Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The systematic dismantling of one of the Bills' highest-producing offenses in franchise history, replacing it over two years with what is shaping up to be statistically the worst offense in the modern era - an incredible feat when you consider that offenses are scoring points at a record pace - cannot go unpunished.

Brandon Beane gutted the offense and has failed to draft or acquire a single quality player on that side of the ball.

Not one.

The 2017 WR group was the worst in the NFL - and they did absolutely nothing - NOTHING - to upgrade it.

The lack of talent on offense predictably led to the highly-invested QB getting seriously injured.  

There is no excuse for this - none.  Don't tell me they're "tanking" - no team tanks the year AFTER drafting their franchise QB.

Don't tell me they have cap problems and are "rebuilding" - those problems are self-imposed, and even if they were sound decisions (which is dubious), there is no excuse for failing to even attempt to acquire playmakers during the offseason.  Find some speedy gadget WRs and a James White-type scat back who can create mismatches.  Find me one - ONE tight end who can BLOCK, let alone occasionally get open and catch a pass.  Find me a guard who can move laterally without running into his own guys, or a right tackle who can at least attempt to execute a cut block without taking himself, and only himself, out of the play...

This offense is a shambles and it absolutely positively did not have to be.  No one expected this team to contend for the Super Bowl this season but fans act like there is nothing in between a Lombardi and the first overall draft pick - it just ain't so.

Brandon Beane's "solutions" at WR have included trading up for Zay Jones (if you want to put that draft on him - fine with me if you don't), trading Watkins, trading for Kelvin Benjamin, trading for Jordan Matthews, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?  I suppose you could do the Bills-y thing and wait until Beane squanders $80M in salary cap room and 8 draft picks, but why saddle the next GM with that?  Get a head start now - once the trade deadline has come and gone, there really isn't much more for the GM to do until the offseason.  Now is the time to make the change.

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

Fire Beane, do it tomorrow morning, rip the bandaid off and move forward.

No offense but this is just a bunch of nonsense.  Im getting really tired of the statement that this regime DISMANTLED the offense.  Thats 100% false. 

1.  Woods and Goodwin left on THEIR OWN and that was a BEFORE Beane was the GM and when Whaley was here and McD just got here  0% on Beane 

2.  Wood and Incognito suddenly and unexpectedly retired. 0% on Beane

3,  Watkins was traded, and while I wanted to keep Watkins, it was Watkins price tag is hat got him traded as Bills were not gonna pay his market place, so they made a move to get back 2 good assets in a 2nd and good player that helped us make playoffs last year instead of losing Watkins for nothing. And Watkins has way way underperformed to his price tag since leaving Buffalo.

4.  They tried to bring some help back in Jordan and KB, but injuries to both players derailed them last year, and KB has struggled this year.  

5.  They traded Tyrod, something 98% of the people on this board BEGGED for us to do (or to cut him) and got back WAY more compensation for him than anyone here ever thought Tryod would fetch. They did this so they could go get their QB of the future in the draft, and this was a good move as we weren't going any further with Tyrod than we had already gotten. 

6.  They traded Glenn (BEFORE we lost 2 more OL) to move up into position to get that franchise QB prospect, and that was also a good move given Glenn was somewhat expendable at the time and underperforming to his contract and frequently battling injuries.  

So where do you people come up with this dismantling theory?  Beane was here ONE draft.  Beane had NOTHING to do with Woods or Goodwin as it was before he was hired.  McD had little to do with that either as he had just got here.  And quite frankly, anyone PRETENDING they wanted to keep Goodwin is full of sh*t as I and just a couple others were the only people saying Goodwin had upside and wanted to keep him. 99% of this board said he cant play in the NFL. 

So again, this entire post is just misguided and factually incorrect.  Beane did NOT pass on Mahomes and Watson either, that was Whaley.  So all these fools here screaming EVERY WEEK that Beane should be fired over it are just ridiculous, has literally 0% to do with him. 

