Anonymous Poll: Would you support a Bills waiver claim for Kareem Hunt?

StHustle

Kareem Hunt in a Bills uni? Would you accept it?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support Kareem Hunt playing for the Bills next year? **PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU WATCHED THE TMZ VIDEO (Nobody will know how you vote SO BE HONEST!)

• No, I would not support such a thing.
    • Yes, I think he deserves a second chance and would love it to be here.

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did he need to come out of his room?  Was there no phone for calling security? Did he need to physically assault a female? 

See thats the problems people want to make excuses for these adults. Happens their entire life. So again it is OK to leave your room and physically assualt a female I guess. 

No, a problem would be you intentionally misrepresenting words when I continuously say he should face consequences....so CLEARLY I do not feel it’s ok.   

I do feel theres a secondary issue here that people are finally starting to address, and that is the actions of certain types of women who feel they can do/say whatever they want because society has protected them.   This usually involves men with something to lose and women, conversely, with nothing to lose. 

....and as hapless pointed out, investment advisors, “friends” etc..  Definitely not just limited to thirst traps. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Did he need to come out of his room?  Was there no phone for calling security? Did he need to physically assault a female? 

See thats the problems people want to make excuses for these adults. Happens their entire life. So again it is OK to leave your room and physically assualt a female I guess. 

No he didn't, yes there was, no he didn't.  And no it's not ok to physically assault a female (or a male guest, for that matter).

The point is, how do we learn these things aren't OK, or learn that the best route as a hotel guest is to stay in your room and call hotel security?  If Hunt is from a background where those solutions aren't part of his vocabulary, my point is that what he did is not so severe that he can't face some consequence and learn better ways.  I'm not excusing what he did, it's not OK, but it's not rape, murder, or violence with a lasting impact on the victim, either. 

I think that's the point that some folks on these threads are trying to articulate, and it's turning into a very polarized set of views where one either condemns Hunt unconditionally as irredeemable scum, or one is painted as condoning a woman-beater.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No he didn't, yes there was, no he didn't.  And no it's not ok to physically assault a female (or a male guest, for that matter).

The point is, how do we learn these things aren't OK, or learn that the best route as a hotel guest is to stay in your room and call hotel security?  If Hunt is from a background where those solutions aren't part of his vocabulary, my point is that what he did is not so severe that he can't face some consequence and learn better ways.  I'm not excusing what he did, it's not OK, but it's not rape, murder, or violence with a lasting impact on the victim, either. 

I think that's the point that some folks on these threads are trying to articulate, and it's turning into a very polarized set of views where one either condemns Hunt unconditionally as irredeemable scum, or one is painted as condoning a woman-beater.

I get what you are saying. But let me ask you does he learn at all when another team just immediately re-employs him. 

Just get tired of the excuses made for these adults because they can run fast. Chiefs did the right thing. And I would be disgusted with my team if they claimed him. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No, a problem would be you intentionally misrepresenting words when I continuously say he should face consequences....so CLEARLY I do not feel it’s ok.   

I do feel theres a secondary issue here that people are finally starting to address, and that is the actions of certain types of women who feel they can do/say whatever they want because society has protected them.   This usually involves men with something to lose and women, conversely, with nothing to lose. 

....and as hapless pointed out, investment advisors, “friends” etc..  Definitely not just limited to thirst traps. 

So essentially they are not smart enough to walk away I guess. Always have to be the Alpha Male 

The Bills have largely avoided criticism for keeping Shady after all the allegations he has had ... mainly due to lack of evidence but there was the video with him fighting the off duty cops. But lots of accusations thrown out a lot him over the years about women, kid, dog abuse... just saying, they’ve stood by him and wouldn’t expect them to pick up another guy with actual evidence of this 

the biggest barrier to Hunt getting a second chance is that running back is still a less valuable position. 

Would yoy you rather have a guy who is going to alienate members of the fanbase, or a Nick Chubb in the second round? 

Good QB’s rarely get into off-field trouble, but if they did there would be more openness to giving them another shot- it’s a business issue- risk v. reward. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

the biggest barrier to Hunt getting a second chance is that running back is still a less valuable position. 

