Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Which is a perfectly reasonable observation, until you realize that it requires striking out for Merced at the exact matching pace, and no one needs to get to Merced either.

But that requires more foresight than I'd grant most Californians.  Because, y'know, look at how much foresight they showed with this bullet train.

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But that requires more foresight than I'd grant most Californians.  Because, y'know, look at how much foresight they showed with this bullet train.

You're talking about elected officials who wiped out most of the farming in the central CA region to protect a minnow. CA goes where today's money takes its leaders. When tree huggers have the cash, the farmers get the boot.

Edited by LABillzFan

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

You're talking about elected officials who wiped out most of the farming in the central CA region to protect a minnow. CA goes where today's money takes its leaders. When tree huggers have the cash, the farmers get the boot.

get rid of all the farms and then point fingers when the famine ensues

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Welcome to the real world and how Congress really works.

Whenever I see something like this from her All I can think of is "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

I"m thinking of Piggy from Lord of the Flies, except on the evil side.

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Whenever I see something like this from her All I can think of is "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

All I can think of is "Mr. Smith's Mop Goes To Washington," though head to head on Jeopardy, I think the mop takes AOC.

51 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

thing is... Joe and Betty Six-Pack don't know this kind of ***** goes on either.

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Where the hell was spell check on that one???

It's an old movie and a character from a movie which inspired a limited production Mustang. Shot in of all places San Francisco.  I'm happy to say that I very recently placed an order for a 2019 Mustang Bullitt with 480 wolf in sheep's clothing noise making gas guzzling horsepower.   Will have it in a month. AOC and her ilk inspired me to do it and she'll have to cut my dead hand off the shift knob.  Ain't no mid-life crisis. 

Movie info

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062765/videoplayer/vi1622933785?ref_=tt_ov_vi

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Air travel?  Can't you reach everywhere in her district via the NYC subway??   :huh:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  Understood.  I should have edited the quote.  My post was more in reply to the "wall being needed."

Free trade should have open borders (movement of labor).

That exists. Legally. It’s called the visa program. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

That exist. Legally. It’s called the visa program. 

That's failing too.  My 94 year old widowed Serbian neighbor had an aid from Serbia come help her, live with her, etc...  She was in this country via the Serbian Orthodox Church.  She wanted to stay and continue to aid the widow, but had to leave on 2/3... The US wouldn't extend her visa.

Even when things are working, the Feds find a way to ***** it up.

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's failing too.  My 94 year old widowed Serbian neighbor had an aid from Serbia come help her, live with her, etc...  She was in this country via the Serbian Orthodox Church.  She wanted to stay and continue to aid the widow, but had to leave on 2/3... The US wouldn't extend her visa.

Even when things are working, the Feds find a way to ***** it up.

You have a problem with rules?  I bet the Serbian Orthodox Church has dozens of others that would gladly fill in. 

When you apply for a work visa you have to document that you offer a skill or trade that cannot he filled by a US citizen or that we lack sufficient numbers to fill these positions (heavily abused by Indian consulting firms, but that’s another discussion.) Every other developed country on the planet (and most that aren’t...try doing any contracted work in Canada) have the same rules. As noble as her caregiving is and I believe most folks would have no issue with an extended stay, you can’t work on an exception based system.

Edited by Kevbeau
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

None yet. 

Yeah... The rules suck.  32 year old pharmacist... So, she did have a profession, education... Was living in peace, not bothering anybody.

Well sometimes life sucks. Maybe your neighbor can look for assistance from one of the many local options she has access to where her caregiver is a citizen who is in no danger of deportation. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It's an old movie and a character from a movie which inspired a limited production Mustang. Shot in of all places San Francisco.  I'm happy to say that I very recently placed an order for a 2019 Mustang Bullitt with 480 wolf in sheep's clothing noise making gas guzzling horsepower.   Will have it in a month. AOC and her ilk inspired me to do it and she'll have to cut my dead hand off the shift knob.  Ain't no mid-life crisis. 

Movie info

Congratulations! Looks like a fun car and a good bang for the buck ride. I love the fact it's not available with auto transmission. 

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Movie info

Very inspiring! I have to turn in my pick up in a month off lease. The one I have is NOT a 4WD and only a twin turbo V6. I just may go for the V8 and 4WD for the same reasons!

16 minutes ago, Dante said:

Very inspiring! I have to turn in my pick up in a month off lease. The one I have is NOT a 4WD and only a twin turbo V6. I just may go for the V8 and 4WD for the same reasons!

