Terrelle Pryor - cut

Reed83HOF

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. I am tempted to say that it was too soon to move on from him. Gotta give these guys a chance to learn the playbook and assimilate with the team. But we don't know all the details.

But hey.......Kelvin Benjamin is still on the roster.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The NFL, in league with the NFLPA, should award the Bills a compensatory pick for keeping him at that salary.

I actually think this this is part of the reason he has not been cut.  He is on his guaranteed 5th year option - cutting him saves no money - unlike Pryor who only gets paid for the weeks of service.

There is always the comp pick angle, but we all know we will be signing more than we will lose - so I think it is salary more than picks.  

If if there was money to be saved - KB would be gone - we know they were shopping him to try and get something.  Without the savings - it just adds to their dead space and the difference between him and Pryor is negligible.

Now it would be interesting if someone they really wants comes available- do they cut bait and use up more roll-over money from next year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Looked like he gave no effort out there. Open roster spot?

I got a good look at him in the Bears game. Jogged through almost every route and flipper handed an INT right to the Bears. 

Last weekend was a tryout for a bunch of WRs. Pryor didn't do dick. He's probably better than KB but in KB, there's the possibility of a pick if we keep him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RosenNOTchosen1 said:

Kinda ridiculous to cut him after only 2 weeks.

I have to assume that attitude, work ethic and/or other behind the scenes things played a factor in his very short stay. Otherwise, 2 weeks with 2 different QBs (one of which isn't even in the league anymore), isn't really much of a look.

8 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Look who was throwing to him, the backup QB in Cleveland and some guy we just cut. To me Thompson an upgrade to Ray Ray in the passing game and maybe even better than KB.

Thompson's critical drops of well-thrown balls was a big reason we lost that playoff game.  Hard pass.

11 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. I am tempted to say that it was too soon to move on from him. Gotta give these guys a chance to learn the playbook and assimilate with the team. But we don't know all the details.

McKenzie And Foster happened !!! That kid McKenzie looks super dangerous with the ball in his hand , apparently he's only 5'7 but that boy looks like he can turn into a big time playmaker..

Foster looks like he has worked extremely hard since he got demoted back to the practice squad and looks much improved. They obviously liked him as a legit deep threat since September, but he was out of position on his routes , lacked awareness and anticipation. Looks much improved in all those areas. He missed like 3-4 bombs from Allen earlier in the year because of his poor execution but like I said, he looks like he worked hard and much improved. 

Their potential is much higher than Pryors

Must not have trusted the process.

12 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Based on his first two games as a Bill and the fact that the Bills had 7 WRs on their roster, I can't say I'm that surprised.

but I was told here we didn't have any receivers !!!

12 hours ago, wppete said:

They should cut Kelvin Benjamin while they are at it.

Bet my paycheck , O'Leary would have been more productive.

• Like (+1) 1