Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

1 hour ago, Radar said:

My concern is as much as I think the ownership wants to provide a good team they don't have the experience required.  I hope that they will hire an experienced football executive to oversee the whole operation. I may like the Pegulas but their over their heads I fear.

They have two.  Their names are McDermott and Beane

5 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The level of idiocy around here is amazing.  I can't believe how many times I've read this here about either Beane or McD. 

What the pattern seems to always be, "The Bills made a move I don't like or agree with,  since he didn't do what I wanted there can't be any other reason to not agree with my brilliance so it's because of his ego"  

I seriously doubt any poster on this board has any idea what type of ego any of those guys really have, though IMO listening to McD speak I haven't heard much of anything come from him that makes me think he has a big ego.  Beane haven' read/heard enough  direct quotes, but regardless none of us have any real idea.

I like like 5 houses down from Beane and have talked to him plenty of times.  Stop assuming crap.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THIS. YOU NEVER SUBSTANTIATE YOUR POINT BUT REPEAT AD NAUSEUM. Just tell me why for Christ's sake. Do it once. Give me your theory.

WHAT ARE WE PAYING HIM FOR WHAT IS IS JOB DESCRIPTION. 

You know at my company my boss is my errand boy. He gets coffee for me and gives me pay raises when I want them

If your company’s owner directly hired you and then it was you who effectively got your boss hired, then yes, your boss is probably your superior in title only.

That is Beane. He is paid because he performs the daily business functions of a GM but let’s make no mistake, he is most likely taking directives from McD.

Edited by eanyills

2 minutes ago, eanyills said:

If your company’s owner directly hired you and then it was you who effectively got your boss hired, then yes, your boss is probably your superior in title only.

That is Beane. He is paid because he performs the daily business functions of a GM but let’s make no mistake, he is most likely taking directives from McD.

Lol that sounds patently obvious. No speculation there. I'm sure the Pegulas told McDermott to find a puppet for him cause they wanted to pay money for something a monkey could do.

Sound logic. Let's just live this reality without question. McDermott worked under Beane in Carolina. McDermott thought he was a good boss and recommend that to the owners.  You realize that happens in companies all the time when they need to fill a position "hey PT5P do you know a good mid-level manager for your boss that just got fired" "yeah I know a guy from my last job that would like to interview. He was a really good boss, tought me a lot." //PT5P gets new boss per his recommendation.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Lol that sounds patently obvious. No speculation there. I'm sure the Pegulas told McDermott to find a puppet for him cause they wanted to pay money for something a monkey could do.

Sound logic. Let's just live this reality without question. McDermott worked under Beane in Carolina. McDermott thought he was a good boss and recommend that to the owners.  You realize that happens in companies all the time when they need to fill a position "hey PT5P do you know a good mid-level manager for your boss that just got fired" "yeah I know a guy from my last job that would like to interview. He was a really good boss, tought me a lot." //PT5P gets new boss per his recommendation.

Are you tone deaf? That’s exactly what Beane is. 

And yes, it does happen all the time in business. Administrative heirarchies is messed up all over the place. My company, a huge multi-national, is a disaster.

You don’t seem to know much about the practical world so arguing with you isn’t worth my time.

25 minutes ago, eanyills said:

Are you tone deaf? That’s exactly what Beane is. 

And yes, it does happen all the time in business. Administrative heirarchies is messed up all over the place. My company, a huge multi-national, is a disaster.

You don’t seem to know much about the practical world so arguing with you isn’t worth my time.

I'm tone deaf to pure speculation. You're tone deaf to giving me proof to what i'm asking for.

You don't seem to know much about how the practical world is very different from your personal experience at your 1 job. 

You don't seem to know much about sample size or answering a simple question so I'm done arguing with you.

I'd wager you're either too condescending to get any proof or don't think critically.

Terry Pegula is a cat hoarder, it happens in my multinational conglamerate corporation with the shareholders, thus Terry is a cat hoarder.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I like like 5 houses down from Beane and have talked to him plenty of times.  Stop assuming crap.

OK so assuming you live by him, how does that make you an expert on his state of mind?  Do you two hang together every night?

I'm sure he goes out of his way to talk to you about the Bills and what should be done.?  Or maybe you just give your opinion and thoughts to him.  Can see how that would be perceived as him having a big ego.  

I'm sure anyone in a position like he is in  would be very guarded around others and others could view it as ego driven.

On 10/30/2018 at 1:34 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

The systematic dismantling of one of the Bills' highest-producing offenses in franchise history, replacing it over two years with what is shaping up to be statistically the worst offense in the modern era - an incredible feat when you consider that offenses are scoring points at a record pace - cannot go unpunished.

