McDermott or McCarthy?

Joeziehmer

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Lawson is playing good football.  Murphy has a contract that they can easily get out from this coming year if they want.  And they gave up under 200 yards to the Fish yesterday.

I don't think he actually watches the games

9 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

In 13 seasons with Favre and then Rodgers under center, McCarthy has ONE SB ring to show for it. McD got us to the playoffs in his rookie HC season with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

By that logic in ending the drought and having an abysmal record without growth despite a talented defense and by being hamstrung by insistence upon Peterman shows a deceiving tendency; of any real growth.  

Edited by Joeziehmer

3 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

By that logic in ending the drought and having an abysmal record without growth despite a talented defense and by being hamstrung by insistence upon Peterman shows a deceiving tendency xy of any real growth.  

Everyone knew Josh was the future and whoever started this year was a placeholder until he was ready. Credit McD for recognizing that Josh was the better QB to win now and making the switch.

McD isn't going anywhere. The Bills are going to give hime the time he deserves to right the ship. 

The Bills finally have a QB in Allen they can now start focusing on surrounding him with players and adding pieces to make the D even better. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

You just said a few posts above that this defense was shredded.

Against real Quarterbacks they suck; meaning Luck, Rivers, Brady, Rodgers, and now Tannehill.  Only reason they rank highly is because they play well against terrible teams.  Record shows it, and a real Coach would’ve had his team still at playoff levels.  How many times do we hear how McDermott admits he didn’t have his team prepared?    

Just now, Joeziehmer said:

Against real Quarterbacks they suck; meaning Luck, Rivers, Brady, Rodgers, and now Tannehill.  Only reason they rank highly is because they play well against terrible teams.  Record shows it, and a real Coach would’ve had his team still at playoff levels.  How many times do we hear how McDermott admits he didn’t have his team prepared?    

You mean like Mike McCarthy who has one of the  greatest QB's of all time and had 4 wins like the Bills?  And last year when the Packers were 7-9?

2 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Who do we want as Coach?  As it appears to be more and more lame duck by the day, I think we have to move on.  

Wait....you want a coach with the GOAT as a QB, who underperformed, to be in charge of the Bills???!!?? LOLOLOLOL

Nothing to get impressed by in McBeane anymore to go from playoffs to flop house.  I’m so glad we passed on Coughlin and Cowher for a Coach who believes corporate culture trumps winning.  Ownership is so intellectually deficient; we’ve found the real life Pointy Haired Bosses at this point.  

Edited by Joeziehmer

2 hours ago, Haplo848 said:

Let's see, McDermott has been drafting well, getting starters at the least, stars at the most from picks in the first round through the fifth, has developed players so that those young guys have made a big impact on the season, and with one more good draft/free agency, and/or continuing to develop his players, puts the Bills in place to make waves in the NFL going forward for a long time to come.  McCarthy, on the other hand, has squandered some of the best years of one the NFL's most elite QBs in history.  Tough choice, troll...

This times 1000

So we miss the playoffs are sitting well below five hundred.  Again we hear the same lines since Canned Chan Gailey on how well developed players are.  Going from ending a drought to wait until next season with blowout losses to Reich and Lynn who are intellectually worlds improved from McBeane with the records to show says something to me about how McDermott lacks intellectual competitiveness.  

2 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So we miss the playoffs are sitting well below five hundred.  Again we hear the same lines since Canned Chan Gailey on how well developed players are.  Going from ending a drought to wait until next season with blowout losses to Reich and Lynn who are intellectually worlds improved from McBeane with the records to show says something to me about how McDermott lacks intellectual competitiveness.  

Lynn - Philips Rivers

Reich - Andrew Luck

McDermott- 7 Games with Josh Allen, 2 With Derek Anderson, 2 with Nate Peterman, 1 with Matt Barkley

If not for a dropped pass yesterday this team had a shot at a winning record with THAT lining up at QB

Lynn and Reich are going to be good HC's. Mcdermott will too

These facts can be mutually exclusive 

3 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Who do we want as Coach?  As it appears to be more and more lame duck by the day, I think we have to move on.  

Every time I think I've seen the worst post of the year, somebody comes along & tops the last person's stupidity. 

3 hours ago, Joeziehmer said:

Hmmm if it’s an apparent lame duck situation,  McDermott obviously wouldnt be a choice.

you’re not correct incidentally that there is any moving on happening soon, but I just wanted to punt out your inconsistency.  

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lynn - Philips Rivers

Reich - Andrew Luck

McDermott- 7 Games with Josh Allen, 2 With Derek Anderson, 2 with Nate Peterman, 1 with Matt Barkley

If not for a dropped pass yesterday this team had a shot at a winning record with THAT lining up at QB

Lynn and Reich are going to be good HC's. Mcdermott will too

These facts can be mutually exclusive 

Lynn and Reich also know how to build offensive lines and Little Sean plays with his coloring books.  While, clapping along all the live long day.  Living in Maine Patriots fans now say it stands for Boy I Love Losing Season.  There is no optimism for this team anymore.  Developing talent and shipping it off to larger markets yeah; what they know is for.  

51 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Nothing to get impressed by in McBeane anymore to go from playoffs to flop house.  I’m so glad we passed on Coughlin and Cowher for a Coach who believes corporate culture trumps winning.  Ownership is so intellectually deficient; we’ve found the real life Pointy Haired Bosses at this point.  

Instead of calling ownership intellectually deficient, take a look in the mirror. 

