Game of Thrones - And Now Our Watch Has Ended!

1 minute ago, Rockpile233 said:

During the opening song/animation they showed the flaming trench around Winterfell. They also mentioned it briefly if I remember. I imagine they’ll retreat past that and light it up at some point.

Unfortunatly an ice dragon could probably make short work of it or fly right over. Wonder if that’s how the NK will descend on Bran.

Yea it looks like something they were working on, with collapsing bridges.... Grey Worm was doing some inspecting too. 

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL at anyone who thought an hour long ode-to-self was even passably entertaining.

If you didn't already know dragongirl was mad for power and destined to be a horrible ruler I question how 'truly' you watch the show.

And if you thought the writers needed some grand get together because they're worried the fans are going to be sad at some main characters getting killed off...holy hell are you not giving yourself much credit. You spent 58 mins enjoying an HBO metamasturbation and because there weren't any breasts or blood you think that made it important? Christ dude, they took this week off. It's ok. It happens. But to sweep the reintroduction of Jamie L, reuinted w/ his brother, Starks et al, in the North no less, into a couple scenes and throw in a totally unnecessary 'let's get Arya laid' scene of equal length was laughably bad. The best part of it was Podrick singing. That was great. The rest was terrible.

My guess is contract dispute with Harrington this week or something. They gave him, what, about 3 lines total the entire episode?  

Some people liked The Fly episode in Breaking Bad.  Some people didn't.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

During the opening song/animation they showed the flaming trench around Winterfell. They also mentioned it briefly if I remember. I imagine they’ll retreat past that and light it up at some point.

Unfortunatly an ice dragon could probably make short work of it or fly right over. Wonder if that’s how the NK will descend on Bran.

The NK has powers that allow him to walk through fire so.  I don’t think that scenario is a lock.  

1 ice dragon 2 fire dragons 

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea it looks like something they were working on, with collapsing bridges.... Grey Worm was doing some inspecting too. 

The bridge folds down into a V with dragonglass attached to the wooden poles.  

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Still trying to get my man card back......my mexican squeeze hates game of thrones and wanted attn.....so I have not yet watched this weeks episode

DO NOT KILL MY DRAGONS

Tell her all the sex scenes put you in the mood 

You feel strong like a dragon 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

She had a childhood crush on him as a kid; that was it.  I'm aware of their history.

The scene was still creepy and awkward.  We just didn't need to see Arya taking her clothes off.  She's not that sort of character.

Right. And faced with almost certain annihilation in the morning, you’re going to leave this world as a virgin. 

More power to you. 

I’m with Arya. Get your rocks off and find out what the swizzle stick is that stirs the world’s cocktail. You’re a more complete human for doing so. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Some people liked The Fly episode in Breaking Bad.  Some people didn't.  

Bad comparison. Fly was a self-admitted bottle, and it was shot deliberately so; the production was thematically consistent within the episode's intent. As a viewer I don't have an issue with taking artistic license in a one-off as long as you commit. Fish Out Of Water in BoJack is another good example. 

Exposition for exposition's sake is bad television, period. We're talking about a show that cut its teeth killing off main characters unexpectedly...nobody needs a fireside sit down for memory's sake. Maybe Gendry gave Arya herpes. 

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Bad comparison. Fly was a self-admitted bottle, and it was shot deliberately so; the production was thematically consistent within the episode's intent. As a viewer I don't have an issue with taking artistic license in a one-off as long as you commit. Fish Out Of Water in BoJack is another good example. 

Exposition for exposition's sake is bad television, period. We're talking about a show that cut its teeth killing off main characters unexpectedly...nobody needs a fireside sit down for memory's sake. Maybe Gendry gave Arya herpes. 

Stripped down, the DNA of Thrones is people talking to people.  Some interactions might seem slightly forced given the time constraints, but I'd hardly argue this was exposition for exposition's sake.    

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

Right. And faced with almost certain annihilation in the morning, you’re going to leave this world as a virgin. 

More power to you. 

I’m with Arya. Get your rocks off and find out what the swizzle stick is that stirs the world’s cocktail. You’re a more complete human for doing so. 

7 hours ago, stony said:

Ayra wanted some D the night before the big battle.  Nothing awkward about that.  

I totally wasn't ready for it... Had to change the channel, I was so grossed -out... Now, I think Gendry wouldn't be such a terrible guy to date your daughter... -He's (mostly) even-tempered...-Has a trade he's pretty good at... Plenty worse son-in-law material out there...

Read an interesting theory about the forthcoming Battle of Winterfell....

In the last scene they show the undead approaching Winterfell but no NK or zombie dragon. Could it be possible the NK went to Kings Landing on his dragon to kill/recruit for his army?  

The whole last episode didn’t show anything from Kings Landing. I definitely don’t think they would kill off Cersi without showing it. But maybe the NK kills the Lannister army and somehow Cersei escapes. 

