Dolphins 21 Bills 17 Postgame Thread

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He showed exactly what the knock on him comming out of college was. 

Generally that stuff is not fixable at this level, those kinds of off throws will likely plague his career. He could have set his feet, he didn't, game lost.

Kind of like how you plague this board. I have more hope in Allen setting his feet than I do of you ever making an intelligent contribution.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

You may want to try watching other games not involving the Bill's if you are really going to put the blame on Allen for that play. Almost no QB throws perfect passes, they throw passes that are catchable and competent NFL receivers make the moves need to catch the ball. The Ball was in a catchable position for an NFL player to make.

Bill who? I watch plenty of games and that wasn't the best throw with the game on the line and Allen knows it as anyone with eyes does to.  Catchable sure as already stipulated. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one is disputing that.  Repeat it again and again and again if you like. Still could have made it easy and at least Allen knows it as the ball flight showed. 

wow deep down you really hate the guy. he is playing good for a rookie with the talent he is surrounded with

14 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

He slapped his foot, which was sticking up in front of him.  Do you think he injured the guy?  

It's the precedent you can't do that. It was stupid he could of stepped one foot back and done his celebration and nothing would of happened. It's just a stupid penalty to make.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Because no QB or team leader in any sport has never taken blame for something to protect a teammate.

His attitude is going to build this team and bring free agents to Buffalo.  You are 100% correct.

• Like (+1) 1

Bill who? I watch plenty of games and that wasn't the best throw with the game on the line and Allen knows it as anyone with eyes does to.  Catchable sure as already stipulated. 

Yeah, I don't get it. I guess it's easier for fans to hate on Clay, as he's likely gone soon.

Just now, tcampbell104 said:

wow deep down you really hate the guy. he is playing good for a rookie with the talent he is surrounded with

Now comes the silliness.  He made some great plays in the game and some not so great.  That's a fair assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh man...

To quote an ex poster, follow the money.

I used to be a skeptic. Then i worked with a guy whose father did 15 fed, he was a lietenant with one of the families. This guy seriously grew uo without his father because he was in the families.

They have their hands in EVERYTHING. I worked with him for two years, he dished the goods. He would not even watch a game of ANY sport, even college, on TV because he knew they had their hands in the pot. He told me the big three, NFL, MLB, NBA, maybe not ALL the games were rigged, but some definitely were on a daily (MLB) and mostly weekly (NFL) basis. The games with big money, they knew how to get to the refs. In game comms were also fair game. They paid off ANYONE they had to to effect the outcome in their favor. Games like today make me think about our long conversations. I had the same bad ju ju after last years Patricheats game Christmas Eve. Remember the Kelvin Benjamin "non-catch?"

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Allen was running for his life and throwing across the field , that was a great throw under the circumstances and hit Clay in the hands , it should have been caught.

Right running around avoiding the sack like that putting the ball in range that's a good throw. Clay needed to catch that sure the team needed a TD but they needed a first down more.

• Like (+1) 1

Now comes the silliness.  He made some great plays in the game and some not so great.  That's a fair assessment. 

okay it could have been  thrown a little better but all qbs have some throws like that i wonder what you would have said if that was rosen

7 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Generally that stuff is not fixable at this level, those kinds of off throws will likely plague his career. He could have set his feet, he didn't, game lost.

Then Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady and Big  Ben should forget about Canton!

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't listen to me, here's what Allen had to say.  Stop being homers! :lol:

He said it because hes a leader.  That's what you want from your leaders.  Most reasonable thinking people understand that Clay should have made the catch, specially with the sort of escape of the pocket and throwing against his shoulder to the other side of the field.  This was not Allen's fault.  At all

okay it could have been  thrown a little better but all qbs have some throws like that i wonder what you would have said if that was rosen

Leave Rosen out of this. We're talking about this one throw Allen made and just this one throw.  I'm calling it as I see it and I'm sorry you and some others can't handle it.  :cry:

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The problem I see with Allen is due to his inconsistency, you will always get just enough bad plays preventing him from being what everyone here wants, a perrenial playoff franchise QB.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

He said it because hes a leader.  That's what you want from your leaders.  Most reasonable thinking people understand that Clay should have made the catch, specially with the sort of escape of the pocket and throwing against his shoulder to the other side of the field.  This was not Allen's fault.  At all

He said it because it's true. The ball flight says it all. 

you are such an expert im done with you

Sounds good to me!  :thumbsup:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, PeterDude said:

The problem I see with Allen is due to his inconsistency, you will always get just enough bad plays preventing him from being what everyone here wants, a perrenial playoff franchise QB.

Get him better personnel to play with.

14 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Go away

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I cannot wait to see the full replay of that last drop

I watched it live, and DVRd it a few times. Like I said in the game thread, Clay is probably surprised that the ball is a wobbly duck, and way underthrown. USUALLY, JA is rifling balls in, or even overthrowing with his strong arm....but not this time. I'm sure it took Clay by surprise, but I think he probably won't throw JA under the bus, and actually say that. AND once Clay realized it was a duck, he did run back to the ball to try and get it.

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ha first time all year I put WGR on after the game. The very first thing I hear is Schopp and the Bulldog talking about how Allen's last throw needed to be better. That will teach me to tune in ever again.

It was a near miracle that he got it close to Clay, but I bet Allen will say the same thing about the throw as the WGR guys. And that is exactly why he is going to be a good one. I'm all aboard the JA train.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

You're arguing with a bot. Bots can't think. They can only copy and paste.

• Like (+1) 1