MOST IMPORTANTLY:  Beane said it would take TWO seasons to fix the cap..he did it in ONE.  He also managed to get our QB prospect, what looks to be a stud MLB in the making in Edmunds, and two other good prospects in Taron and Phillips...all in ONE draft while also having TRADED UP TWICE in the same draft.  I mean thats a pretty damn good first draft right now as they all look quite promising.  

YOU CANT FIX AN ENTIRE ROSTER IN ONE SEASON.  The only blunder was trading AJM and sticking with NP.  That being said, NP grossly outplayed AJM in the preseason and no one was willing to trade us an asset for NP, so he took the deal on the table to get an asset since they likely were gonna cut one of the QB's anyway. 

I just can NOT believe how many people are so out of whack right now with the reality of what really has transpired, where we are headed, and why.  I have been on this board for years watching people piss and moan daily about guys like Tyrod, Watkins, Woods all not being good, etc...how we need to tear it all down.  Now that we are truly rebuilding (and they have done a great job on the defense so far) all I hear is pissing and moaning about how we suck.  OF COURSE WE DO, you cant overhaul an entire roster in ONE DRAFT.  We were in cap hell, so we couldn't spend a ton in FA. That all changes next year, so freaking RELAX.  This board SUCKS right now, its so over the top and just unbearable right now.  Never seen so much misguided, non logical, and panic rhetoric in all the history of this board...and thats saying a lot 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense but this is just a bunch of nonsense.  Im getting really tired of the statement that this regime DISMANTLED the offense.  Thats 100% false. 

1.  Woods and Goodwin left on THEIR OWN and that was a BEFORE Beane was the GM and when Whaley was here and McD just got here  0% on Beane 

3,  Watkins was traded, and while I wanted to keep Watkins, it was Watkins price tag is hat got him traded as Bills were not gonna pay his market place, so they made a move to get back 2 good assets in a 2nd and good player that helped us make playoffs last year instead of losing Watkins for nothing. And Watkins has way way underperformed to his price tag since leaving Buffalo.

4.  They tried to bring some help back in Jordan and KB, but injuries to both players derailed them last year, and KB has struggled this year.  

5.  They traded Tyrod, something 98% of the people on this board BEGGED for us to do (or to cut him) and got back WAY more compensation for him than anyone here ever thought Tryod would fetch. They did this so they could go get their QB of the future in the draft, and this was a good move as we weren't going any further with Tyrod than we had already gotten. 

6.  They traded Glenn (BEFORE we lost 2 more OL) to move up into position to get that franchise QB prospect, and that was also a good move given Glenn was somewhat expendable at the time and underperforming to his contract and frequently battling injuries.  

So where do you people come up with this dismantling theory?  Beane was here ONE draft.  Beane had NOTHING to do with Woods or Goodwin as it was before he was hired.  McD had little to do with that either as he had just got here.  And quite frankly, anyone PRETENDING they wanted to keep Goodwin is full of sh*t as I and just a couple others were the only people saying Goodwin had upside and wanted to keep him. 99% of this board said he cant play in the NFL. 

So again, this entire post is just misguided and factually incorrect.  Beane did NOT pass on Mahomes and Watson either, that was Whaley.  So all these fools here screaming EVERY WEEK that Beane should be fired over it are just ridiculous, has literally 0% to do with him. 

MOST IMPORTANTLY:  Beane said it would take TWO seasons to fix the cap..he did it in ONE.  He also managed to get our QB prospect, what looks to be a stud MLB in the making in Edmunds, and two other good prospects in Taron and Phillips...all in ONE draft while also having TRADED UP TWICE in the same draft.  I mean thats a pretty damn good first draft right now as they all look quite promising.  

YOU CANT FIX AN ENTIRE ROSTER IN ONE SEASON.  The only blunder was trading AJM and sticking with NP.  That being said, NP grossly outplayed AJM in the preseason and no one was willing to trade us an asset for NP, so he took the deal on the table to get an asset since they likely were gonna cut one of the QB's anyway. 