Brandon Beane gutted the offense and has failed to draft or acquire a single quality player on that side of the ball.

Not one.

The 2017 WR group was the worst in the NFL - and they did absolutely nothing - NOTHING - to upgrade it.

The lack of talent on offense predictably led to the highly-invested QB getting seriously injured.  

There is no excuse for this - none.  Don't tell me they're "tanking" - no team tanks the year AFTER drafting their franchise QB.

Don't tell me they have cap problems and are "rebuilding" - those problems are self-imposed, and even if they were sound decisions (which is dubious), there is no excuse for failing to even attempt to acquire playmakers during the offseason.  Find some speedy gadget WRs and a James White-type scat back who can create mismatches.  Find me one - ONE tight end who can BLOCK, let alone occasionally get open and catch a pass.  Find me a guard who can move laterally without running into his own guys, or a right tackle who can at least attempt to execute a cut block without taking himself, and only himself, out of the play...

This offense is a shambles and it absolutely positively did not have to be.  No one expected this team to contend for the Super Bowl this season but fans act like there is nothing in between a Lombardi and the first overall draft pick - it just ain't so.

Brandon Beane's "solutions" at WR have included trading up for Zay Jones (if you want to put that draft on him - fine with me if you don't), trading Watkins, trading for Kelvin Benjamin, trading for Jordan Matthews, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?  I suppose you could do the Bills-y thing and wait until Beane squanders $80M in salary cap room and 8 draft picks, but why saddle the next GM with that?  Get a head start now - once the trade deadline has come and gone, there really isn't much more for the GM to do until the offseason.  Now is the time to make the change.

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

Fire Beane, do it tomorrow morning, rip the bandaid off and move forward.

These guys have destroyed this football team i couldn't agree with u more. What makes things even worse is this crop of free agents on the offensive side of the ball and the draft looks like slim pickings in 2019. 

The 2017 draft was loaded with offensive talent and we squandered it. Trading bk and allowing KC to select Mahomes was a monumental mistake. Trading up for Zay and Dawkins has proven to be awful moves also. Nobody can tell me Whaley was in control at the time it was Mcd. Although Dawkins has proven to be a good left tackle we already had Cordy on this roster . These moves left us just spinning our wheels instead of taking advantage of this draft that was loaded in the middle rds with talents such as Kamara, Hunt, Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, Dede Westbrook & Tarik Cohen etc, etc . The lack of vision this organization has shown is downright awful. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

These guys have destroyed this football team i couldn't agree with u more. What makes things even worse is this crop of free agents on the offensive side of the ball and the draft looks like slim pickings in 2019. 

The 2017 draft was loaded with offensive talent and we squandered it. Trading bk and allowing KC to select Mahomes was a monumental mistake. Trading up for Zay and Dawkins has proven to be awful moves also. Nobody can tell me Whaley was in control at the time it was Mcd. Although Dawkins has proven to be a good left tackle we already had Cordy on this roster . These moves left us just spinning our wheels instead of taking advantage of this draft that was loaded in the middle rds with talents such as Kamara, Hunt, Kupp, Golladay, Godwin, Dede Westbrook & Tarik Cohen etc, etc . The lack of vision this organization has shown is downright awful. 

The whole Front Office is sort of like Peterman - they look good on paper - they have faith in what they’re doing - they have a plan, but in executing the plan they don’t take into account the context, what the defense/rest of the league is doing - they are stubborn and inflexible and throw it all up for grabs and hope/pray for the best.  It ain’t workin’.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The whole Front Office is sort of like Peterman - they look good on paper - they have faith in what they’re doing - they have a plan, but in executing the plan they don’t take into account the context, what the defense/rest of the league is doing - they are stubborn and inflexible and throw it all up for grabs and hope/pray for the best.  It ain’t workin’.

let me throw something in here so you don't look foolish bumping your own LAMP.  you're welcome....

14 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not really - I said he deserved to be fired after the trade deadline passed.  He does.  Still.  I certainly didn't predict that he would be.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?

Guess whose words those are?  Yours in the OP.  And now it's Friday.  I'm glad you were able to vent and have your little hissy fit, but reality will now take over.  Beane has to fix the offensive personnel going into next season.  He'll get judged on that.  Not by hysterical rants.

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Blah, blah, blah.  They cleared cap space this year.  There are FA linemen to be had next year.  They have ten draft picks to upgrade things.  That is where Beane will be judged.

