Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

47 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

My Daughter looked up Game of Thrones recipes today so we had some Dragon Wings and a red wedding punch.

In the coming weeks we'll be having unsullied stew (cocktail weenies and small meatballs)

Theon Grayjoy's missing special  (sausages)

Cercei and Jamie's ***** pudding

Nedible Heads

Bon Apetit'

I’d have gone with roast pork in honor of that Night’s Watch guy that they burned at Craster’s Keep.

Maybe also steak tartare for the Bolton Bastard who got eaten by his own dogs. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Finally???

what about the last book

ITS SHOW TIME 

I was hooked on the book series before the show and it took him five god darn years longer than expected for A Dance With Dragons to come out.  

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I’d have gone with roast pork in honor of that Night’s Watch guy that they burned at Craster’s Keep.

Maybe also steak tartare for the Bolton Bastard who got eaten by his own dogs. 

Roast pork would work for what killed King Robert as well.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought the first episode was a little slow and boring, but perhaps necessary as everything gets set up for the big finale.

The dragon riding scene was lousy and not in keeping with the books.  

I also thought Jon Snow learning his true lineage was done in a hasty manner; should have been done in a more substantive way.

I did enjoy the prostitute scene though; there used to be much more of that type of thing in the early seasons of the show.

Arya gave Gendry a weapon design that looked like a launchable dragon glass spear, I think that will be significant at some point. My guess is it brings down the dead dragon or the Night King.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Arya gave Gendry a weapon design that looked like a launchable dragon glass spear, I think that will be significant at some point. My guess is it brings down the dead dragon or the Night King.

I couldn't really figure out what it was supposed to be.

I was thinking the analogy might be more like a single shot pistol for very close range, not a siege engine type projectile, but I'm really not sure one way or the other. 

arya-weapon-1555295950.jpg?crop=0.549xw:

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking the analogy might be more like a single shot pistol for very close range, not a siege engine type projectile, but I'm really not sure one way or the other. 

I didn't get a great look at it like this still picture. Definitely looks like more than just a simple spear projectile. I am not sure what it is but I have a strong feeling it will play a significant part.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

A spear or lance isn't Arya's style.

Arya's stealthy  She's "lurking about" as Sansa said last night.  I'm thinking it's a single shot weapon strapped to her forearm and easily concealed

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I thought the first episode was a little slow and boring, but perhaps necessary as everything gets set up for the big finale.

I also thought Jon Snow learning his true lineage was done in a hasty manner; should have been done in a more substantive way.

I did enjoy the prostitute scene though; there used to be much more of that type of thing in the early seasons of the show.

Agreed.  Last night felt like a refresher episode setting up the season. 

They did advance some a few threads Theon rescuing Yara, Sam telling Jon of his true lineage, and the re-union of most of the major players.  But there weren't any plot twists or new developments other than Bronn's new task and Cersei giving it up to Euron

The dragon riding scene was cheesy. 

Oh hey, I can ride a dragon too.  And now we're somewhere I used to go as a boy.  Now lets make out in front of your pets.

4 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Yeah. I thought they were supposed to be around an hour and a half.

Episode 1 - 54 minutes

Episode 2 - 58 minutes

Episode 3 - 1 hour 22 minutes

Episode  4- 1 hour 8 minutes

Episode 5 - 1 hour 20 minutes

Episode 6 - 1 hour 20 minutes

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Arya's stealthy  She's "lurking about" as Sansa said last night.  I'm thinking it's a single shot weapon strapped to her forearm and easily concealed

Agreed.  Last night felt like a refresher episode setting up the season. 

They did advance some a few threads Theon rescuing Yara, Sam telling Jon of his true lineage, and the re-union of most of the major players.  But there weren't any plot twists or new developments other than Bronn's new task and Cersei giving it up to Euron

The dragon riding scene was cheesy. 

Oh hey, I can ride a dragon too.  And now we're somewhere I used to go as a boy.  Now lets make out in front of your pets.

Really cheesy.  I thought they were going to play "A Whole New World" in the background.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Folks are still using this as a complaint of the show?  :doh:

I haven't (and don't plan to) read the books but my understanding is that GOT diverged from the books a good long time ago...and why does it matter?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, eball said:

Folks are still using this as a complaint of the show?  :doh:

I haven't (and don't plan to) read the books but my understanding is that GOT diverged from the books a good long time ago...and why does it matter?

They didn't diverge from the books as much as simplified and moved beyond them as GRRM likes to take his sweet time writing.  The show producers and writers were given rough drafts of the final book and told by GRRM how it ends so I'm not worried about Game of Thrones going full "Lost" on us.

Edited by Doc Brown

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you have a time machine???

they are so far ahead of the books

28 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Who gives a ***** about books.

I do 

fast slow   It didn't matter to me.   I enjoyed it.

Don't know why but I expected a different exchange between the Hound and Arya.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

true.  but shes smart.  I can see it as something like a devise to launch spearheads.

Her ans Sansa did have a conversation about her target practice with a bow and arrow