I just can NOT believe how many people are so out of whack right now with the reality of what really has transpired, where we are headed, and why.  I have been on this board for years watching people piss and moan daily about guys like Tyrod, Watkins, Woods all not being good, etc...how we need to tear it all down.  Now that we are truly rebuilding (and they have done a great job on the defense so far) all I hear is pissing and moaning about how we suck.  OF COURSE WE DO, you cant overhaul an entire roster in ONE DRAFT.  We were in cap hell, so we couldn't spend a ton in FA. That all changes next year, so freaking RELAX.  This board SUCKS right now, its so over the top and just unbearable right now.  Never seen so much misguided, non logical, and panic rhetoric in all the history of this board...and thats saying a lot 

Alright...

35 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Come on man, they all say they want to play for their current team for life. 

Maybe, but the Bills had options to keep him in the fold. The one they were certainly going to lose because he wanted to go back to Cali was Robert Woods. No fifth year option and franchising him would have been ludicrous. He was a goner for sure. SW could have been kept, plain and simple. 

The SKY is falling, the SKY is falling!!!!!

This offense hasn't been right in YEARS... who are you kidding? The players on offense needed to be changed out but we didn't have the salary cap room, but now we will. Give me a break with this Chicken Little crap when we have so much to work with in 2019. Our defense is set, and our offense now needs the help.

Stop with the it’s all part of the plan. He neeeds a longer leash. He inherited a crappy roster and cap hell. All just excuses. It’s one thing to lose. But to be record setting bad. Just the fact he still has peterman as his back up an is all we need to know. At any point he could have a number of upgrades. But his ego and stubbornness get in the way. Imagine if last night was a one score game when

anderson got hurt? He was again putting the game on peterman. Simply rudiculous. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They did not trade Glenn before Wood retired. 

EDIT: and it was McDermott who passed on Mahomes and Watson. Whaley was not running that draft. Presumably he did so because he wanted to wait until his GM was here before taking a QB. That is a logical reason but as an organisation that isn't a pass if it turns out long term to have been an error. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe, but the Bills had options to keep him in the fold. The one they were certainly going to lose because he wanted to go back to Cali was Robert Woods. No fifth year option and franchising him would have been ludicrous. He was a goner for sure. SW could have been kept, plain and simple. 

Sammy wasn't worth 14-16 million, plain and simple.  31st in yards,  42nd in YPC,  42nd in ypg, 44th in YAC, and we would have spent 14 mil on him making him the 4th highest cap hit this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best post. Should be pinned. Thank you. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

EDIT: and it was McDermott who passed on Mahomes and Watson. Whaley was not running that draft. Presumably he did so because he wanted to wait until his GM was here before taking a QB. That is a logical reason but as an organisation that isn't a pass if it turns out long term to have been an error. 

So what McD actually did was go with his strength and take a corner (because McD knows how to find corners) and punted on the QB

The result of this is now a uproar but it was understandable given the situation.

it is my hope that we spend extra money on the pro scouting and draft scouting of offensive players......bring in someone specifically for Josh Allen......and full court press to improve this offense.

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No offense Gunner, but did you even bother to read the title of this thread?  It says "BRANDON BEANE" deserves to be fired, not McD.  So once again, Mahomes and Watson have ZERO to do with this as Beane was still with Carolina at that time.

Second, I am tired of this fan narrative that insists McD, a first time HC, has some kind of absolute power in that draft with Whaley. Whaley was the GM, unless you show me proof McD has final authority of the draft, I dont want to hear about this anymore. More importantly, that draft was SCOUTED by WHALEYS team all year, McD had just gotten hear.  So all info, scouting reports, etc had been compiled by the Whaley regime for the past year.  So even if you want to believe the Bills gave a first time HC final authority over the draft, he was working with Whaleys team to make those decisions. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense Gunner, but did you even bother to read the title of this thread?  It says "BRANDON BEANE" deserves to be fired, not McD.  So once again, Mahomes and Watson have ZERO to do with this as Beane was still with Carolina at that time.

