Nathan Peterman expected to start Sunday (per Adam Schefter)

BillsFan4

nate is gonna run a real game for us. dabol will be able to show he actually belongs and josh will come in when the time is right. period.

there will be no more...who can we bring in as a vet qb...or any of that b.s.  one more loss and we are toast. with all the conf. losses , we already are.

we will win with nate and pick up some steam to get jacked for next year.

I'm a little disappointed at the way McDermott has handled Peterman too.

Peterman has had to start against the Ravens (5th overall defense in pouring rain) and possibly Bears (4th overall defense).

McDermott could've helped Peterman gain some confidence by playing easier defenses like the Colts (25th overall defense) and Patriots (28th overall defense) but decided to listen to the fans and go with an old QB and we got blown out in both games. He didn't even give Peterman a couple series against the Colts when Anderson was doing bad and we were down a lot.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Peterman has had to start against the Ravens (5th overall defense in pouring rain) and possibly Bears (4th overall defense).

McDermott could've helped Peterman gain some confidence by playing easier defenses like the Colts (25th overall defense) and Patriots (28th overall defense) but decided to listen to the fans and go with an old QB and we got blown out in both games.

If you want complain about how McDermott handled peterman it starts and ends with forcing him to start before he was anywhere near ready to play nfl football. Nate should have been a practice squad guy for his first season and a back up this season. No where did he ever show he was ready

Guest Mike147
4 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

McDermott could've helped Peterman gain some confidence by playing easier defenses like the Colts (25th overall defense) and Patriots (28th overall defense) but decided to listen to the fans and go with an old QB and we got blown out in both games. He didn't even give Peterman a couple series against the Colts when Anderson was doing bad and we were down a lot.

It's pretty difficult to give a quarterback like Peterman more chances when he has been as bad as he has when he's started for us. I do agree that giving him a shot over an ageing veteran might makes sense because Peterman might have a future, but he was terrible and at times looked more likely to throw to the opposition than his own team. I suspect his performance would have been no different against the Colts or Patriots because Peterman shouldn't be starting in the NFL. Sadly we'll likely see another terrible performance against the Bears.

2 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

No fans should go to the game we should all boycott the Buffalo Bills when Nathan Peterman is listed as the starting QB. 

...like the SAME dedicated ones did riding the dead horse for seventeen years?.......I'm thinkin' the over/under on your "boycott contingent " is 5, with not counting the dog as the swing factor......

32 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I will not shut up. I still consider him an acceptable NFL backup. Gunner and Kirby can harangue me all they want---- I will not yield! My prediction is that he will play respectably and the Bills will win. When that happens the haters are going to be disappointed. I will be ecstatic but being humble as I am I will not scold. :)

He has to weak of an arm to be in the NFL. That’s why all his outside routes get jumped. If Daboll can scheme a quick passing game with screens and short slants in the middle of the field and minimize the impact of his weak arm then we could pull off a win. But Dabolls play calling and schemes have been horrible so I don’t know

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rebel101 said:

He has to weak of an arm to be in the NFL. That’s why all his outside routes get jumped. If Daboll can scheme a quick passing game with screens and short slants in the middle of the field and minimize the impact of his weak arm then we could pull off a win. But Dabolls play calling and schemes have been horrible so I don’t know

The offense's struggles have little to do with Daboll's play calling. When you are bereft of talent on offense you have little to work with. The only solution is to add talent to a unit that is devoid of talent.  

41 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I will not shut up. I still consider him an acceptable NFL backup. Gunner and Kirby can harangue me all they want---- I will not yield! My prediction is that he will play respectably and the Bills will win. When that happens the haters are going to be disappointed. I will be ecstatic but being humble as I am I will not scold. :)

I've already convinced myself Peterman will tear it up and win the game for us. Why not, right? What's the worst that happens, we lose one more game? Meh.

24 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

He did that the entire preseason.  What good did it do?

If you have to hide your QB from good defenses, that QB probably shouldn't be on the team.. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

5 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

he's got the skills to get points on the board...go ahead and argue against that compared to the others or at least DA .  who on this active roster can throw a td pass?

You mean to DB's?  Both of of them.

42 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

It's a three game sample size.

Not to mention the Chargers game was a complete joke. There were several players who cried about T.T being benched and they purposely hung Peterman out to dry. Watch the way Mills blocked in that game compared to the rest of the year. He wasn't even attempting to block anyone when Peterman was in. Even Bosa was miced up and laughed how he wasn't being blocked at all. Two of the INTs Peterman got drilled as he was throwing. Another Dimarco let a ball hit off his hands and get picked.

