Is this a playoff team with Tyrod?

Mikie2times

5 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The real question is if Tyrod makes us to the playoffs this year per the OP, to which you said yes right?

Outside the OP I guess I agree but I just want young players learning how to win.. Tyrod doesn't prevent Edmunds: we wasted a 3rd on KB.. trading Tyrod for a 3rd and spending a 3rd on KB. It's a wash. We could have Tyrod and no KB and everything else the same. We had a crapload of 3rd rounders haha, a 3rd wasn't going to stop us from getting Edmunds and Allen. Tossing one at KB was a bad idea. Not a fan of the 3rd we used in the draft just yet either.

Thats not true though, what you just said is categorically wrong.  Why do fans do this?  KB trade happened DURING THE SEASON.  On draft night, that pick was gone, long gone.  So what you just said is factually wrong and irrelevant about how its a wash.  

Tyrod trade happened after the season finished and that EXACT pick was used in the trade for Edmunds.  So sorry, Edmunds is DIRECTLY here because of the Tyrod trade.  Could we maybe have given up future picks to still move up and get Edmunds, possibly, but we dont know if Beane would have been willing to do that or if the Ravens were willing to take that.  And we are certainly better off keeping our future picks over a 1 year QB who isnt the future.  

What we do know is that Tyrod Taylor trade directly resulted into Edmunds.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats not true though, what you just said is categorically wrong.  Why do fans do this?  KB trade happened DURING THE SEASON.  On draft night, that pick was gone, long gone.  So what you just said is factually wrong and irrelevant about how its a wash.  

Tyrod trade happened after the season finished and that EXACT pick was used in the trade for Edmunds.  So sorry, Edmunds is DIRECTLY here because of the Tyrod trade.  Could we maybe have given up future picks to still move up and get Edmunds, possibly, but we dont know if Beane would have been willing to do that or if the Ravens were willing to take that.  And we are certainly better off keeping our future picks over a 1 year QB who isnt the future.  

What we do know is that Tyrod Taylor trade directly resulted into Edmunds.  

Lol I"m aware we didn't make every trade instantaneously. Beane had like 5 different 3rd round picks for that draft at various points some of them don't get tossed around in a draft salad and it's not hard to find a point in the year where we had a 3rd to trade without Tyrod. Like getting KB when we wouldn't pay Watkins both dudes drafted in the same year.. what were we purposefully looking for a cheaper crappier receiver. This thing''s a hypothetical. We could have Tyrod and the 2 firsts no KB and basically have Tyrod for a year. Or no Phillips. Either scenario wouldn't change the team much BECAUSE THEY'RE THIRDS AND NOT WORTH THAT MUCH. THAT'S WHY TYROD AND BENJAMIN ARE THE GOING RATE. They're not hard to get... As Beane proved lol. It's not like he didn't plan to make all those moves in a sequence you know when he is giving up at 3rd for KB he'd want another one back

1sts are super valuable.. we had 2.. that was like 90% of the Edmunds coup. Tyrod's return just greased the deal.

For most of the draft swap salad it was very possible that we ended up with Tyrod, Edmunds, and Allen. In a parallel universe he's Quarterbacking virtually the exact same talent on offense and going 7-9 as we call for his head as he sucks and we don't make playoffs. My answer to the thread lol

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...despite being a likeable guy, one of supreme work ethic effort and a consummate teammate, I think this kid's ship has sailed, unfortunately, as far as living his lifelong dream as a starting NFL QB....or even a proven back up......he is not the first to fail in making it......and NOT the last.........

Wait... did you just say Taylor can't even be a proven backup?

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wait... did you just say Taylor can't even be a proven backup?

I think he's been a backup most of his career lol he  literally is a proven backup no matter what happens going forward. Been in the league like 9 years.

That's like saying Matt Moore isn't a backup.