Second, I am tired of this fan narrative that insists McD, a first time HC, has some kind of absolute power in that draft with Whaley. Whaley was the GM, unless you show me proof McD has final authority of the draft, I dont want to hear about this anymore. More importantly, that draft was SCOUED by WHALEYS team all year, McD had just gotten hear.  So all info, scouting reports, etc had been compiled by the Whaley regime for the past year.  So even if you want to believe the Bills gave a first time HC final authority over the draft, he was working with Whaleys team to make those decisions. 

Dude!  You are on fire. These are two of the best posts I’ve read on here in a while. Thank you, sincerely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

Dude!  You are on fire. These are two of the best posts I’ve read on here in a while. Thank you, sincerely. 

Thanks...I am just fired up over the nonsense on this board.  Its so beyond ridiculous and illogical right now that I struggle to even come back...and I am a guy who comes to this board many times every day.  Ive been pondering leaving until the spring and draft time cuz its just so unbearable here right now.  Big fan of this board, but man its in the sh*tter right now like its never been before.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The systematic dismantling of one of the Bills' highest-producing offenses in franchise history, replacing it over two years with what is shaping up to be statistically the worst offense in the modern era - an incredible feat when you consider that offenses are scoring points at a record pace - cannot go unpunished.

Brandon Beane gutted the offense and has failed to draft or acquire a single quality player on that side of the ball.

Not one.

The 2017 WR group was the worst in the NFL - and they did absolutely nothing - NOTHING - to upgrade it.

The lack of talent on offense predictably led to the highly-invested QB getting seriously injured.  

There is no excuse for this - none.  Don't tell me they're "tanking" - no team tanks the year AFTER drafting their franchise QB.

Don't tell me they have cap problems and are "rebuilding" - those problems are self-imposed, and even if they were sound decisions (which is dubious), there is no excuse for failing to even attempt to acquire playmakers during the offseason.  Find some speedy gadget WRs and a James White-type scat back who can create mismatches.  Find me one - ONE tight end who can BLOCK, let alone occasionally get open and catch a pass.  Find me a guard who can move laterally without running into his own guys, or a right tackle who can at least attempt to execute a cut block without taking himself, and only himself, out of the play...

This offense is a shambles and it absolutely positively did not have to be.  No one expected this team to contend for the Super Bowl this season but fans act like there is nothing in between a Lombardi and the first overall draft pick - it just ain't so.

Brandon Beane's "solutions" at WR have included trading up for Zay Jones (if you want to put that draft on him - fine with me if you don't), trading Watkins, trading for Kelvin Benjamin, trading for Jordan Matthews, trading for Corey Coleman, signing Jeremy Kerley.

I would let Beane spend the day working the trade wire and, come 4:01 p.m., if the roster is not upgraded for 2019, I would fire him.  Why wait?  I suppose you could do the Bills-y thing and wait until Beane squanders $80M in salary cap room and 8 draft picks, but why saddle the next GM with that?  Get a head start now - once the trade deadline has come and gone, there really isn't much more for the GM to do until the offseason.  Now is the time to make the change.

And for those of you who want to tell me that it's really McD calling the shots - fine.  This will put him on notice.  He has no business making personnel decisions and screw the Pegulas for their nonsensical org chart - they want to piss away their $1B business, I guess that's their right.  They are clueless.  If they understood accountability, they'd tell McDermott he's going to be judged based upon Juan Castillo and David Culley and the rest of the bogus offensive coaching staff that McD hired.  But they probably won't.

Fire Beane, do it tomorrow morning, rip the bandaid off and move forward.

McD and Beane definitely DESERVE to be fired..........the performance wrt personnel and coaching hires has been awful.

The whole "made the playoffs" excuse isn't strong.........6-12 in their last 18 games.........worst offense in the modern era of the NFL in 2018............and a league full of their young/prime aged castoffs excelling elsewhere while their roster is depleted by their own hands..........it's been a sh*t-show since that 5-2 start.

But the biggest thing to me is that their operation is built around the idea that trying hard and doing what the HC tells you will yield results............and when you use that tact you better be able to scheme and coach up the team or they will stop trusting the process.

I certainly don't expect it to happen..........but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if they are fired if this turns into a 4-12 season or something of the like.

