Occasi-Cortez Channeling the Rent's too damn high guy

bdutton

Take cover! Nancy Pelosi ‘openly mocks’ AOC’s Green New Deal (and lefties are TICKED)

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/07/691997301/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-releases-green-new-deal-outline

One provision in Green New Deal:

“Expanding high-speed rail to ‘a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary’”

Wonder how that will poll.

Two minor (:lol:) bullet points at the bottom of NPR’s summary of the “Green New Deal:”

Dy0FHbEX0AAYIA1.jpg:large

• Haha (+1) 1

More from AOC's Green Deal

Seems doable.

Dyz4VDAX4AIARz2.jpg:large

This is an actual line in the Green New Deal. https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5729035-Green-New-Deal-FAQ 

Dyz5DJuW0AIL607.jpg:large

HOW IS THIS DOCUMENT REAL.?

Dyz6DkiXQAEtktO.jpg:large

LMAO

Dyz8-PDXgAEu1yd.jpg:large

Yesterday: The government shutdown is causing havoc and air traffic controllers are out of work.

Today: Get rid of airplanes in 10 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Seems doable.

This is an actual line in the Green New Deal. https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5729035-Green-New-Deal-FAQ 

LMAO

Yesterday: The government shutdown is causing havoc and air traffic controllers are out of work.

no more fossil fuels, unless you are rich and build up your own supply

18 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

As much as I can't stand Nasty Nancy, I fully support her mocking this Green New Deal stupidity.

i don't like her but she is a brilliant politician and actively seeks to get things done as she has outlined

need one of these in the house on the other side, for once...

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

As much as I can't stand Nasty Nancy, I fully support her mocking this Green New Deal stupidity.

She's only mocking it because AOC pisses off quite a number of DNC donors.  She will shift like the wind if AOC and her like kind gain momentum in the party and in the elections.  A lot of people flat out have no personal connection to maintain the status quo in the US.  I am far far from a raving communist but concentrating the wealth in a country like the US only brings these people to the surface.  Look at the "start" that the new session in Albany is off to with the reproductive health care "act."  The votes may not be there in the future on the national level in terms of a high thresh hold on inheritance taxes.  Within 5-10 years if AOC gains momentum I could see very little wealth carried from parents to children.  

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

She's only mocking it because AOC pisses off quite a number of DNC donors.  She will shift like the wind if AOC and her like kind gain momentum in the party and in the elections.  A lot of people flat out have no personal connection to maintain the status quo in the US.  I am far far from a raving communist but concentrating the wealth in a country like the US only brings these people to the surface.  Look at the "start" that the new session in Albany is off to with the reproductive health care "act."  The votes may not be there in the future on the national level in terms of a high thresh hold on inheritance taxes.  Within 5-10 years if AOC gains momentum I could see very little wealth carried from parents to children.  

AOC is going to get her ass primaried in 2020, fading away back into obscurity/punditry.

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Seems doable.

LMAO

I am guessing the first few words of AOC's Green Deal are: "This one time, in band camp..."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

AOC is going to get her ass primaried in 2020, fading away back into obscurity/punditry.

I worry about AOC because there are a lot of people enamored with her.  She loses the next primary then she will run as an independent and most likely win.  It's more about her congressional district and how they evaluate issues than the primary process.  If the DNC was smart they would scrape up a nice retirement package for AOC so she rides off into the sun when her term is up.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I worry about AOC because there are a lot of people enamored with her.  She loses the next primary then she will run as an independent and most likely win.  It's more about her congressional district and how they evaluate issues than the primary process.  If the DNC was smart they would scrape up a nice retirement package for AOC so she rides off into the sun when her term is up.

The people in her district vote down the D line. If she doesn't have that line, she's not winning re-election.

A lot of people being enamored with her doesn't mean schiff if they don't live her district.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...and now she's learning firsthand that freshmen congresscritters have no power, and don't mean jack crap to the leadership.

She probably should have listened when she was told to sit down, shut up, and be a good narrative-toting girl.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The people in her district vote down the D line. If she doesn't have that line, she's not winning re-election.

A lot of people being enamored with her doesn't mean schiff if they don't live her district.

Voting the party line is less important to younger people than issues.  The people that voted the party line because of family history are fading away.

AOC being in the limelight will bring out other like minded people into the public view.  AOC does not mean much by herself but if next election cycle there are 10 more like her that signals a shift in national thinking.  In 2016 we only had Bernie and in 2018 we had AOC plus the woman from Michigan with Bernie still around.  Don't underestimate how urban people under the age of 35 view issues.  Heck, I am old enough to remember when buying anything other than a Big 3 car was sacrilegious and got that person tons of scorn.  Ain't that way no more and it's not all to do with quality.  It's people being contrary to the thinking of the herd.

27 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

...and now she's learning firsthand that freshmen congresscritters have no power, and don't mean jack crap to the leadership.

She probably should have listened when she was told to sit down, shut up, and be a good narrative-toting girl.

She probably wants to get a Senate seat by next week, that's more where it's at, right?

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I would not make much of Pelosi's action.  Pelosi no doubt got her orders from donors.  In my mind this only helps AOC as she can develop a "it's them versus us" narrative.  It won't help her this time but down the road a ways.

25 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

People are also enamored with Bernie, Faucahontas, Tlaib and Omar.

