Matt Barkley extended for two years

jletha

33 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

I don’t see how anyone is excited by this signing. He’s still a terrible QB. Bills’ fans just have the bar set so low...I’m not upset he’s signed on for a few more years, but I’m certainly not excited by this and hope to God he never has to play QB. 

But he did have to play QB......with our poor OL and pass catcher's to boot....and killed it.

Anyone that says they dont like it should be giving an alternative so we can discuss it......and no "draft a QB" is NOT ACCEPTABLE we needed a veteran presence behind our franchise 2nd year QB

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

In what way?  Jacked as in muscular?  Are we looking at the same pic?  Guess I know why I get looked at weirdly when I'm out sometimes now...

Yes, muscular. It could be the way his shirt fits but he looks pretty big, at least bigger than I thought 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Imagine that - Buffalo goes into the 2019 season with the QB position solidified at starter and backup, both eminently qualified and a position  to look forward to watching. Been a looooong time since Bills fans could state anything close.

....whoa!...a presumptuous leap?.......where has the "TBD Other Josh Gang" signed off?.....think they're still lurking "in the bushes (poison ivy perhaps)"................

18 minutes ago, stuvian said:

A day late and a dollar short. If a back up like him had been in camp all along we might still be talking about this year 

better late then never.

47 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

I don’t see how anyone is excited by this signing. He’s still a terrible QB. Bills’ fans just have the bar set so low...I’m not upset he’s signed on for a few more years, but I’m certainly not excited by this and hope to God he never has to play QB. 

can·tan·ker·ous
/kanˈtaNGk(ə)rəs/
adjective

1. bad-tempered, argumentative, and uncooperative.
    "a crusty, cantankerous old man"
  • Thank you (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, Reader said:

This is about your earlier comments of Barkley. As far as football knowledge goes you have more than me so correct my thinking.

It seems like there are certain guys who don't make it as a starter, but are competent enough to be a backup for years in the league. IIRC, overtime they can go from awful to decent as a trajectory of their careers. I'm thinking Testaverde, Garcia, Collins, etc... and maybe it's a mistake to lump those three together. Is there any reason to think Barkley can't go from awful to decent by your standards? Could his most recent game be indicative of something between an outlier and him being good now?

I agree with everything you said, except if you have a rag arm, which very few players ever improve. It’s possible but highly unlikely. 

1 hour ago, cantankerous said:

who would you prefer as an ideal backup-QB?

..who the hell knows anymore?....highly touted coming out, never amounting to much in a well traveled career, but could he be a solid dependable back up?.....strange doings in NFL lore......Earl "The Pearl" Morral subbing for injured Griese gets SB win.......Patsies castoff Plunkett gets Raiders in as 9-7 WC and gets the Lombardi.....Cassell takes over for injured Brady and Pats go 11-5 and MISS the playoffs.......Kurt Warner who?......Rich Gannon Raiders resurrection (... ith the Raiders, he achieved his greatest successes, including four consecutive seasons making the Pro Bowl (1999-2002), three consecutive postseason appearances for the Raiders (2000-2002), two All-Pro selections (2000, 2002), one MVP, and an appearance in Super Bowl XXXVII played on January 26, 2003 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California.).......

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....whoa!...a presumptuous leap?.......where has the "TBD Other Josh Gang" signed off?.....think they're still lurking "in the bushes (poison ivy perhaps)"................

Well if he isn't the starter after what we've seen + being the 7th pick and next year being year two... 

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree with everything you said, except if you have a rag arm, which very few players ever improve. It’s possible but highly unlikely. 

He can toss a few dimes 40 yards downfield on the money tho...

good pickup. all about the TEAM perspective. Allens is the Future. Anderson is the  " Coach" and Brakley is locked in at #2.

we should be all set for next season.

next on list?

Protection for the QB via O line. sort that s--t asap

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..who the hell knows anymore?....highly touted coming out, never amounting to much in a well traveled career, but could he be a solid dependable back up?.....strange doings in NFL lore......Earl "The Pearl" Morral subbing for injured Griese gets SB win.......Patsies castoff Plunkett gets Raiders in as 9-7 WC and gets the Lombardi.....Cassell takes over for injured Brady and Pats go 11-5 and MISS the playoffs.......Kurt Warner who?......Rich Gannon Raiders resurrection (... ith the Raiders, he achieved his greatest successes, including four consecutive seasons making the Pro Bowl (1999-2002), three consecutive postseason appearances for the Raiders (2000-2002), two All-Pro selections (2000, 2002), one MVP, and an appearance in Super Bowl XXXVII played on January 26, 2003 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, California.).......

Rich Gannon had come to mind before reading your post. He really struggled early on then he started to grow and the NFL slowed down- went on to have an incredible career from his mid to later years, career wise.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1