It happens.

Mularkey made the playoffs last year.........got fired.    Todd Haley won the AFC west at 10-6 his first year and got fired the next year at 5-8.    It's not by any means unheard of  to move on from poor performing HC/GM's after a mirage-season.

The key is who you choose to replace them.

I don't think even the most ardent McDermott fans thinks he's on par with the best HC's in the league...........so obviously they COULD do better.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

McD and Beane definitely DESERVE to be fired..........the performance wrt personnel and coaching hires has been awful.

The whole "made the playoffs" excuse isn't strong.........6-12 in their last 18 games.........worst offense in the modern era of the NFL in 2018............and a league full of their young/prime aged castoffs excelling elsewhere while their roster is depleted by their own hands..........it's been a sh*t-show since that 5-2 start.

But the biggest thing to me is that their operation is built around the idea that trying hard and doing what the HC tells you will yield results............and when you use that tact you better be able to scheme and coach up the team or they will stop trusting the process.

I certainly don't expect it to happen..........but I also wouldn't be terribly surprised if they are fired if this turns into a 4-12 season or something of the like.

It happens.

Mularkey made the playoffs last year.........got fired.    Todd Haley won the AFC west at 10-6 his first year and got fired the next year at 5-8.    It's not by any means unheard of  to move on from poor performing HC/GM's after a mirage-season.

The key is who you choose to replace them.

I don't think even the most ardent McDermott fans thinks he's on par with the best HC's in the league...........so obviously they COULD do better.  

I think the chances of them being fired are basically zero even if they go 2-14. I strongly believe that they have been given next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks...I am just fired up over the nonsense on this board.  Its so beyond ridiculous and illogical right now that I struggle to even come back...and I am a guy who comes to this board many times every day.  Ive been pondering leaving until the spring and draft time cuz its just so unbearable here right now.  Big fan of this board, but man its in the sh*tter right now like its never been before.

Weather the storm......this team is not going to win this year....we are going to be hearing this and worse all season

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I agree. I come back less and less often. Also often try and inject some reasonableness to the discussion, but then the mob just gets their pitchforks, torches, puts on their diapers and spew out the same nonsense over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I think the chances of them being fired are basically zero even if they go 2-14. I strongly believe that they have been given next year. 

I have been saying this but it falls on deaf ears.....if McD and Beane were TRULY on the hot seat moves would be being made RIGHT NOW

the two best trade targets at WR before the deadline just went to other teams....Deboll is still employed...this really tells you all you need to know about the situation

Just now, dubs said:

I agree. I come back less and less often. Also often try and inject some reasonableness to the discussion, but then the mob just gets their pitchforks, torches, puts on their diapers and spew out the same nonsense over and over again. 

I love the name calling in all of it as well.....should you even try to understand what the team is trying to do as a whole you get a whole basket full of names thown at you right now...the board is practically unreadable

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A lot of this is right, but Whaley had zero to do with the selecting in the 2017 draft. Zero. He had already been given notice, and there is no way that someone given notice is going to be left in charge of a draft. That's not how the world works.  Obviously Beane wasn't involved, but it was in fact McDermott who made the picks. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I will never understand hiring a coach before a GM.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Second, I am tired of this fan narrative that insists McD, a first time HC, has some kind of absolute power in that draft with Whaley. Whaley was the GM, unless you show me proof McD has final authority of the draft, I dont want to hear about this anymore. More importantly, that draft was SCOUTED by WHALEYS team all year, McD had just gotten hear.  So all info, scouting reports, etc had been compiled by the Whaley regime for the past year.  So even if you want to believe the Bills gave a first time HC final authority over the draft, he was working with Whaleys team to make those decisions. 

Again, execs who have been given notice (which Whaley had been given!!) do NOT keep the keys to the kingdom after notice has been served. Sure, he's working with Whaley's people, but also don't think for a second that he didn't consult with Beane, who was already rumored at the time to be on his way to Buffalo.  This isn't to knock anyone because the draft was reasonably solid, netting 3 solid starters (White, Dawkins, and Milano) and possibly a fourth (as a #3 receiver) in Jones, who looks like he might evolve into alright JAG (given his speed limitations). It's fair to criticize him for passing on Mahomes and Watson, but at the time most thought that the true great QB draft would be the 2018 one.  

