Derek Anderson's expected time in Buffalo - not too long by this statement

The truth most likely is that by the time he was signed his family is already settled and his kids may be in some kind of pre-school.  He's not going to make everyone move for a few months. He has the off-season to talk with his family and decide if he wants to play in Buffalo. This gives him time to feel out the city, bring his wife and kids out for a weekend or two, then decide what is in the best interest of the family for next year. A million or two goes a long way into living a comfortable life.

Edited by BillsRdue

I don't like the guy. Beane/McD were obviously in desperation when picking him up but he has a ***** attitude and he really did not want to be here in the first place.

he's collecting a check and unfortunately will likely be here for the remainder of the season. hopefully we only have to see him on the field until the bye although it will certainly depend on allens return which I'm seeing may be in december now?

their choice of bringing him in put a damper on my trust they can even build an offense but I'll give them this off season to get it right before I start calling for their heads.

24 minutes ago, Foxx said:

ummm... was he signed for 5 years or just for the rest of this year?

Nathan Peterman Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $2,639,499
Signing Bonus $239,499
Average Salary $659,875
Total Guarantees $239,499
Guaranteed at Signing $239,499
Free Agent: 2021 / UFA

misread your quote.

Derek Anderson signed a 1 year, $1,073,530 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $58,530 signing bonus, $58,530 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of$1,073,530. In 2018, Anderson will earn a base salary of $716,471 and a signing bonus of $58,530, while carrying a cap hit of $503,236.

Edited by no name

11 minutes ago, no name said:

... Derek Anderson signed a 1 year, $1,073,530 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $58,530 signing bonus, $58,530 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of$1,073,530. In 2018, Anderson will earn a base salary of $716,471 and a signing bonus of $58,530, while carrying a cap hit of $503,236.

there you go... be kind of silly to move your family for what... a 3 month commitment.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm guessing he knows its only for a season. 

Leaving a family behind versus moving and moving again.  

Thoughts ?

What, you wanted him to buy a house in Buffalo for his wife and three little kids so they could sell it in January?

The point is that right now he is undistractedly trying to help this team win.

Everyone knows he's not coming back next year.

23 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

What, you wanted him to buy a house in Buffalo for his wife and three little kids so they could sell it in January?

The point is that right now he is undistractedly trying to help this team win.

Everyone knows he's not coming back next year.

Agree. Thought it was a no brainer myself, but that's just me. I mean the guy came out of retirement. Fully didn't expect him to be back another year.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thoughts ?

....I'd bet he did this as a "favor" to the begging McBeane for his premature gaffe of trading McCarron for that "envious and coveted" 5th.....FWIW, McCarron is a less experienced vet presence but 7 years younger.....vet minimum is $1.015 mil for >10 years but not guaranteed after first game....so he is paid on a per game basis at $63,437.50 per week....so he is here for two more months and then back to the couch....in the mean time, he'd be on the roster for 11 weeks for $697, 812.50 which get him through the winter IMO.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Thoughts ?

As long as he doesn’t want to retire I could see Anderson being Allen’s backup for the next 3-5 years.

• Haha (+1) 2