We always gotta speak so damn unequivocally like there's no granular degree of talent. You either shouldn't be on a roster or you're an all-pro. There's 53 spots to fill!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lol I"m aware we didn't make every trade instantaneously. Beane had like 5 different 3rd round picks for that draft at various points some of them don't get tossed around in a draft salad and it's not hard to find a point in the year where we had a 3rd to trade without Tyrod. Like getting KB when we wouldn't pay Watkins both dudes drafted in the same year.. what were we purposefully looking for a cheaper crappier receiver. This thing''s a hypothetical. We could have Tyrod and the 2 firsts no KB and basically have Tyrod for a year. Or no Phillips. Either scenario wouldn't change the team much BECAUSE THEY'RE THIRDS AND NOT WORTH THAT MUCH. THAT'S WHY TYROD AND BENJAMIN ARE THE GOING RATE. They're not hard to get... As Beane proved lol. It's not like he didn't plan to make all those moves in a sequence you know when he is giving up at 3rd for KB he'd want another one back

1sts are super valuable.. we had 2.. that was like 90% of the Edmunds coup. Tyrod's return just greased the deal.

Lol, man this post is so illogical I dont even know where to begin.  Pretty much nothing said is factual either.  

1. We never had 5 different 3rd round picks.  
  2. We traded Sammy so we wouldn't lose him for nothing as they already knew he was going to leave. 
  3. They added KB because McD surprised and had us in the thick of playoff contention late in the season...and with a team MOST, and I will bet you were one of those yourself, thought would have a losing season.  So he looked to make a move to get us some help to make the playoffs.  And guess what IT WORKED as KB despite having unfortunate injuries when getting here, made plays that got us the win in the snow game including our only TD...and without that OT win, we DONT make the playoffs.  
  4. And thirds are not worth anything?  OMG, could you be any dumber with that statement.  Joe Montana called and laughed at you.  Not to mention, it was the first pick in the 3rd round and it matter enough to Baltimore to trade us #16 in the draft so we could draft Edmunds.

Honestly, your last post was one of the worst posts I have read lately

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, man this post is so illogical I dont even know where to begin.  Pretty much nothing said is factual either.  

1. We never had 5 different 3rd round picks.  
  2. We traded Sammy so we wouldn't lose him for nothing as they already knew he was going to leave. 
  3. They added KB because McD surprised and had us in the thick of playoff contention late in the season...and with a team MOST, and I will bet you were one of those yourself, thought would have a losing season.  So he looked to make a move to get us some help to make the playoffs.  And guess what IT WORKED as KB despite having unfortunate injuries when getting here, made plays that got us the win in the snow game including our only TD...and without that OT win, we DONT make the playoffs.  
  4. And thirds are not worth anything?  OMG, could you be any dumber with that statement.  Joe Montana called and laughed at you.  Not to mention, it was the first pick in the 3rd round and it matter enough to Baltimore to trade us #16 in the draft so we could draft Edmunds.

Thanks man. 3rds are worth a ton I guess that's why KB or Tyrod are worth a sure bet at getting Montana. Hell 6ths are better cause they always get Brady AND I'M NOT FACT CHECKING MINOR DETAILS damn. If I said Brady was a 4th you'd just jump on that like it makes the point any different.

I'm sorry I guess we had 4, or 3 who cares we HAD A LOT of 3s. I I'm not going to pff for a Tyrod hypothetical. CAUSE IT'S A HYPOTHETICAL.

I'm arguing about timing and number of draft picks like a nerd. C'mon Alphadog this ain't the OP. Just acknowledge it was possible to have the 3 together. Tell me it was remotely possible lmao.

Are 2 3rds better than 1 2nd? Are 9 7ths better than 2 1sts? Discuss: with every player ever selected in those rounds lol. Have fun pondering that and arguing about it endlessly

The team would certainly be better with Tyrod but not that much better. Lets assume they have the same roster with Tyrod (I don't think they get Edumonds but for sake of argument)I think they win the Texans game with Tyrod and they certainly are more competitive in games but I don't see another game they win with Tyrod, that's puts them at 4-6 instead of 3-7. At 4-6 the team facing a soft back 6 games could possibly get to 9-7 by finishing 5-1 and 9-7 might be enough to get the 6th seed. 

That being said with or without Tyrod I don't see the team going 9-7. Once again I don't doubt Tyrod makes this team better but only marginally better and this team will likely finish with 5-7 wins without Tyrod and they probably only get one more win with Tyrod and they are far more than 1 game out of a playoff spot by the time the season ends.

