Lol check out these patriot fans comments

Lafromboise

3 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Andre Tippett, John Hannah, and of course Steve Grogan.  If they name Sam Bam Cunningham they get a cookie too.  

Some of the smarter ones should be able to get Drew Bledsoe, Ben Coates, and Willie McGuiness.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There was no such thing as a Patriots fan before 2001. 

My old man was the only person I knew who was a Pats fan before then. He got a Bledsoe jersey when he was drafted and still wears it more then his Brady jersey. Now it seems like all my relatives are Patriot bag lickers. *****, I hope we win on Sunday to rub it in their faces over Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Some of the smarter ones should be able to get Drew Bledsoe, Ben Coates, and Willie McGuiness.

Drew still in my mind is a hall of fame Quarterback.  It always stunned me just how ill-prepared Gregg Williams had been.  As the heir appearant to Joe Gibbs could never muster enough.  In Cleveland he looks to finally have it together.  

30 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Actually, those were the real fans, but there weren’t many of them. Anyone since 2001 are just Championship chasers. They will move on to the next dynasty soon.

I’ve met real old fans who have completely fallen out with the fan base with all of the cheating.  Rooting for Bills, Colts, Texans, and Giants obnoxious toxicity in their own fan base drove them out.  

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Can you imagine when they miss the playoffs?

If Brady retires their starter is Brian Hoyer. I still cant believe they traded Jimmy G and Brissett within 6 weeks of each other

For Philip Dorsett and a second round pick (which they traded for a few 4th and 6th rounders a second next year)

My morale as a Bills fan was probably at an all-time low Week 2 in 2016 watching Garoppolo look like Peyton Manning circa 1999

I love seeing Brady on the decline. Can't handle the blitz anymore.

That 4th down throw on his last play where he had to fall down just to sling as hard as he could.. inaccurately. Was awesome. Wish I could find a GIF of the TV angle close up on him. It was pathetic.. and awesome. Allen isn't even close to declining Brady but he throws that velocity with no effort.

Shannon put him on blast for falling down trying to throw ?

https://youtu.be/DYrkmAVVIgE

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

In 2030, fans under 35 won't be able to name anyone from 2001--2018 except Sammy Watkins, Tyrod Taylor, Fred Jackson, and maybe Jerry Hughes.  

...because the internet and television will cease to exist?

It's an opinion, but I think true fans learn the team they support and likely became fans as a result of learning the history or sharing it within a family. I can only remember games from the post-kelly era, but doesn't mean I haven't seen 30 for 30 or the greatest comeback of all time. I had the family catalyst as well, but was convinced by the story.

16 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

In 2030, fans under 35 won't be able to name anyone from 2001--2018 except Sammy Watkins, Tyrod Taylor, Fred Jackson, and maybe Jerry Hughes.  

... and Josh Allen.

9 hours ago, Greybeard said:

That's funny because the Pats aren't even in Boston.

Technically, the Bills aren't in Buffalo.

I know what you meant, though - the Pats are "New England," not "Boston." But originally, they were the Boston Patriots. In order to increase their fandom - because Boston is a baseball town - they went regional with the name a few years later.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its not even really a baseball town.  Its a "Yankees Suck" town first and foremost.  Its a Sox town by a distant second.  Its even more distantly a Jeter Blows town.  The Pats might be 6th on the Boston sports hierarchy. 

I beg to disagree.  Having lived there almost 7 years and holding season tix to both Red Sox and Patriots, I can attest wholeheartedly that Boston is first and foremost a baseball town (maybe a “Yankees Suck” town second, but that pretty much died out after 2004).

My friend’s 85 yo grandmother would be glued to the TV for every game, and name every player on the roster, probably even their batting’s average or ERA.  There are so many just like her.

It’s the only city I know of the actually has a visible beacon atop one of their tallest, most historic buildings, the old Hancock Building, to let folks know that the game is on or rained out - it can be seen throughout the city and surrounding suburbs

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases.detail.html//content/prnewswire/us/en/news-releases.detail.html/john-hancock-weather-beacon-flashes-red-and-blue-to-celebrate-red-sox-world-series-victory-230044391.html.html

All that said, Patriots fans are the most fair weather fans I know of.  Soon, they’ll all be Giants fans again, like they were before the AFL.

40 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

... and Josh Allen.

Technically, the Bills aren't in Buffalo.

I know what you meant, though - the Pats are "New England," not "Boston." But originally, they were the Boston Patriots. In order to increase their fandom - because Boston is a baseball town - they went regional with the name a few years later.

