I have a mouse

Kirby Jackson

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s what my buddy Tim suggested. He was like “let’s see if that game works.”

Did anyone actually roll dice and play this like a game?

or just build it and change it with razor blades and glue

Poison is great if you want to smell dead, rotting, mouse in your house for weeks if not months. The mouse eats the poison, gets into the wall, and dies. Then rots. 

Just get a regular trap. The glue traps are brutal to watch if you have any emptathy for animals. 

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Here’s a YouTuber you may want to follow.  He has a variety of different videos with different types of traps.

https://www.youtube.com/user/historichunter

Another thing to consider is peppermint oil.  Apparently mice and other critters hate the smell of peppermint.

That youtuber is great.

I get mice in my garage on a regular basis, especially now with winter coming.

For that area, I have found nothing beats a bucket trap.

If the mouse is in the house, spend some time looking for how they got in, and closing it off.

Otherwise, you could end up getting more.

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate rodents. I’ve set traps everywhere. Anyone have any recommendations on the best kind of traps or what I should do?

I don't use the poison unless you have a bad infestation. They could get inside your walls after dying therefore stinking up your whole house for weeks. I use the heavy duty glue traps and put a piece of dog food right in the middle. Have caught 2 on the same trap going for the dog food.

We had flying squirrels in the attic. I wish I was kidding. They weren’t that hard (for professionals) to catch, but it was never $2k to put mesh all around the vent to KEEP them out. That was not the most fun I’ve ever had with a couple grand. 

Edited by Augie

6 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You must have been bummed when your friend Jeffrey got whacked in prison.

Anyway, my advice to the OP is slice open some silica gel packets from shoe boxes.  They say do not eat on them but that is a government ruse.  I fed them to my hamster Sammy and now he can talk.  In fact, he never stops talking.  If you have a mouse you have a bunch.  If they all start talking you can locate them all and have a meeting.  Threaten them with a cat and tell them to move to your neighbor's house.

I don’t even have the slightest clue what you are talking about 

15 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

x2 on poison. And bait the snap traps with peanut butter twice daily.

I must have a small opening to the basement somewhere because every 4 months or so one ends up in a trap I leave set. I use the tomcat trap as pictured in another reply. Don't see the need to rebait the trap though, even after a few months the little varmints still go for it

18 minutes ago, Steve O said:

I must have a small opening to the basement somewhere because every 4 months or so one ends up in a trap I leave set. I use the tomcat trap as pictured in another reply. Don't see the need to rebait the trap though, even after a few months the little varmints still go for it

You aren't suppose to bait traps.  Just leave them along the walls where they run.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Still no mouse for me but the traps haven’t moved. I’m thinking that he may have taken the poison. 

Hope he’s not in your walls. No, PRAY he’s not in your walls!  

But if you find you miss the little guy, PM me your address and I’ll have Petsmart get you another asap.