When did they pass on Cowher?  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You just let us know who would have traded for Clay and his contract.

You know how we were already tight against the cap this year?  Well if you would have gotten rid of Clay before this year.....add another $9 million in dead cap.  

That is an intellectual bull you are disagreeing with, sir, best be careful lest he 'horns' you....

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Chuck Pagano?

Dick Jauron?

Jeff Fisher?

Hue Jackson?

I didn't try that hard :nana:

Talk to any Packers fan and see what they think of McCarthy.  They have been pining for his firing for a couple of years now.  He routinely makes completely boneheaded decisions that cost his team.  No thanks.

I put those coaches on par with McDermott.  Aside from Hue Jackson, they've each had more success. If you can't tell, I'm really unimpressed with McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

McCarthy is one of the worst head coaches to ever win a Super Bowl.

He had 9 years of Godgers in his prime and he completely wasted him. 

Horrible coach. I'd want either Rex Ryan or Dick Jauron back before McCarthy.

21 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

Nick O’ Leary as well got shipped to Miami would’ve helped out more.  But, you know McBeane; intellectually soft.  While, we kept Charles No Hands Clay we are a farm team just admit it.  

So I Googled Jeff Bingham.  You sure use the word 'intellectual' a lot for a guy who watches Rules of Engagement and reads Dilbert comic strips. This is all pointing towards you being a Pats fan trolling the Bills boards. 

Greatest satire thread ever?! 

Five pages in three hours! :worthy:

Look in the mirror all the people actually debating this.  The hell is wrong with you. You really crave the little red number in the top right with how many people agree with you so much that you would stoop yourselves to this level?! 

9 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So I Googled Jeff Bingham.  You sure use the word 'intellectual' a lot for a guy who watches Rules of Engagement and reads Dilbert comic strips. This is all pointing towards you being a Pats fan trolling the Bills boards. 

So, those who read Dilbert or watch Rules of Engagement are not allowed to read CS Lewis?  Or, Wurmbrand and Solzhenitsyn you want us to be knuckle dragging?  In a stereotypically biased view of others class; go on, just watching you prove how much pomp, circumstance, and or class and caste can kiss my arse.

5 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Look in the mirror all the people actually debating this.  The hell is wrong with you. You really crave the little red number in the top right with how many people agree with you so much that you would stoop yourselves to this level?! 

I’m watching them mock me as an immigrant, and how intellectually I should not be watching but Rules of Engagement.  I’m that old combination of German-Irish and my Pop is from Buffalo and we are all Bills fans in Maine.  Mum is from Mass and is as well so there you go.  

Edited by Joeziehmer

8 minutes ago, Joeziehmer said:

So, those who read Dilbert or watch Rules of Engagement are not allowed to read CS Lewis?  Or, Wurmbrand and Solzhenitsyn you want us to be knuckle dragging?  In a stereotypically biased view of others class; go on, just watching you prove how much pomp, circumstance, and or class and caste can kiss my arse.

I’m watching them mock me as an immigrant, and how intellectually I should not be watching but Rules of Engagement.  I’m that old combination of German-Irish and my Pop is from Buffalo and we are all Bills fans in Maine.  Mum is from Mass and is as well so there you go.  

Please, read whatever you'd like, as long as it keeps you away from this message board I consider us all winners. 

27 minutes ago, yrly said:

I wouldn’t take McCarthy but have zero faith in Clappy

If Jon Harbaugh came back I’d take him in a heart beat!  Or even if Mike Singletary came back from Memphis in the AAF to the NFL would bea great true defensive mind.  You think they would put up with a level of undisciplined play like this?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Instead of calling ownership intellectually deficient, take a look in the mirror. 

When did they pass on Cowher?  

...Cowher actually passed on Bflo.......the late RW actually threw "caution to the wind" and offered Cowher $10 mil/yr in the mid-2000's........Cowher was texting back and forth with Brandon....Cowhere's late wife wanted no part of living in Bflo.......besides, when the Carolina job opened up in Bill's back yard (big spread in North Carolina), he did not pursue it...the "booth" was warm 'n fuzzy....intellectually deficient ownership?.....once Pegula realized his gross mistake of hiring TrainWrecks, did he NOT eat MAJOR money to move beyond the gaffe?......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, fridge said:

I put those coaches on par with McDermott.  Aside from Hue Jackson, they've each had more success. If you can't tell, I'm really unimpressed with McDermott.

First playoff season in 17 years has you unimpressed?  I know he isn't perfect but jeez....

So according to various people on this board Tyrod gets no credit for the Bills playoffs last year and neither does McDermott.  Who gets credit for last year's 9-7 record and playoff berth?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, section122 said:

First playoff season in 17 years has you unimpressed?  I know he isn't perfect but jeez....

So according to various people on this board Tyrod gets no credit for the Bills playoffs last year and neither does McDermott.  Who gets credit for last year's 9-7 record and playoff berth?

Obviously Andy Dalton and the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Obviously Andy Dalton and the Bengals.

Well, Dalton's on IR and the Bills are pretty much out of the playoff picture. That can't be coincidence, can it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

...certainly an asinine comparison IMO....McCarthy had 13 years coaching experience in the NFL before landing Pack HC job in 2006 to 2018 or a total of 25 years.....McDermott's coaching career started in 2001, leading to his first HC job in 2017......so we're logically comparing a 16 year career with 2018 as his 2nd HC year to a guy who had 12 years as a HC with a future HOF QB alone?.....yup...sure as hell makes perfect sense............

• Haha (+1) 1