Postgame thread: Bills 24 Jags 21

BuffAlone

Leonard Fournette, Shaq Lawson Ejected for Fighting

A fight in Buffalo has resulted in the ejection of two players during the Bills24-21 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette and Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson were tossed from the game following a skirmish that broke out after a contested catch made by Donte Moncrief near the goal line resulted in a tie for possession.

As Moncrief's teammate attempted to free him from the tie, shoves were traded before the full fracas broke out. At one point, Fournette could be seen without a helmet during the conflict. Lawson later had to be restrained in the tunnel while exiting the game mere feet from Fournette.

Thoughts on the game

1. Kyle still has a lot left in the tank
  2. Shaq will get fined for the extra curricular near the locker rooms
  3. Bortles sucks and they need to draft a QB next year
  4. Marrone might be fired
  5. Jerry Hughes is a Pro Bowl player
  6. The McBeane draft picks have done great
  7. KB still sucks.  I'm done with that guy.  One target?  The he almost fumbles and gets a freebie from the refs.  Gone.
  8. I wish Shady would just run straight when there is nothing there.  
  9. There were a ton of penalties but most were 100% legitimate.
  10. Awesome defensive stand after the brawl.  That kind of effort can change a season around.  
  11. Allen did average.  I hope he does not dislocate a knee the next time he does not slide.  

Irv has spoken

Edited by Irv

I forever ragged on Ryan for not having a disciplined team; one that constantly drew ridiculous penalties.  Mac is seriously raising questions in the same regard.  He claims he cares and says it needs to stop; but it hasn't.  Talent aside, disciplined teams more regularly win football games.  I'd like to think today was simply of factor of a group of referees wanting to throw something more than the quarterbacks, but we need to do better. 

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I forever ragged on Ryan for not having a disciplined team; one that constantly drew ridiculous penalties.  Mac is seriously raising questions in the same regard.  He claims he cares and says it needs to stop; but it hasn't.  Talent aside, disciplined teams more regularly win football games.  I'd like to think today was simply of factor of a group of referees wanting to throw something more than the quarterbacks, but we need to do better. 

Most of those penalties were legitimate

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Allen leaves a lot to be desired in just conventional drop back passing but my god, the kid has the heart of a lion and the fearlessness of Fitz. There’s no question Allen has that “it factor” that can’t be measured. If he can harvest that energy and become a decent passer, the sky is the limit. The team just flat out responds to Allen and the physical ability is there. Today is a great win and I’m glad it came against Ramsey. The Jaguars went from a fun little team that you almost felt bad for, to a team of dirtbag arrogant scumbags. I’m so happy the Bills won today. We have a season for 1 more week. Go get Miami.

absolutely! this is dead nuts, right on how i feel about Allen. jags seemed to lack class. loved seeing marrone look dejected. these refs were definitely testing my sanity.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But that's the point.  We clearly need to do better.

The holding calls on 3rd and long were both bogus.  Edmunds barely touched the guy, the QB was under severe pressure and threw downfield in a totally different direction.  The one later was so minor it shouldn't have been called, and the QB was never in position to even look for a receiver.  

• Like (+1) 7

52 minutes ago, billspro said:

Well you won’t see a better game between two 3 win teams. Very physical and a better game than the playoff game last year.

Well, I guess if you overlook all the penalties, poor defensive play, dropped balls, and incompetent officiating, yeah, it was a great game! ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good stuff. It's important he notes some of the plays Allen made that didn't count as you can still evaluate off of that (the 2 consecutive 3rd down conversions Allen had passing the ball that were called back).

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That grin when they're asking him about the fight, made me forgive a lot of this season. I loved that reaction from the coach, fans, and team. That's a culture change I can get behind. 

(not being dirty or fighting, but defending one another when cheap shots are taken)

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Victory formation losses cost him his 100 yard rushing game.

I've always thought that shouldn't be counted as a negative stat. It makes no sense to penalize a guy for winning (essentially). 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

But that's the point.  We clearly need to do better.

Agree.  Most of the flags were spot on.  I thought the refs did great.  Teams made too many penalties.  

Edited by Irv

15 minutes ago, chaccof said:

Was it Dennis Shaw that held those two records (in 1970)?  I recall he had a good arm, don't recall him being a particularly nimble runner. 

My memories of Dennis Shaw are turtling in the face of pass rushers bearing down on him

30 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Just checked the box score. Attendance was only about 58,000 people; what's up with that?!

Many season ticket holders dumped their remaining Tix, holiday weekend , etc. Would have been a tough sell with a winning record. Bottom line : lots of tix are purchased with the intent of selling on the secondary market. If the team is out of it, those don’t sell and  they go unused.

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I wonder what Ramsey said to Allen as he patted his helmet after the game? Josh looked like he was surprised, and lit up to reply. I wonder what was said?

"I guess you Ain't Trash?"

Ramsey is like a fighter who talks a bunch of trash to get himself motivated and to get into the other players head.