McDermott needs to be ready

DCbillsfan

A bunch of head coach firings - Browns, Packers, Bengals, Fish, Jets, Broncos, and Bucs.  Maybe the Cardinals

Frazier and Daboll in all likelihood will get some interviews for HC jobs.  McDermott needs to have some guys in mind as replacements.

Plus there has to be a special teams coach out there to replace Crossman, right?

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure he hasn't thought of that...

Honestly, if any coach from our team gets a HC gig, I'll be super surprised. How can you justify Daboll getting a job when we had one of the worst offenses in the league? Frasier already had his shot and failed.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

A bunch of head coach firings - Browns, Packers, Bengals, Fish, Jets, Broncos, and Bucs.  Maybe the Cardinals

Frazier and Daboll in all likelihood will get some interviews for HC jobs.  McDermott needs to have some guys in mind as replacements.

Plus there has to be a special teams coach out there to replace Crossman, right?

I'm confident that McD is more prepared than you are giving him credit for.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Frazier will get interviews.  Rooney rule.

Pretty shallow perspective right here

9 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm confident that McD is more prepared than you are giving him credit for.

Pretty shallow perspective right here

But it's reality.  Right now there's two African-American HCs left if I'm counting correctly and it's a priority for the league.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm sure he hasn't thought of that...

Honestly, if any coach from our team gets a HC gig, I'll be super surprised. How can you justify Daboll getting a job when we had one of the worst offenses in the league? Frasier already had his shot and failed.

I don't mean to pick on you personally, because a ton of fans make the same claims, but these takes are the absolute worst.

Coach is forced to coordinate talentless group. The talentless group does not perform well. Therefore, coach must suck.

It's just so unbearably awful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I really don't think daboll will get a head coaching job. I don't think he's quite at that level yet

Good. I think he is capable, but he hasn't been able to show it because of our roster situation. Actually works out well for us. 

There is nothing worse for a young QB than constant coach/coordinator turnover. Just ask Blaine Gabbert. Saw a stat last night in the IND/TEN game that blew me away. In 8 years in the NFL, he's had NINE different head coaches and eight OC's.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, MJS said:

Frasier already had his shot and failed.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would want Frazier as a HC, but I hope someone takes him off our hands.  IMO, he did a mediocre job at best with the DLine, which ended up putting a lot more pressure on the DBs...who did a great job, especially with not enough help from the DLine.

1 minute ago, CLTbills said:

Good. I think he is capable, but he hasn't been able to show it because of our roster situation. Actually works out well for us. 

There is nothing worse for a young QB than constant coach/coordinator turnover. Just ask Blaine Gabbert. Saw a stat last night in the IND/TEN game that blew me away. In 8 years in the NFL, he's had NINE different head coaches and eight OC's.

Agree. I think the continuity for Allen would be incredibly beneficial at this point in his career. Also, I like Daboll and I am interested to see what he does with an upgraded roster.

34 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

I am not to concerned - I think these guys are a prepared for most scenarios.

6 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Yes, yes, yes.  The Gabbert stat was mind-blowing. 

The single most important thing for the Bills over the next 8 months is to retain Daboll.   Allen and the rest of the offense needs continuity more than anything else at this time.  There is no single player in the draft or free agency that means more to the Bills' 2019 offense than Brian Daboll.   And I'm not saying Daboll is a star.  I'm just saying the Bills' offense desperately needs stability.   Let's see them build on Allen, Jones, Foster, Dawkins, Teller and a couple of other returnees.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, yes, yes.  The Gabbert stat was mind-blowing. 

The single most important thing for the Bills over the next 8 months is to retain Daboll.   Allen and the rest of the offense needs continuity more than anything else at this time.  There is no single player in the draft or free agency that means more to the Bills' 2019 offense than Brian Daboll.   And I'm not saying Daboll is a star.  I'm just saying the Bills' offense desperately needs stability.   Let's see them build on Allen, Jones, Foster, Dawkins, Teller and a couple of other returnees.  

I totally agree.  And Daboll seems to be a fit for this offense the way he moves guys around.  Zay was wide open for the TD because the WR routes confused a decent Miami secondary. 

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

I don't mean to pick on you personally, because a ton of fans make the same claims, but these takes are the absolute worst.

Coach is forced to coordinate talentless group. The talentless group does not perform well. Therefore, coach must suck.

It's just so unbearably awful. 

IMO I wouldn't say it has to do anything with the coach sucking as the hand he had was obviously awful.

But you think you would want to see success from someone before giving him the keys to the franchise. Once again, Not saying it was Daboll's fault that the offence sucked this year. But just saying hiring a coach with a proven track record would be an important asset IMO.

• Like (+1) 2