Bottom line .. nothing will happen ... good or bad till after next year ... I believe after blowhard Rex ... the Pegulas made their choice based on a long term version that McD and subsequently Beane sold them (and let's not kid ourselves that those two were likely a package deal from the get go .. Whaley was dead man walking) ... the playoffs last year was a unexpected surprise to all ... the fans, the coach, the GM, and the owners .. but it broke the streak ... so now this year is likely worse than expected (and the QB room and the OL/WR talent is certainly a dumpster fire and they should be blamed)  ... but again it was planned to be somewhat bad ... 2019 was and is the swing season ... there is either marked improvement .. or we get ready for the next regime's kool aid.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?

Guess whose words those are?  Yours in the OP.  And now it's Friday.  I'm glad you were able to vent and have your little hissy fit, but reality will now take over.  Beane has to fix the offensive personnel going into next season.  He'll get judged on that.  Not by hysterical rants.

Blah, blah, blah.  They cleared cap space this year.  There are FA linemen to be had next year.  They have ten draft picks to upgrade things.  That is where Beane will be judged.

Cap space for What? We have to overpay to bring in less talented players. This cap space is a mirage. Mof i believe these guys will blow the space they have . 

We can all agree that even though most of us here dont want McBeane back next yr. They most likely will be back and they will be on the hot seat. When GM/Coach combos are both feeling the heat thet tend to make even worse decisions to keep there jobs. These guys will spend this money on players that dont deserve these deals. U can ask me how i know this? Well lets just say threw experience . How many times do we need to watch guys on the hot seat sell the teams futures for nothing strickly out of desperation?. Most times these things get worse and McBeane has not given us any reason to believe they can build and develop a functional NFL offense.

The Process should continue in 2019 but without McBeane. Yup i said it. Pegs should thank McBeane for building a solid D and show them the door. The next move is to follow the steps that both the Rams and Bears have shown us bring in a offensive minded head coach with a proven track record of developing and recognizing offensive talent. With all this cap space and picks it would be a great advantage to an offensive minded coach to bring in the talent he needs to get this offense turned around. This should defintely be the direction we take this offseason. 

Imo the reason McBeane should be fired is there belief that defense is the way to win. I know Bills fans from the Rockpile days love that kind of football. It doesn't work in that way in the league anymore. The teams with the best records all have high ranked offense with average to below average defense. The teams with high ranked defense are around .500 or worse. 

34 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Cap space for What? We have to overpay to bring in less talented players. This cap space is a mirage. Mof i believe these guys will blow the space they have . 

We can all agree that even though most of us here dont want McBeane back next yr. They most likely will be back and they will be on the hot seat. When GM/Coach combos are both feeling the heat thet tend to make even worse decisions to keep there jobs. These guys will spend this money on players that dont deserve these deals. U can ask me how i know this? Well lets just say threw experience . How many times do we need to watch guys on the hot seat sell the teams futures for nothing strickly out of desperation?. Most times these things get worse and McBeane has not given us any reason to believe they can build and develop a functional NFL offense.

The Process should continue in 2019 but without McBeane. Yup i said it. Pegs should thank McBeane for building a solid D and show them the door. The next move is to follow the steps that both the Rams and Bears have shown us bring in a offensive minded head coach with a proven track record of developing and recognizing offensive talent. With all this cap space and picks it would be a great advantage to an offensive minded coach to bring in the talent he needs to get this offense turned around. This should defintely be the direction we take this offseason. 

Say it all you want.  If ranting like this makes you feel better, fine.  But it has nothing to do with reality.  McDermott and Beane will be here in the off-season planning for free agency and the draft.  They will undoubtedly look to bring talent into the offense, and despite the moaning about it being a bad FA class there are lineman out there like Stafford and Paradis that would help this team immensely.  They hopefully will find guys like Poyer and Hyde, solid players who were a little bit under the radar but have done very well for us.  And they have the draft.  People slam their ten picks for having some of them in lower rounds, but they can either package them or depend on their scouts to find guys like Milano or Johnson from this past year.  People slammed Jones, but he is starting to come along.  Dawkins will be their fixture at LT.  They drafted what they hope to be their long term QB.  So quit with the stuff about not having a clue on offensive talent.  Daboll depending on who you read has done a pretty good job with concepts, although there is criticism that can be laid there (like running shotgun too much last game). 