Would yoy you rather have a guy who is going to alienate members of the fanbase, or a Nick Chubb in the second round? 

Good QB’s rarely get into off-field trouble, but if they did there would be more openness to giving them another shot- it’s a business issue- risk v. reward. 

Yep I was thinking what they would do if that were Mahomes.... no way would they release him imo

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yep I was thinking what they would do if that were Mahomes.... no way would they release him imo

Seems unlikely. Which, I’m sure some people would say that isn’t fair, but it really is a business first.

I can justify keeping a headache if he makes me money/suceeds. I have less patience for less valuable assets. Reminds me of the Kap situation. 

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Mods, please allow this to stand as it's own thread.

It's a known fact many teams would steer clear from signing a guy in Hunt's situation due to the public backlash.

I am HIGHLY interested, and Im sure others are too, how Bills fans would receive such a move. I can't get this data from the other thread. 

Hunt will likely receive 6 or more games. THIS WAS NOT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and doesnt fall under the 6 game mandatory suspension policy however with the video being out there I can't see them doing anything less. With that said I fully expect Hunt to be on the field some time next year. A team who wins a waiver wire claim would have his rights.

Personally, after watching the video and going off other things Ive heard, I dont think what has happened makes this guy a scum bag. What he did was wrong but I believe many are extremely overreacting when it comes to judging this guys entire existence. There are many aspects to this story that would cause almost anybody who has been drinking to become enraged. He clearly showed restraint and didnt even injure the woman at all.

With that said I would 100% support claiming this guy. Wouldn't be mad at all and in fact would be THRILLED if we won the claim. I doubt we would win though as I feel confident the Raiders will claim him.

Couldn't see the Raiders claiming Hunt with Gruden in charge.

He barely spoke to Khalil Mack and was willing to part ways with an All-Pro with no character issues...and then there was the distraction in Marques King, who we also know he didn't care for.

Hard no.

What is wrong with you people? He started a fight with a woman, threw her to the ground, then kicked her when she was down. It's on video for all to see (not alleged, but proven). Does it matter at this point how good he is at football? 

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I would feel more comfortable because that would be him at least taking some responsibility for his actions and working to resolve whatever problems he has that lead him to this point. I'd prefer that to him just ending up on the team like he didn't do anything wrong.

BS The program does not change the person. He has to want to change and if you think by him attending some program will help him because it was mandated to him to attend then your highly mistaken. 

His recent actions dictate he is not ready to make that change for himself. no.

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No, you can find very good serviceable RBs from the 2nd-6th rounds. 

Like Jonathan Williams and Karlos Williams. Two of the longest tenured serviceable Bills backs in history.

21 minutes ago, skibum said:

Hard no.

What is wrong with you people? He started a fight with a woman, threw her to the ground, then kicked her when she was down. It's on video for all to see (not alleged, but proven). Does it matter at this point how good he is at football? 

You would watch either way.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Some time ago, i passed the point of caring what players do off the field.  Especially the nfl.  Im sure i have breaking points, but this isnt it.  If they are on the bills, just concerned about avoiding jail time and suspension(s).  

These are young men, prime physical specimens for our species, often taken out of tough upbringings, walked through "college" where they are kings, then given unimaginable amounts of money.  Very attractive to women, and have grown accustomed to getting what they want.  All in a world where everyone has a supercomputer in their pocket with an hd camera connected to social media and lawyers circling above.

To me, from what is seen in the video, its 95% show by Hunt, being young and very reckless.  Made a very bad choice.  He deserves another chance imo (also a suspension).  He says sorry, does some appearances, and is on watch by the nfl (who advises him to employ a handler).

I found you cant be moral police and an nfl fan without painting yourself into a corner.  There are bad guys that appear on every team, and the nfl's first instinct is to hide things.  

It is also probably worse punishment to play in the games snd get your bell rung a bunch of times

With that said, i dont see kim pegula signing off on this

I disagree.

What would have happened if there were no witnesses?

What would have happened if there weren't two men and a woman holding him back throughout his attempt to attack the woman?

Hunt was completely out of control, and only stopped from doing major physical harm by the fact that his entourage did what they could to prevent the attack. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

This ^