16 hours ago, macaroni said:

Houston scored 20 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 21? (IMHO maybe)

Chicago scored 41 points … do you think a Taylor led team scores 42? (IMHO no freaking way)

I do agree with our brutal schedule to start the season, and the depleted talent of our O-line, WRs, and TEs we couldn't hope for a much better record no matter who our QB was. 

Houston scored 10 points in  a span of 2 minutes deep in the 4th quarter...the game was 10-6 at that time.

Chicago scored 28 points again in a space of 6-7 minutes when the offense/ST self destructed.    At the beginning of the 2nd quarter we were tied 0-0 before ST flipped the field.

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

No.

Tyrod is not here. 

We will not be in the playoffs. 

So, double no? 

Yep... I knew this thread was going to suck. We don't do well with hypotheticals about the past. We're not exactly the type for sober reflection of the past Bills lol.

Everybody's got a very strong option the drought would have broken any season "if XYZ happened'

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yep... I knew this thread was going to suck. We don't do well with hypotheticals about the past. We're not exactly the type for sober reflection of the past Bills lol.

Everybody's got a very strong option the drought would have broken any season "if XYZ happened'

Yep, that....and a poorly worded question. Read it again. It was not hypothetical, but literal. That’s why I answered the way I did. I think I know what was assumed.....

Sometimes I can’t help myself with that stuff. One of my many faults! 

We are at 22 turnovers on offense this year in 10 games. We had 16 all season in 2017. We are trending toward 1 takeaway less than last season. The entire reason we made the playoffs last year was taking advantage of teams similar to this years Bills squad. We would end up +3 and with a guy who never turns it over and we won. Edge in the turnover battle and elite defense will get you ahead of most of the teams trying to break in a pretender/not ready franchise QB. Our offense would have sucked. It would have been one and done if it happened.    

Edited by KzooMike

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, that....and a poorly worded question. Read it again. It was not hypothetical, but literal. That’s why I answered the way I did. I think I know what was assumed.....

Sometimes I can’t help myself with that stuff. One of my many faults! 

Didn't even read it lol. Answered the thread title only. Because I likely knew the following paragraph would just elaborate a simple question

59 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Sorry Tyrod didnt mean to insult you. You arent a good QB, never were never will be.

You are mentally ill. 

29 minutes ago, Augie said:

No.

Tyrod is not here. 

We will not be in the playoffs. 

So, double no? 

We were with him. Too bad you can’t get your personal hatered out of the way to have a clear opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

We are at 22 turnovers on offense this year in 10 games. We had 16 all season in 2017. We are trending toward 1 takeaway less than last season. The entire reason we made the playoffs last year was taking advantage of teams similar to this years Bills squad. We would end up +3 and with a guy who never turns it over and we won. That brand and elite defense will get you ahead of most of the teams trying to break in a pretender franchise QB. Our offense would have sucked. It would have been one and done if it happened.   

I respect the premise of the thread, but we need a real QB, and there are growing pains when it comes to finding and developing one. It is NOT about this season, it’s about finding the guy to play the most important position in professional sports. The middle of the field counts too. Gotta find the open guys there. Did we get the right guy? I can only hope so..... with some real reservations, but high hopes. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I respect the premise of the thread, but we need a real QB, and there are growing pains when it comes to finding and developing one. It is NOT about this season, it’s about finding the guy to play the most important position in professional sports. The middle of the field counts too. Gotta find the open guys there. Did we get the right guy? I can only hope so..... with some real reservations, but high hopes. 

Just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. 

21 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You are mentally ill. 

We were with him. Too bad you can’t get your personal hatered out of the way to have a clear opinion. 

How cute!

And personal. 

Thanks for telling me how I feel, without having a clue as to how I feel. I don’t hate anybody! I’ve NEVER hated Tyrod, I just recognized him for what he was - a limited NFL QB. Not top third, but borderline bottom third IMO. But I loved him as a man and player on our team. 

I also don’t hate you, but I do feel a little time out (or at least the threat of some) might be helpful. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How cute!

And personal. 

Thanks for telling me how I feel, without having a clue as to how I feel. I don’t hate anybody! I’ve NEVER hated Tyrod, I just recognized him for what he was - a limited NFL QB. Not top third, but borderline bottom third IMO. But I loved him as a man and player on our team. 

I also don’t hate you, but I do feel a little time out (or at least the threat of some) might be helpful. 