One nugget to support this theory is in one of Brans visions we see the shadow of a dragon over Kings Landing. All his other visions have come true...

I don’t think this is the case, but is still interesting to contemplate. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have a theory that everyone who was in that room by the fire will die in the next episode.

30 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

In the last scene they show the undead approaching Winterfell but no NK or zombie dragon. Could it be possible the NK went to Kings Landing on his dragon to kill/recruit for his army?  

The whole last episode didn’t show anything from Kings Landing. I definitely don’t think they would kill off Cersi without showing it. But maybe the NK kills the Lannister army and somehow Cersei escapes. 

One nugget to support this theory is in one of Brans visions we see the shadow of a dragon over Kings Landing. All his other visions have come true...

In his vision the throne room is in ruins, the throne sits empty and snow is falling through the destroyed roof. It would make sense considering the fact KL has no dragons and a million citizens to add to the army of the Dead.

4 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

More likely he put a baby in her belly uniting Houses Stark and Baratheon. Baratheon is Targaryan cousins. If Dany and Jon(and Tyrion?) are dead maybe Gendry and Arya end up on the throne.

5 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

The one obvious observation at the end of the last episode was the camera only showed a white walker and not the Night King getting ready to attack Winterfell.

This a very plausible theory as it's a great strategy. Send a small army to Winterfell as a diversion when a bigger army of the dead attack King's Landing and gain thousands of more Wights.  It would also explain how there's still four hour plus episodes left and this seems like the dead and the living fighting at Winterfell be the final battle of the series.  The two people I can think of that would see the oncomming attack are Bronn and maybe Melisandre who are somwhere between KL and Winterfell.  Is it possible the Night King wants a wife and Cersei is his bride to be?  Bran's vision of the future is faulty since he doesn't have a Delorean so you really can't count on him to see anything coming.

Edited by Doc Brown

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The one obvious observation at the end of the last episode was the camera only showed a white walker and not the Night King getting ready to attack Winterfell.

This a very plausible theory as it's a great strategy. Send a small army to Winterfell as a diversion when a bigger army of the dead attack King's Landing and gain thousands of more Wights.  It would also explain how there's still four hour plus episodes left and this seems like the dead and the living fighting at Winterfell be the final battle of the series.  The two people I can think of that would see the oncomming attack are Bronn and maybe Melisandre who are somwhere between KL and Winterfell.  Is it possible the Night King wants a wife and Cersei is his bride to be?  Bran's vision of the future is faulty since he doesn't have a Delorean so you really can't count on him to see anything coming.

Interesting theory as it would have been foreshadowed by Robb Stark outflanking the Lannisters at Whispering Wood/Riverrun and the Lannisters outflanking Daenerys at High Garden/Castily Rock

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Just a horrible take.  But whatever, to each his own.

7 hours ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Nah, I think it's that one of the "reality" challenges they (HBO) have representing the NK and his army now is the dragon.  I mean, is the NK (or the dragon) just up there flying around all the time?  Does the dragon walk some of the time while NK is on a horse?  When you think about how slow that army travels it's difficult to represent.  I think we'll see in the next episode that he's there, and will fly in over the army in an effort to reach Bran.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.

8 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I have a theory that everyone who was in that room by the fire will die in the next episode.

Booo Hiss

Many, not all.  (I hope) 

We need to expect that many of our favorites will be killed off.  it will soften the blow. 

Former CIA deputy director cameos in 'Game of Thrones'

David S. Cohen received a hot meal from Davos Seaworth on the show, and a flurry of social media jokes followed.

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Interesting theory as it would have been foreshadowed by Robb Stark outflanking the Lannisters at Whispering Wood/Riverrun and the Lannisters outflanking Daenerys at High Garden/Castily Rock

David Casity ?

Casterly Rock is barren of riches.   Other than its the family land there isn't anything there bu an ocean view.  

5 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

so who is going to steer the ships since the white walkers etc won't go into the water? are they even smart enough to get into boats? remember when Jon killed one and left on a row boat.

Except to perform deep water salvage operations. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Jerry Christ said:

so who is going to steer the ships since the white walkers etc won't go into the water? are they even smart enough to get into boats? remember when Jon killed one and left on a row boat.

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Except to perform deep water salvage operations. 

Yeah, if we want to poke holes it's easy to do...better to just enjoy it and suspend disbelief (i.e., see my post above about the NK just flying around on the dragon all the time while his army literally creeps south).

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, if we want to poke holes it's easy to do...better to just enjoy it and suspend disbelief (i.e., see my post above about the NK just flying around on the dragon all the time while his army literally creeps south).

Not poking holes, just joking. 

And if anyone can’t suspend disbelief or is otherwise offended by the implausible aspects of a show with dragons, zombies, and a three eyed raven that sees everything, then they simply shouldn’t be watching this show in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

And if anyone can’t suspend disbelief or is otherwise offended by the implausible aspects of a show with dragons, zombies, and a three eyed raven that sees everything, then they simply shouldn’t be watching this show in the first place. 