He probably leads the league in dropped pass % too. I can't remember ever seeing a QB have more dropped passing that Peterman.

Also Jared Goff was called a bust after just one year. Now he's one of the top QBs. Maybe people should've... I don't know... given him more than 7 games to label him that? Peterman has had 3 with absolutely no help from teammates. 

Hell Zay Jones was a complete bust  after not even a full season too according to almost everyone on here. Now people think he's good. Maybe they were quick to judge. Yeah nobody will ever admit that.

he doesnt have an NFL arm. how many times do you have to watch him throw to the sidelines and get picked? i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. we reached in the 5th round for the guy and he's not going to work out. i hope he starts the remainder of the season, sets records for INTs and retires so you people will crawl back into your holes. 

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The offense's struggles have little to do with Daboll's play calling. When you are bereft of talent on offense you have little to work with. The only solution is to add talent to a unit that is devoid of talent.  

His play calling is inexcusable though. You can say what you want but he is terrible. His play calling is to basic and predictable. Last night he ran the ball way to many times when he shouldn’t have. Then the one time on 3rd and 3 and he should have ran he decided to throw. And bringing the wildcat in was stupid. They already know we run the ball most of the time. The wildcat just takes all the guess work out of it and allows them to commit to stopping the run. It was an amateur offense we ran last night and has been the majority of the games this year

13 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

he doesnt have an NFL arm. how many times do you have to watch him throw to the sidelines and get picked? i feel like i'm taking crazy pills. we reached in the 5th round for the guy and he's not going to work out. i hope he starts the remainder of the season, sets records for INTs and retires so you people will crawl back into your holes. 

Peterman threw 53 MPH. Deshaun Watson threw 49 MPH. So how does Peterman not have an NFL arm yet Watson does?

That pick-6 against the Texans had nothing to do with arm strength. The DB knew the route and jumped it. The Texans dropped 7 into coverage on that play. They knew we were passing.

He made a bad choice throwing it there though. It was a mistake by a young QB. He played real well before that throw after Allen sucked all game.

Edited by suorangefan4

3 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

neither does drew brees

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I've already convinced myself Peterman will tear it up and win the game for us. Why not, right? What's the worst that happens, we lose one more game? Meh.

So many people here (not referring to you) neurotically fixate on the backup qb as if he is the primary source of the team's struggles. Whether he is on the team or not is mostly irrelevant to what ails our offense i.e. a general lack of talent. If this talent deficiency, mostly on offense, is not addressed this offseason it will be an organizational failure that will result in another change of the staffing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

So many people here (not referring to you) neurotically fixate on the backup qb as if he is the primary source of the team's struggles. Whether he is on the team or not is mostly irrelevant to what ails our offense i.e. a general lack of talent. If this talent deficiency, mostly on offense, is not addressed this offseason it will be an organizational failure that will result in another change of the staffing. 

The problem is more that the coaches and GM think he can play when he cannot. And it's been proven. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see THIS POST right here is the problem.  You are DELUSIONAL in your recollection of what happened.  

Please tell me how they blew up the offense in year 2?  All we did was trade Tyrod for more than anyone believed we would get.  But please again, show me how they "blew it up"???  We didn't do anything to the offense this past year other than move on from a QB that had taken us as far as he could, something 98% of this board wanted to do, maybe even 100%. TWO of our pro bowl OL guys suddenly retired, but how is that Beanes fault???

So please oh please, show me where they "blew it up"

No, 2 of our OL did not suddenly retire. McBeane has plenty of warning on Wood. How’d they handle it? They were obviously gonna draft a QB, and Peterman and McCarron were their answer to be temporary placeholders? Stupid decision. Then, they use 2 of the top 3 picks on defense and the only real money spent in FA was on defense. Defense doesn’t win in this league anymore, ask the Chiefs. Their moves have been disgusting because their process is inept. 

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

Last I checked Anderson threw a pick 6 last night.

Damn you fact checkers lol. Don't you know that in 2018 you aren't supposed to do that? In all seriousness, how sad is it that he seems to be the only QB capable of getting the ball in the endzone. 

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

Nothing has been proven. He is a 2nd year player who has looked terrible at times and good at times. 

No he hasn't looked good in real games. Can he throw a complete pass, even a good one once in a great while? Yes. So could I. He's the worst in the history of the league. 

1 minute ago, The Drought said:

How will he ever replace Anderson who was averaging 3 turnovers and zero touchdowns a game.

Allen is only 2tds-5ints, so there is always that lol. Might as well throw Logan Thomas back there, he can't catch or block.