MNF Game day thread - Pats vs Bills

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

At this point the Bills have no reason to put Allen back on the field and risk injury.

Let him hold a clip board the rest of the year and hopefully he's a lot better next summer. 

Disagree, Let him on the field and learn to read a D. Sitting on sidelines afraid of an injury is weaksauce.

7 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

You can’t fire the entire offense. That dumpster fire of an offense is Beane and McDermott’s fault. Someone has to take the hit for not scoring a touchdown over 14 quarters and fielding the worst offense of the modern era.

We go through this all the time. There is no such thing as addition by subtraction. Firing Daboll is not a solution. We are going to spend a ton of resources on the offense next year and Daboll will be in year 2 of the same scheme with Allen entering his 2nd season too. You don't blow it all up halfway through the first season because Derek Anderson can't execute.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

At this point the Bills have no reason to put Allen back on the field and risk injury.

Let him hold a clip board the rest of the year and hopefully he's a lot better next summer. 

It’s hard to learn anything with this O. It would probably cause him to develop more bad habits.

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Why the F'k are they rubbing it in showing the NFL's offensive numbers. We are such a ***** show right now.

I was thinking the same thing- like they actually had a production meeting - "When the game is in hand in the 4th Q and the Bills haven't scored a TD, what clever graphic can we come up with that isn't guys paddling to their death over the Falls to troll the Bills?"  Kind of like the graphic that showed the makeup of the Bills roster and somehow turned into a haunted house.  

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Agree. 

This is has been a bane of the Bills existence forever. 

Going back to Anthony Thomas in the Dick Jauron years, that stupid sweep toss play.

Lose yards every time. 

It looked like like they were just winging it tonight. 

Goes hand in hand with not having a QB 

Just now, SCBills said:

To be a #2 who gets #1 targets.  I’d back the Brinks trucks up to Tyrell Williams door the second FA starts. 

Giving mediocre players huge contracts is the reason our roster is so terrible in 2018.

We''re paying for the mistakes the previous regime made in free agency by having to cut bad contracts and absorb dead cap space.

We need to pay people what they're worth. We also need to draft a lot better and get some real receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm going to scoop some pumpkin ice cream, go out to the garage, and listen to Mike Schopp and the Bulldog while sipping chamomile tea

That's where I'm at.... 

I’m on my third Resin IIPA of the night... only had three left in my 6-pack 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

Giving mediocre players huge contracts is the reason our roster is so terrible in 2018.

We''re paying for the mistakes the previous regime made in free agency by having to cut bad contracts and absorb dead cap space.

We need to pay people what they're worth. We also need to draft a lot better and get some real receivers. 

I think Tyrell Williams is worth the overpay. 

Just now, Fadingpain said:

It didn't help, but it's not why we lost and it's not even close to being why we lost.

We don't have a QB.

Did I say it was the only reason we lost?  The lack of a real QB is huge.  That's sort of obvious. 

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

No he wasn't. 

He was great against the Colts last year. He was great against the Saints when he came in for mop up duty (they weren't laying back on D either).

He was even good against the Texans other than the pick-6. I'm sick of people acting like he was terrible that game because of the pick-6. He was almost perfect before that throw. He was the reason we got the lead in the first place after Allen played awful.

Alrighty then.