Drive all the variations and see what you like.  If the V8 runs on 87 octane fuel that's a plus as I think the turbos require or recommend premium.  Tell them AOC sent you!

• Like (+1) 1

The LPGA has a rule that bans for one year any non-tour member who can’t break 88 on a sanctioned event

she has already put up 10 well beyond 88s and counting

in the political field

Edited by row_33

16 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

None yet. 

Yeah... The rules suck.  32 year old pharmacist... So, she did have a profession, education... Was living in peace, not bothering anybody.

What kind of visa?  Why was she in the country to start with?

Just now, DC Tom said:

My guess is the temporary worker visa that's popular with East Europeans (the ones who work in Mar Lago & other Fla hotels during peak seasons)

34 minutes ago, GG said:

My guess is the temporary worker visa that's popular with East Europeans (the ones who work in Mar Lago & other Fla hotels during peak seasons)

From what EII said, I'd guess it's more likely an R-1, and she either was no longer eligible or had already had an extension (hence wasn't allowed another).

Typical liberal "Why can't people do whatever they damn well please...but take off your MAGA hat!" attitude.  

31 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah... I am not sure.  I try not to ask too many questions (ha... I know).

Something can't be right.  I wonder what the issue was.  My old neighbor is like: "She's a nun!  She cooks, cleans, prays."  Too funny... She even wanted to shovel.  My other neighbor (a guy) was joking about the snow.  She's like in broken English: "What tool to use?  Where is the tool?" AKA: the snow shovel.  She shoveled the walk... LoL...

I thiiiink... She can come back after so many months.

Anyway, APPEARS to be a shame.  What appears to be an honest person caught up in the ticky tacky rules.  A person that was a really big help to an old lady... That has a house, but not rolling in the dough.  A companion that is linked to her ethnic background.

I will find more out.  I know she tried to get them to let her stay... Early January... But they told her to shove out 2/3.  She wasn't happy about going back to Mom's in Serbia.

if you play by the rules on your visa requirements you are going home pronto

if you don't play by the rules and then murder 3 or 4 people you can stay for the next 30 years

and vote and collect welfare and free medical treatment

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... I am not sure.  I try not to ask too many questions (ha... I know).

Something can't be right.  I wonder what the issue was.  My old neighbor is like: "She's a nun!  She cooks, cleans, prays."  Too funny... She even wanted to shovel.  My other neighbor (a guy) was joking about the snow.  She's like in broken English: "What tool to use?  Where is the tool?" AKA: the snow shovel.  She shoveled the walk... LoL...

I thiiiink... She can come back after so many months.

Anyway, APPEARS to be a shame.  What appears to be an honest person caught up in the ticky tacky rules.  A person that was a really big help to an old lady... That has a house, but not rolling in the dough.  A companion that is linked to her ethnic background.

I will find more out.  I know she tried to get them to let her stay... Early January... But they told her to shove out 2/3.  She wasn't happy about going back to Mom's in Serbia.

The rules aren't that ticky-tacky for visas.  It's not like you can be deported for jaywalking on the second Tuesday in April.  For a religious visa, they're actually pretty broad. 

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The rules aren't that ticky-tacky for visas.  It's not like you can be deported for jaywalking on the second Tuesday in April.  For a religious visa, they're actually pretty broad. 

Yeah... The Church sent her.  From what I am told.

She loved it here... Two houses down.  My neighbor & I take care of outside, shovel, mow, etc... So I hear from him mostly. He's a pretty Trad Catholic himself... I can't imagine he's getting bad info.  Outside of the other elements down the street and BS creeping around, our five or so houses are like the Vatican City meets Eastern Orthodox... LoL...

Again... What I know, she petitioned to stay... But told to leave.  I wonder if she missed deadlines, etc... Wasn't timely?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... The Church sent.  From what I am told.

She loved it here... Two houses down.  My neighbor & I take care of outside, shovel, mow, etc... So I hear from him mostly. He's a pretty Trad Catholic himself... I can't imagine he's getting bad info.  Outside of the other elements down the street and BS creeping around, our five or so houses are like the Vatican City meets Eastern Orthodox... LoL...

Again... What I know, she petitioned to stay... But told to leave.  I wonder if she missed deadlines, etc... Wasn't timely?

she was a good person with a defined good purpose

can't have that

• Awesome! (+1) 1