Kind of like technically the Jets and Giants aren't in New York at all?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What will the Pats fans say when we beat them Sunday?

Oh, I can't wait. That's all I want for Christmas, is to get the chance to read some snippets of irate NE fans post-loss to JA! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Lafromboise said:

Me neither. I have no SB or WS or whatever gear so I won’t be that dude in 20 years with the “SB 51 Champs” T shirt that nobody cares about. I do have autographed memorabilia that means a lot and will take me back. I was a fan before, will be after and happy to have seen this personally.

This comment is baffling to me.  If the Bills ever win a SB (or the O's ever win a WS) I am gladly buying championship gear and keeping it around to reminisce on it 20, 30, 50 years down the road.  Couldn't care less who doesn't care.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

This comment is baffling to me.  If the Bills ever win a SB (or the O's ever win a WS) I am gladly buying championship gear and keeping it around to reminisce on it 20, 30, 50 years down the road.  Couldn't care less who doesn't care.

Don't forget to get your buffalo bills stanley cup champions banner. 

Buffalo-Bills-Stanley-Cup-Champions-Foot

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

I don’t care either, wear my Bills jersey and Habs hat with pride.  The one Bills hat I’ve got is my older brothers and that is prominently displayed in the living room.  Just because I’m from Maine doesn’t mean the Cheatriots and Boston ‘Ruins flopping all over the place doesn’t mean they don’t suck to me.  

756D8ED4-C006-454F-854A-D3B9D315BE4C.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I love seeing Brady on the decline. Can't handle the blitz anymore.

That 4th down throw on his last play where he had to fall down just to sling as hard as he could.. inaccurately. Was awesome. Wish I could find a GIF of the TV angle close up on him. It was pathetic.. and awesome. Allen isn't even close to declining Brady but he throws that velocity with no effort.

Shannon put him on blast for falling down trying to throw ?

https://youtu.be/DYrkmAVVIgE

I’ve always thought that Brady was one of the smartest players ever.

But the smart move was to announce at the end of the biggest SB comeback of all time, with 5 rings, his health and nothing left to prove that he was leaving the game.  On top.

Turns out that he’s pretty dumb.  He’s going to hang around while his play gets worse, risking injury, and allow those of us who he has tormented rejoice in his decline while he gets less and less fearsome and more sad.

Two thumbs up!

• Like (+1) 1

I have a friend who is a legit Patriots fan from before 2001, he remembers when the Bills owned not only the Patriots but the rest of the AFC.  From our point of view, the cheating thing is overblown.  I don't think I have to turn in my Bills fan card for saying this.  I simply think they were better than us and the rest of the league since 2001.  Of course I hate them but it's a respectful hate, wish we had that kind of success. 

I believe the Patriots' dynasty has made the league a cold, inhuman, Belichickian dystopia where half the coaches try to be insufferable pricks like he is, despite the fact they don't have 1/100th of his accolades.  Where the league truly embraces the philosophy of "win at all costs", human element be damned.  Even though I don't believe it's cheating, the way they, and frankly the rest of the teams toe and then step over the line is in poor taste. 

Having said this... the old adage of adversity being the true test of a person's character?  8 straight years of 12 wins or more... Jesus.  Those Patriots fans (since 2001) have known nothing but winning on a transcendent scale... they might have been kids when it all started and then went on to have kids whose Patriots WERE EVEN BETTER THAN THEIR PARENT'S PATRIOTS.  Satisfaction for these fans is a zero sum game where your team either won the Super Bowl or it was another lost year (despite the fact your team just won 12+ games and probably got to yet another AFC championship game).

Without taking anything away from them, it's a good deal to have the other teams in your division (and most of the NFL, for that matter) jettison their coaches, GMs, front office, scheme and systems every 2-3 years.  I'm curious to see if Brady's final goal (no matter what he says) of owning every meaningful career QB record is going to be worth it now that he's starting to look and feel his age.  Even more curious to see if Belichick will go through trying to find another QB now that he doesn't have a plan B.  And most curious to see how the Patriots handle some real adversity, and this year isn't even it.  Whether they finish 10-6 or 11-5, they beat some legit teams this year. 

Next year?  Perhaps stumbling through a 9-7 season fractures the tenuous alliance between Belichick - Kraft - Brady and the thing blows up completely.  Or perhaps these are the pipe dreams of a deluded Bills fan who has been having the same pipe dreams for 18+ years...

Edited by technobot
  • Thank you (+1) 2