if KC doesn’t put up a better fight than the Chargers, it is going to be a long two weeks .

Both teams should get a possession in OT regardless of fg or td imo. A season should not come down to a coin flip, and I am rooting for NO.

Thought I was in the game thread.

Edited by Turk71

19 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Patriots 28, Chiefs 23

* Patriots outclass Kansas City.  Belichick outcoaches Andy Reid and stifles Patrick Mahomes and the offense in the redzone.  KC scores a late TD to make it look closer than the game really was.  Yes NE in the Super Bowl again ????

Rams 31, Saints 28

* Rams defense turns in a big performance forcing several turnovers.  The Rams rushing attack continues to perform and Jared Goff finally turns in a good performance.

Get ready for:

NE vs. LA

Old vs. Young 

Will we see a changing of the guard in the NFL?

Well so far 1 for 1.  Not too shabby

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I got 450 reasons to root for the Saints!

Sorry bud

23 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

Patriots 28, Chiefs 23

* Patriots outclass Kansas City.  Belichick outcoaches Andy Reid and stifles Patrick Mahomes and the offense in the redzone.  KC scores a late TD to make it look closer than the game really was.  Yes NE in the Super Bowl again ????

Rams 31, Saints 28

* Rams defense turns in a big performance forcing several turnovers.  The Rams rushing attack continues to perform and Jared Goff finally turns in a good performance.

Get ready for:

NE vs. LA

Old vs. Young 

Will we see a changing of the guard in the NFL?

I should have put $$$$ on these.  I basically nailed it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1