Me?  What are you talking about?  I could care less about your opinion of me. Your hatered is for tyrod. Jesus am I talking to a rock?  

Edited by nedboy7

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

If you think I could be embarrassed in front of you, you are confused about reality. I’ll check out for a while like an adult. Are you capable of that? Chill, little fella. 

And the word is hatred. At least get that right, since you keep using it. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you think I could be embarrassed in front of you, you are confused about reality. I’ll check out for a while like an adult. Are you capable of that? Chill, little fella. 

And the word is hatred. At least get that right, since you keep using it. 

Get lost. Go shove some needles into your tyrod doll. Seriously. Get. Lost.

Edited by nedboy7

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

I thought you were checking out. What happened?

I didn’t quote him, just checking for other kids in the room. Do you really feel this is a productive use of your time? I’ll come and go as I please, as long as I’m civil and given that privilege, which is what it is. I haven't called anyone else mentally ill. In fact, I’ve been personally supportive. 

54 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

52 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Me?  What are you talking about?  I could care less about your opinion of me. Your hatered is for tyrod. Jesus am I talking to a rock?  

45 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Get lost. Go shove some needles into your tyrod doll. Seriously. Get. Lost.

Talk about embarrassing ☝???

You’re melting down faster than Tyrod did in Cleveland ???

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couldn't help it Alpha. I was literally trying to steer you back to the hypothetical and you found it categorically, and factually illogical. And it is! Because Tyrod ISN'T on the team.

But I tried very hard to bring you to grasp the alternate dimension where Tyrod is starting. And I failed you.

18 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I'ma steer ya'lls vitriol to the sillier of arguments in this thread ^

How long does bye week last? Do we play on Sunday?

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’m guessing Friday night Happy Hour. Just my best guess.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That was intense. But at least Ned's got the right idea on Friday night.

Everyone deserves a fun (if SAFE) end of the week. All good there!  But you really need to handle it wearing your Big Boy pants. But in the end, we are all Bills fans. We are on the same team. Never get personal. 

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Couldn't help it Alpha. I was literally trying to steer you back to the hypothetical and you found it categorically, and factually illogical. And it is! Because Tyrod ISN'T on the team.

But I tried very hard to bring you to grasp the alternate dimension where Tyrod is starting. And I failed you.

My issue with your post and why I said it was one of the worst I read was your assessment of the value of a 3rd round pick.  That was just a ridiculous thing to say.

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My issue with your post and why I said it was one of the worst I read was your assessment of the value of a 3rd round pick.  That was just a ridiculous thing to say.

I was saying 3rd = Tyrod = Kelvin I don't see much difficulty getting them lol. Not that it matters but I honestly can't remember the last time we nailed a 3rd. FACT CHECK: our best 3rds in the last 20 years are Preston Brown or Goodwin.. guys we never kept. But we suck at drafting.

That was like.. a throwaway point saying it was used to grease up a few spots. No I'm not ****ing looking it up but we traded up what like 6 spots to get Edmunds? And that cost us a 3rd? Was that 3rd that valuable compared to the 1st we packaged so the team could move down and get something out of of that. It greased the deal. It wasn't Joe Montana I bet.

21 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Allen will get as long as Beane and McDermott are employed at OBD, as I assume their fates are tied to one another. 

The only thing I'll add is that guys like Allen, who need considerable development before they're ready to contribute, hardly ever work out in the NFL.

I mean, when was the last time a successful 1st round NFL QB took more than a year to show they were really good? Most guys show they can play pretty much as soon as they get on the field. 

The only real exception I can think of is Jared Goff who was as bad as Allen his rookie year who went on to be really good. 

I think one can make a rational case why Allen might be an exception. I am aware you are not keen on those arguments which would allude to his unusual path and general lack of good coaching prior to entering the pros. While I am considerably more hopeful than you, I do agree with your initial assertion.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think one can make a rational case why Allen might be an exception. I am aware you are not keen on those arguments which would allude to his unusual path and general lack of good coaching prior to entering the pros. While I am considerably more hopeful than you, I do agree with your initial assertion.

Allen is 2-2 in games he started and finished.  The team played so awful around him, it is not clear to me we are anywhere close to the "within a year" to decide how long he needs to develop. 

• Like (+1) 1