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There was also no documented proof that Ralph fired Polian because he couldn't deal with his daughter Linda being involved in personnel and crossed the line when told her she was a C U Next Tuesday. 

Or that Littman had ANY impact whatsoever on the personnel decisions at OBD.

If you don't want to believe the obvious truth then that's your choice............the info didn't come out after the fact it's old news..........Doug frickin' Whaley's household was packed up in boxes before the draft..........his wings were clipped and the draft and FA decisions had McDNA all over them..........from not picking up Watkins option to picking players his new coaches wanted (Babich with Poyer and Jones with McGeoghan) to picking players Carolina outwardly claimed they had targeted and suspected McD had stolen their intel on.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The proof is that the team fired Whaley the next day. Either they had already decided the class sucked or it was clear he had no power and was being kept on to prevent him taking his scouting reports and appearing as a "consultant" elsewhere. 

Edited by GunnerBill

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There was also no documented proof that Ralph fired Polian because he couldn't deal with his daughter Linda being involved in personnel and crossed the line when told her she was a C U Next Tuesday. 

If you don't want to believe the obvious truth then that's your choice............the info didn't come out after the fact it's old news..........Doug frickin' Whaley's household was packed up in boxes before the draft..........his wings were clipped and the draft and FA decisions had McDNA all over them..........from not picking up Watkins option to picking players his new coaches wanted (Babich with Poyer and Jones with McGeoghan) to picking players Carolina outwardly claimed they had targeted and suspected McD had stolen their intel on.

That is correct. They jumped to #63, ahead of the Panthers at #64, to get Dion Dawkins, a player the Panthers reportedly liked. 

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Ok, so even if we take all you’ve put down as fact and extend that logic, how is this on Beane (or McD for that matter). Beane wasn’t here and you’re saying that McD should have had a great draft in ‘17 with a lame duck staff and GM when he’s a brand new coach who’s been on the job a couple months?  Got it. Makes sense. 

Just now, dubs said:

Ok, so even if we take all you’ve put down as fact and extend that logic, how is this on Beane (or McD for that matter). Beane wasn’t here and you’re saying that McD should have had a great draft in ‘17 with a lame duck staff and GM when he’s a brand new coach who’s been on the job a couple months?  Got it. Makes sense. 

Did Badol ever say the 2017 draft was bad? 

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think McD is safe for sure.  He's not a bad coach and seems to have a good rapport with the players.  He may be young enough to adapt and he's been part of quality organizations.  

Beane, on the other hand, should be on shakier ground.  He was hired to be McD's personnel guy - questionable enough, given that McD as a first-time coach didn't deserve to have that kind of reporting structure.  And perhaps it's time to strip McD of his personnel powers, given the state of the roster - which effectively means canning his personal personnel person.  That's what I would do.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I think McD is safe for sure.  He's not a bad coach and seems to have a good rapport with the players.  He may be young enough to adapt and he's been part of quality organizations.  

Beane, on the other hand, should be on shakier ground.  He was hired to be McD's personnel guy - questionable enough, given that McD as a first-time coach didn't deserve to have that kind of reporting structure.  And perhaps it's time to strip McD of his personnel powers, given the state of the roster - which effectively means canning his personal personnel person.  That's what I would do.

Well, it's way too soon to judge given that you need to see how the draft plays out.  This draft looks to be pretty solid so far, and it's inarguable that the defensive pickups outside of Mr. Retire-at-Halftime have been pretty good. Star has been really good of late, and Phillips looks like a terrific pickup who just happened to be in Adam Gase's exceptionally large doghouse (a place that every Dolphin seems to eventually wind up in). It'll come down to Allen, and no one here has any idea how that'll end. 

30 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I agree VERY LOW odds.........but not for the right reasons.

