Terrelle Pryor in Buffalo! Update: He's signing!

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Why did the Jets release him?

He, Anderson and Enuwa were all banged up and they needed a roster spot to bring a guy in. The numbers basically necessitated one of the injured guys needed to go. Anderson is part of their future, they seem keen to try and re-sign Enuwa so he was the odd man out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He won us a national championship by literally just reaching in and taking the ball back from Shawn Taylor!!!! 

plus he’s a good guy now and doing great things. I also may have owned a Free Maurice  (that was pre-hashtags) t shirt back in 2003 and wore it proudly to the big  nc state game  when he was supposed to be reinstated ... that was so long ago Phil Rivers was the QB. And we won! 

Actually, the National Championship was won because of a ridiculous PI call 7 seconds after the play was over at which point Miami should have won, thus deflating the Hurricanes psyche.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

From what I understand, they released him to make room because he hurt his groin - but they would likely get him back if no one scoops him up.  I think his groin is still bad, though.

A lot of Jets fans are upset from what I read. 

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Raiders, Seahawks, Browns, Washington, Jets all passed.  Not sure what he brings to Bills.  Diva-esque, doesn't block and hasn't done squat the past few years.  Speed/size ratio good but unless KB is sent packing don't see him playing anytime soon

You’re not sure what he brings to the table?

Maybe....just MAYBE, something a little better than what we currently have? I know it’s shocking we’d be looking at Pryor considering the plethora of All Pro’s we have at WR.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You’re not sure what he brings to the table?

Maybe....just MAYBE, something a little better than what we currently have? I know it’s shocking we’d be looking at Pryor considering the plethora of All Pro’s we have at WR.....

Had one good year 2016.  Nothing since.  KB numbers are even better - LOL.  

BTW deduct 5 points for use of "plethora" - sorry it's a pet peeve!

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

From what I understand, they released him to make room because he hurt his groin - but they would likely get him back if no one scoops him up.  I think his groin is still bad, though.

.....he did and he PO'ed Bowles by discussing his injury with the media..............

9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Had one good year 2016.  Nothing since.  KB numbers are even better - LOL.  

BTW deduct 5 points for use of "plethora" - sorry it's a pet peeve!

2016 is the only year he has been a full time starter.

He has mainly filled a WR3/4 role.

KBs is a WR1/2.

Edited by ColoradoBills

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

2016 is the only year he has been a full time starter.

He has mainly filled a WR3/4 role.

KBs is a WR1/2.

Redskins expected much more in 2017 and he turned down $32mm over 4 years from Browns for a one year $8mm deal from Redskins.  So both teams saw him as a #2 WR from a contract offer standpoint

Maybe he brings something. Maybe he doesn't.  Either way, everyone and their brother knew Buffalo was sorely lacking at WR entering the season.  Signing Pryor is akin to the dumpster diving Buffalo needed to do more often than not during the DJ era.  Back then, the Bills had been so thin to begin with, experienced injuries, and then was forced to sign street free agents who got significant playing time.

The difference now is that those Bills teams from 06-09 were hampered by ownership which didn't want to spend. Now, it's because the GM/HC placed themselves in cap purgatory and didn't have the resources to improve an area vastly lacking.