This board is replete with these kinds of posts.  Exactly what purpose do they serve, when everyone here knows that Beane and McDermott are coming back?  The only possible scenario where there would be an iota of a chance of that not happening is if the team loses the rest of the year, with huge losses in each game.  And that's not going to happen.  McD has shown he can fire up his team to perform even after big losses.  My prediction at the beginning of the year was 6 wins.  That's pretty close to what they'll get, maybe 5.  And they'll then have to have a productive off-season; that is on them.  But turn it all upside down yet again, with a GM that's had one draft and one off-season?  That is not happening.

So continue barking at the moon all you want if it makes you feel better.  Some of us will continue to exist in the real world.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Say it all you want.  If ranting like this makes you feel better, fine.  But it has nothing to do with reality.  McDermott and Beane will be here in the off-season planning for free agency and the draft.  They will undoubtedly look to bring talent into the offense, and despite the moaning about it being a bad FA class there are lineman out there like Stafford and Paradis that would help this team immensely.  They hopefully will find guys like Poyer and Hyde, solid players who were a little bit under the radar but have done very well for us.  And they have the draft.  People slam their ten picks for having some of them in lower rounds, but they can either package them or depend on their scouts to find guys like Milano or Johnson from this past year.  People slammed Jones, but he is starting to come along.  Dawkins will be their fixture at LT.  They drafted what they hope to be their long term QB.  So quit with the stuff about not having a clue on offensive talent.  Daboll depending on who you read has done a pretty good job with concepts, although there is criticism that can be laid there (like running shotgun too much last game). 

This board is replete with these kinds of posts.  Exactly what purpose do they serve, when everyone here knows that Beane and McDermott are coming back?  The only possible scenario where there would be an iota of a chance of that not happening is if the team loses the rest of the year, with huge losses in each game.  And that's not going to happen.  McD has shown he can fire up his team to perform even after big losses.  My prediction at the beginning of the year was 6 wins.  That's pretty close to what they'll get, maybe 5.  And they'll then have to have a productive off-season; that is on them.  But turn it all upside down yet again, with a GM that's had one draft and one off-season?  That is not happening.

So continue barking at the moon all you want if it makes you feel better.  Some of us will continue to exist in the real world.

I guess u dont like the facts. Keep living in your fantasy world. 

On 10/30/2018 at 7:35 AM, Fadingpain said:

Beane is McDermott's errand boy.

If you don't like the look of the organization, it's McDermott you need to fire, not Beane.

Completely agree. The look of this team started last year. I can't wait until next year, these people will come up with some ridiculous excuse for how they inherited the offense.

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The guys who scouted Milano are probably no longer with the team. 

McD has shown he can even fire up his team after big losses. Real resume building there lol. I can't do anything but laugh at this post. 

Real world? 

Daboll running shotgun too much last game is a problem? 

On 10/30/2018 at 2:45 PM, oldmanfan said:

Because facts are dangerous things around here.

Since your bringing up facts. If u dont have a coach that can develop a QB nor can he bring in or develop offensive talent . That guy shouldn't be your head coach or even worse in this case the defacto GM/Head Coach. 

Im tired of people making excuses for the lack of coaching or talent . When the guy that there protecting Mcd is the sole reason for these prbs.

6 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Bottom line .. nothing will happen ... good or bad till after next year ... I believe after blowhard Rex ... the Pegulas made their choice based on a long term version that McD and subsequently Beane sold them (and let's not kid ourselves that those two were likely a package deal from the get go .. Whaley was dead man walking) ... the playoffs last year was a unexpected surprise to all ... the fans, the coach, the GM, and the owners .. but it broke the streak ... so now this year is likely worse than expected (and the QB room and the OL/WR talent is certainly a dumpster fire and they should be blamed)  ... but again it was planned to be somewhat bad ... 2019 was and is the swing season ... there is either marked improvement .. or we get ready for the next regime's kool aid.

I'll never understand why this simple truth is so difficult for people to accept. It's almost like they NEED to be ahead of the bad news curve so they can tell everyone "I told you so."

Again, the only thing simpler in the NFL than saying "I told you so" is predicting failure. Literally anyone can do it every week of every season. And for some tired reason, some people do.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

They cleared cap space this year.  There are FA linemen to be had next year.  They have ten draft picks to upgrade things.  That is where Beane will be judged.

This line reminds me of the BS line my Mom used to feed me that if I was a good boy Santa would bring me more toys.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Since your bringing up facts. If u dont have a coach that can develop a QB nor can he bring in or develop offensive talent . That guy shouldn't be your head coach or even worse in this case the defacto GM/Head Coach. 

Im tired of people making excuses for the lack of coaching or talent . When the guy that there protecting Mcd is the sole reason for these prbs.