I think the Pegs are still tryna' figure out what they are doing and the next step in the learning curve is succumbing to the pressure to show patience for the sake of showing patience.

And truthfully...........they just might not be ready to even MAKE a better hire yet.

Might need more proof and pain.

Being a believer in Pegula run sports teams is like raising someone else's kid.........it requires an extraordinary amount of patience and understanding.

The hope is that they grow up to be a Michael Oher and it turns into a success story worth the struggle..............instead we appear to be getting Dorial Green Beckhams.

It was interesting at the game last night when Thurman called attention to the Pegula's there was a rather tepid applause.   

Fair or not the honeymoon is kinda' over..........people are wary of the absence of success that follows PS&E.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I agree VERY LOW odds.........but not for the right reasons.

I think the Pegs are still tryna' figure out what they are doing and the next step in the learning curve is succumbing to the pressure to show patience for the sake of showing patience.

And truthfully...........they just might not be ready to even MAKE a better hire yet.

Might need more proof and pain.

Being a believer in Pegula run sports teams is like raising someone else's kid.........it requires an extraordinary amount of patience and understanding.

The hope is that they grow up to be a Michael Oher and it turns into a success story worth the struggle..............instead we appear to be getting Dorial Green Beckhams.

It was interesting at the game last night when Thurman called attention to the Pegula's their was a rather tepid applause.   

Fair or not the honeymoon is kinda' over..........people are wary of the absence of success that follows PS&E.

Hilarious!

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense but this is just a bunch of nonsense... [GO BACK AND READ THE ORIGINAL] ...and thats saying a lot 

This is an excellent post and it brightened my day.  This place is well stocked with knee jerk reactions, uninformed opinions, baseless conjecture, and outright bs. You give me hope for humanity Alpha.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Lmao. 

Right. Because they couldn't have drafted a QB without trading Watkins and letting Woods and Goodwin walk, and trading Glenn.

Where the ***** do people come up with this stuff? 

This is what baffles me. It's like we HAD to rebuild, instead of just drafting 1 of 2 of QB's who look like franchise caliber that were available at 10..... And keeping the rest of the pieces.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, dubs said:

I feel ya brother

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The proof is that the team fired Whaley the next day. Either they had already decided the class sucked or it was clear he had no power and was being kept on to prevent him taking his scouting reports and appearing as a "consultant" elsewhere. 

Not only that, but I believe Matt Miller of BR stated Whaley was in love with Watson. If true, why didn't Whaley take him at 10? Because if true, he wasn't running the draft. McDermott and Pegula were heavily involved in the 2017 QB draft workouts. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Draft

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_what_buffalo_bills_sean_mcdermott_said_about_doug_whaleys_status.html

That's a bit of a departure from McDermott's answer the last few months, when he consistently praised Whaley and touted a strong working relationship. McDermott did credit Whaley and his staff for helping to orchestrate the Bills' blockbuster trade, but it was also clear McDermott was the one calling the shots. When asked whether the Bills considered trading down again at 27, McDermott spoke in the first person. 

"Yeah, we looked at a couple things," McDermott said. "I didn't feel or we didn't feel like it was right at this time. We looked at a couple of situations that were on the table as well at 27. We had a chance to get a good solid football player and I wasn't passing that up." 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You get those gems with BADOL - did you see the bit about Anderson's sleeve length being the same as Allen's?  Killed me.

I missed that one!

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Draft

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_what_buffalo_bills_sean_mcdermott_said_about_doug_whaleys_status.html

That's a bit of a departure from McDermott's answer the last few months, when he consistently praised Whaley and touted a strong working relationship. McDermott did credit Whaley and his staff for helping to orchestrate the Bills' blockbuster trade, but it was also clear McDermott was the one calling the shots. When asked whether the Bills considered trading down again at 27, McDermott spoke in the first person. 

"Yeah, we looked at a couple things," McDermott said. "I didn't feel or we didn't feel like it was right at this time. We looked at a couple of situations that were on the table as well at 27. We had a chance to get a good solid football player and I wasn't passing that up." 

Empirical evidence! Awesome, and thanks.