Ok All Those Who Want Beane/McDermott Fired? Who Do YOU Want?

Like A Mofo

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Wild idea, but Mike Leach.  I'm really curious if he could figure out NFL offense, especially the way it's trending more towards the Air Raid anyway and his press conferences would be gold.

If press conference gold is what you what, you have to hire this guy...

For the "what did you expect" or "they have nothing to work with" crowd:

Why is hard to see that they are historically bad? This is beyond the normal we knew it would be like this. They are on pace to break some records for ineptitude. Think about this:

They have half as many points scored as the 49ers and CJ Beathard led offense. The team lost both its starting QB and RB. An awful team. I could down the list of other teams and you will find more of the same. It is atrocious. And here we go trotting out a guy that throws a pick every 8 pass attempts and has no business being in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even though it would take away from the fun at the "Cuse...bring in Dino! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbC693EX4cM

The guy's done an incredible job and knows offense. Took a HORRIFIC Cuse program and has them ranked in his 3rd year. And came super close to upsetting Clemson for a 2nd year in a row. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Wild idea, but Mike Leach.  I'm really curious if he could figure out NFL offense, especially the way it's trending more towards the Air Raid anyway and his press conferences would be gold.

It would certainly be better (and a lot more fun) than what we’ve got.  Leach has done a really nice job at WSU. 

I don't want them fired anymore. If I bought the team today I would fire them, but at this point I want to see the end of this so that people like the OP don't have the satisfaction of claiming we gave up too quickly without letting them execute their master plan of having the worst offense of all time and rising from the ashes to super bowl contender. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ctk232 said:

That's really interesting. Obviously not that I know Tony, but his rep is one of a stand-up guy who is a motivated competitor, but otherwise a lockerroom presence you want(ed). He doesn't seem like the guy to desire a military-esque style of coach, but he's still from a military family and would likely be able to play under him, unless he really is that bad. Says a good amount about Haley.

Yep, he made a point of saying he didn’t know him personally, but trusted the guys who gave him reports. Again, I really enjoyed his candor. Most guys try to be too PC and not hurt anyone’s feelings. THAT is not interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I have actually been very open to that in the past.....good ST's coaches are very detail oriented.

Not saying I want to dumb current coaches...but if we were in the market this would not be a bad idea

Dont know much about him....can you elaborate?

I really respect that you admitted that

No...they would not

You talk but you really say nothing.....ever

If we WERE going to go away from Deboll (which I think we should not) I would very much like to see SM stay on as head coach but get out of his comfort zone as far as offensive coordinator's.....get someone from a coaching tree of success on the offensive side of the ball......I am a big Frank Reich fan (I know he is not available) you will have a hard time prying away a "name" so take a chance on someone under the "name"

But...I think Deboll's offensive schemes are just fine...he just lacks the horses to run them right now

Says the guy who waves Bills Pom Poms and shames other fans for not being a good enough fan. 

This is the endless debate. Realists bring up valid criticisms of the regime. And the same ostrich’s would rather bury their head in the sand. 

No no worries huh John? Just blind hope in McDermott and Beane despite a mounting pile of evidence to suggest they have no idea how to compete in today’s NFL? 

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Says the guy who waves Bills Pom Poms and shames other fans for not being a good enough fan. 

This is the endless debate. Realists bring up valid criticisms of the regime. And the same ostrich’s would rather bury their head in the sand. 

No no worries huh John? Just blind hope in McDermott and Beane despite a mounting pile of evidence to suggest they have no idea how to compete in today’s NFL? 

You....provide.....nothing

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He'll continue to improve the only thing he knows, the defense.  And hire his 3rd OC who will subsequently fail. Sean McDermott is completely incapable of evaluating offensive players or coaches. Oh well, we can always look back on 17-19 and say we had good defenses.....

I disagree Debbie. 

McDermott I'm Ok with what I am not ok with is how Beane handled the QB position/offense this offseason.... He better be willing to keep drafting QB's till one proves they can play

Not having a solid vet in here to play was unexcusable 

I am not along with 95% of those here a football expert with intricate knowledge of all coaches, assistants and great minds in the game.

However I have watched the game almost 50 years and it is obvious the coach has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW TO RUN AN OFFENSE AND HIRED OC's WHO ARE A REFLECTION OF HIM AND ARE FAILING.

Don't need to add anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

McDermott I'm Ok with what I am not ok with is how Beane handled the QB position/offense this offseason.... He better be willing to keep drafting QB's till one proves they can play

Not having a solid vet in here to play was unexcusable 

Those sorts of important decisions almost certainly begin and end with McDermott, not Beane.

It's McD's show here.  Beane is there for a little input and to do what McD says.

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The thing that I do not understand with those that are freaking out.  We expected this season to be what it had become.   Things will get better beginning next year.  Take a deep breath....and relax.

How do you know things will get better? What have you seen that indicates this? 

It is interesting how fans want to defend their team or their coaches despite what is being seen. Every coach in the first year or two will have those that say "trust the process" or "it takes time" or whatever other excuse. Sometimes you have to trust what your eyes are telling you.

I ask again.

Why is hard to see that they are historically bad? This is beyond the normal we knew it would be like this. They are on pace to break some records for ineptitude. Think about this:

They have half as many points scored as the 49ers and CJ Beathard led offense. The team lost both its starting QB and RB. An awful team. I could down the list of other teams and you will find more of the same. It is atrocious. And here we go trotting out a guy that throws a pick every 8 pass attempts and has no business being in the league. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

How do you know things will get better? What have you seen that indicates this? 

It is interesting how fans want to defend their team or their coaches despite what is being seen. Every coach in the first year or two will have those that say "trust the process" or "it takes time" or whatever other excuse. Sometimes you have to trust what your eyes are telling you.

I ask again.

They have improved the defense.  I believe the offense will follow. 

Being optimistic is so much better that running around yelling that the sky is falling.  

What is being accomplished by all this negativity? 

If I have a choice to believe in people that have devoted their adult life to footfall or the people freaking out on TBD, I will choose the former.