Oh, and the above are facts?  Go back to school and study this time

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This line reminds me of the BS line my Mom used to feed me that if I was a good boy Santa would bring me more toys.

Yet another Nostradamus rears his head around here. 

23 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Completely agree. The look of this team started last year. I can't wait until next year, these people will come up with some ridiculous excuse for how they inherited the offense.

The guys who scouted Milano are probably no longer with the team. 

McD has shown he can even fire up his team after big losses. Real resume building there lol. I can't do anything but laugh at this post. 

Real world? 

Daboll running shotgun too much last game is a problem? 

You and others saying someone needs to be fired now when you know it's not happening is almost the definition of living in the fantasy world

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yet another Nostradamus rears his head around here. 

I'll believe they can draft and sign good offensive players, when they, you know, actually do. So far they are 0 for 2.  KB, Zay, Tolbert, DiMarco, Wonder Boy...

Passed on Mahomes, Watson, Ridley ...

Impressive track record thus far :)

31 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'll believe they can draft and sign good offensive players, when they, you know, actually do. So far they are 0 for 2.  KB, Zay, Tolbert, DiMarco, Wonder Boy...

So to be clear, you are saying Zay and Allen are busts. You're saying they'll never been successful in the NFL.

Because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

37 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

WR1 from 18’ draft class is DJ Moore. He is a beast. 

Just now, LABillzFan said:

So to be clear, you are saying Zay and Allen are busts. You're saying they'll never been successful in the NFL.

Because that's what it sounds like you're saying.

I'm only going on what I see so far.  Have either shown you anything to make think they will be?  Zay has played better this year but the chances of him being a AJ Green or Julio Jones or even Robert Woods level WR appears slim.  but anything is possible.  Same could be said of Josh.   Based on what I've seen I have little hope that he can ever be a drop back accurate pocket passer on the level of say Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer. 

That's what I'm saying.

I believe guys can be good once they are, you know, good.

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is it tomorrow?  No, it's still today?  OK, I'll check back later.

Exactly. The OP stated that Beane should be fired tomorrow and best I can tell, it's still today.

These damn millennials are so impatient with their FaceSpace and Twitagram.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I'm tone deaf to pure speculation. You're tone deaf to giving me proof to what i'm asking for.

You don't seem to know much about how the practical world is very different from your personal experience at your 1 job. 

You don't seem to know much about sample size or answering a simple question so I'm done arguing with you.

I'd wager you're either too condescending to get any proof or don't think critically.

Terry Pegula is a cat hoarder, it happens in my multinational conglamerate corporation with the shareholders, thus Terry is a cat hoarder.

What is a cat hoarder ?  I’ve never herd of that 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

38 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm only going on what I see so far.  Have either shown you anything to make think they will be?  Zay has played better this year but the chances of him being a AJ Green or Julio Jones or even Robert Woods level WR appears slim.  but anything is possible.  Same could be said of Josh.   Based on what I've seen I have little hope that he can ever be a drop back accurate pocket passer on the level of say Matt Ryan or Carson Palmer. 

That's what I'm saying.

I believe guys can be good once they are, you know, good.

Okay. So what you're saying is McBeane are unable to draft or sign good offensive players because they're not drafting or signing good offensive players who can do what you want them to do, which is for Zay to be a true #1 and Allen to be a drop-back accurate passer like Ryan or Palmer.

Got it.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

Okay. So what you're saying is McBeane are unable to draft or sign good offensive players because they're not drafting or signing good offensive players who can do what you want them to do, which is for Zay to be a true #1 and Allen to be a drop-back accurate passer like Ryan or Palmer.

Got it.

Isn't that what we're tanking and losing for?  To get players good enough for us to get to the Super Bowl AND win?

Average players we already had.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Isn't that what we're tanking and losing for?  To get players good enough for us to get to the Super Bowl AND win?

Average players we already had.

So you're saying we drafted Zay and Allen to tank so we can get other players at higher picks?

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Based upon this conclusion, the Bills are the team that should have been making 'The Office' parody video, while Cleveland could have done any of 'The Walking Dead', 'Game of Thrones', or 'Benny Hill'.

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

So you're saying we drafted Zay and Allen to tank so we can get other players at higher picks?

I'm confused, are you saying we are not tanking and are in fact trying to win this year?

i don't know what's worse, tanking, or actually trying to win and being this inept on offense.

Edited by reddogblitz

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:35 AM, Fadingpain said:

If you don't like the look of the organization, it's McDermott you need to fire, not Beane.

I say Dump BOTH these losers.... Finish the season with Leslie Frazier at interim, and a stand-in GM...

• Like (+1) 1