Democrats will always be enamored with simple people who espouse bullet-point beliefs about rainbows and unicorns. The problem for those candidates is that they are ONLY about platitudes. They have no experience actually DOING anything, so after a while, people see them for what they are: full-time students who never really worked a day in their lives and have literally no ability to get anything done.

Look at Bernie. Look at Fauxcahontas. What have they really ever accomplished? I mean a tangible accomplishment that says "Americans are better because of their efforts."

Hint: Not a damn thing. They collect donations, live off the government dole and use their positions to make themselves the very millionaires they claim to hate.

Worry not. AOC will be serving up drinks at a local bar in Cindy Sheehan's neighborhood soon enough.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Democrats will always be enamored with simple people who espouse bullet-point beliefs about rainbows and unicorns. The problem for those candidates is that they are ONLY about platitudes. They have no experience actually DOING anything, so after a while, people see them for what they are: full-time students who never really worked a day in their lives and have literally no ability to get anything done.

Look at Bernie. Look at Fauxcahontas. What have they really ever accomplished? I mean a tangible accomplishment that says "Americans are better because of their efforts."

Hint: Not a damn thing. They collect donations, live off the government dole and use their positions to make themselves the very millionaires they claim to hate.

Worry not. AOC will be serving up drinks at a local bar in Cindy Sheehan's neighborhood soon enough.

In my mind AOC is a new pawn for the Democrats to use in the DC chess match.  She is not getting played by the party now because she rubs donors such as Buffett, Zuckerberg, etc. the wrong way with her tax ideas.  Somebody down the road in the DNC might decide that she is the perfect anti-Republican weapon with her green talk.  It's not like I have consulted the Oracle of Delphi but something says not to sleep on AOC and what she represents.  By the way the others you have mentioned only bring up points to call Republicans out on "fairness."  I don't recall crazy Bernie speaking out on green initiatives never mind within our life time objectives relative to it.

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

She should probably get at that sooner than later. I mean if she wants to maintain a high floor on tip income. Her looks won't last forever.

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yup, they build Explorers there and also in Russia.  Chicago is tooling up right now for all-new 2020 Explorer production.  The Russian plant may be on the chopping block or scheduled for reductions.    Not even Trump can save that Russian operation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dante said:

She should probably get at that sooner than later. I mean if she wants to maintain a high floor on tip income. Her looks won't last forever.

Quick funny story: my wife was a bartender at a little dive bar in CA when we met 20 years ago (next week, in fact). She was breasts and ass and dressed to emphasize both. After a while I was having a hard time dealing with the ogling and stupid comments from the regulars, and suggested maybe she tone down the assets. She ran the bar for 5 years, was an amazing worker, and I thought she could certainly do her job without flaunting her body.

She went from daily tips of $200-$250 to $50 and change. A week later we went shopping for new moneymaker outfits. She told me, "I won't look like this forever. Let's make it while I can." :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Quick funny story: my wife was a bartender at a little dive bar in CA when we met 20 years ago (next week, in fact). She was breasts and ass and dressed to emphasize both. After a while I was having a hard time dealing with the ogling and stupid comments from the regulars, and suggested maybe she tone down the assets. She ran the bar for 5 years, was an amazing worker, and I thought she could certainly do her job without flaunting her body.

She went from daily tips of $200-$250 to $50 and change. A week later we went shopping for new moneymaker outfits. She told me, "I won't look like this forever. Let's make it while I can." :lol:

Every job has uniform requirements.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

This really needs its own thread on OTW.  

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

That is serious money. I think it would be on me (if it were me) to deal with the jealousy rather than her making changes!:thumbsup:

We go pretty often for food and drinks at a local place here in town. We know all the girls and they look nice and are good at what they do as well.  Fastest delivery times on drinks from the time ordered in town. Anyway, I know for a fact that they pull in $1200 a week tips. That's fantastic for unskilled labor. Not sure if it's all cash or how that works. But if you got it, use it I feel. Why not?

I wonder if the guy servers make the same? Not sure I never asked. I doubt it lol.

The more I read about the Green New Deal, the better it sounds.

It's a list a 2nd grader would make if you asked them what the world would be like when they grow up.

I would like to add:

• Flying cars
  • Hover boards!
  • A replicator in every kitchen
  • A Unicorn in every back yard.
  • light sabers for guns program!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Hedge said:

Would I be going out on a limb to guess the investment would cost an arm and a leg?

I've got to hand it to you, you've got your fingers on the pulse and your eye on the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/10/2018 at 2:19 PM, 3rdnlng said:

She has an economics degree and when asked how we pay for the extra 38 trillion dollars for Medicare for all for the next 10 years she says, "we'll write a check".

She has the intellect of a South Carolina Beauty Queen.

That's such an insult to Miss Teen USA 2007.

THE GREEN NEW DEAL — IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED: Aaaaand AOC’s “Green New Deal” FAQ Page Got Taken Down.

aoc_green_new_deal_404_2-7-19-1-800x406.

In the #GreenNewDeal, Democrats would provide a job for everyone in America, but they would also give money to those “unwilling to work.”

Why take a job when staying home pays the bills?

Dy10l7XWkAERJMU.jpg

Dy1emaxVsAAgHiX.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

Holy *****....

Screen-Shot-2019-02-07-at-12.46.14-PM.png

So we'll just fire up some "new public banks" so they can "extend credit"?  And the government is going to take an "equity stake" in paying lazy people who don't want to work??  :lol:     Sign me up for the short position, please!   

Are we absolutely sure Hogboy wasn't elected to Congress?

• Haha (+1) 1