And yet they are all around us!  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I mean, who has GIANT ship anchor chains just lying about 100 leagues from an ocean!?  

LOL ....   

Forget the impossibility of it and roll with the show 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

I thought the show really crossed the line into absurdity in Season 7, episodes 5 and 6.  The whole pretense of having a group of major characters go North of the wall to face the army of the dead and capture a specimen.... without any sort of plan, equipment, horses, etc was awful.  All to show it to Cersei (who had zero military) for an unnecessary cease fire, which anyone could have guessed Cersei wouldnt honor anyways.  The chains thing was just icing on the top.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I thought the show really crossed the line into absurdity in Season 7, episodes 5 and 6.  The whole pretense of having a group of major characters go North of the wall to face the army of the dead and capture a specimen.... without any sort of plan, equipment, horses, etc was awful.  All to show it to Cersei (who had zero military) for an unnecessary cease fire, which anyone could have guessed Cersei wouldnt honor anyways.  The chains thing was just icing on the top.  

This so much, I hated the idea and it got them literally nothing except down 1 Dragon and some more deaths.  Was pointless.  

I kept thinking "but why" when they had the idea and it never left me as they continued on.  I think the show runners needed a way to get Cersei and the rest of the main players in the same spot for a sit down and this is the best they could come up with..

58 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Yea, the whole pace and speed of the show changed last season. Everything just seemed to happen very fast and/or seemed forced. I get it though, the show is expensive to produce and they are trying to conclude it the best way they can without any real source material.

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This so much, I hated the idea and it got them literally nothing except down 1 Dragon and some more deaths.  Was pointless.  

I kept thinking "but why" when they had the idea and it never left me as they continued on.  I think the show runners needed a way to get Cersei and the rest of the main players in the same spot for a sit down and this is the best they could come up with..

There was that... and the real cheesy non-subtle "Avengers" brand of humor during the trek past the wall.  

Also, the way they were just able to fend off like 100K wights in a terrible defensive position, and likely exhausted/cold.  Wights stormed the fist of the first men, one of the most optimal defensive strongholds and devastated/slaughtered 200 fully armed and prepared men of the night's watch.  Then, in S7, E6, they are each crushing wights 5 at a time, exploding with a flick off the wrist with a regular sword.  Luckily, I think it recovered the past 3 episodes. 

I hope the books do not use that plot, and if they do, make it more plausible.  

It was the weakest the show ever got.   

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but I didn't react as strongly to it in a negative way.  I think they simply thought they needed every army to fight the dead, and Tyrion wrongly concluded Cersei could be swayed if presented with evidence of what they were fighting against.

The whole thing is pretty dumb when you think about it, which is why I don't let it bother me much.  I've really enjoyed the first two episodes of this season in which everything is dialogue and build-up rather than crash-boom-bang.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s ok. You’re a Game if Thrones fan. I’m a fan of good television. There’s enough overlap to keep disagreements at a minimum.

At least you're not arrogant.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Last season was rushed but the last episode was a great one.  I expect it to be special the rest of the way. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Not really. 

3 fire breathing dragons just need to stay out of spear throwing reach and the NK's army is torched.

NOW 

3 fire breathing dragons just need to stay out of spear throwing reach and the NK's on an undead dragon.   

I'm sure the books will have a better storyline 

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not really. 

3 fire breathing dragons just need to stay out of spear throwing reach and the NK's army is torched.

NOW 

3 fire breathing dragons just need to stay out of spear throwing reach and the NK's on an undead dragon.   

This might be hoping against hope....but I am hoping that the now turned ice dragon (a magical creature) wakes up and in some way redeems saving the monther of dragons......

Something like the Knight King tells the dragon to kill her......and he hesitates throwing some love at his mother......and in some way dies saving his mother.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This might be hoping against hope....but I am hoping that the now turned ice dragon (a magical creature) wakes up and in some way redeems saving the monther of dragons......

Something like the Knight King tells the dragon to kill her......and he hesitates throwing some love at his mother......and in some way dies saving his mother.

Or the Red Priestess (Witch) Melisandre dies bringing it back to life 

and just who is 

7taswfymk1u21.jpg

A rumor I could get behind --

they think the little girl is Melisandre in disguise. Infiltrator

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not really. 

NOW 

But why did they need to get the WW for Cersei then??  I'm not sure of your point.

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

David Casity ?

Casterly Rock is barren of riches.   Other than its the family land there isn't anything there bu an ocean view.  

you know, if you're going to poke somebody for misspelling a proper noun of a fictitious location you should at least try to not screw up one of the most basic words of the English language

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not really. 

NOW 

Yes, unfortunately it appears that the NK is the unannounced 3rd contestant in the Allen & Mahomes throwing contest. Dudes got a cannon. 

• Like (+1) 1