Derek Anderson's expected time in Buffalo - not too long by this statement

I'm guessing he only has a contract for this season, but I'm not ruling out his presence next season.  I don't think the Bills are certain of their plan for Anderson, because they may npot be certain of their plan for Peterman.  Personally, I think the Bills will probably let Peterman go after the season.  If they do, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer Derek Anderson a 2 year deal to stick around as backup QB and mentor to Josh Allen.  I just don't think their ready to set it in stone.  Therefore, it would be premature for Anderson to transplant his family.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Orton was better

he had a nice slide.

and that turtle move is still untouchable after all this time !

8 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

"I'll be right with you guys," then he grabbed the remaining items in his locker and walked out. Hasn't been heard from since lol. 

Class act. setting the bar

4 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Some needs to teach Allen to protect himself like Mahomes. Mahomes takes off running and is looking down field and then run out of bounds. I know our O-Line is horrid but the coach needs to teach Allen to protect himself and win games with his arm.

Allen was hurt in the pocket - but whatever... ?

1 hour ago, JPP said:

Well it shouldnt be a surprise...he was plucked away from his vacation in a desperation move by this organization......McD seems to know only ex Carolina players but anyways.......if he survives this season than either way 100% he is not going to come back as he shouldnt.....it would be very bad for his health........so far this team has no creativity whatsoever at trying to build up this offense....

You do know they worked out other QBs before talking to him... they knew he worked very well with Cam Newton.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

If our QB situation remains so messed up he is needed beyond this season, someone is going to be fired.

If they go into next season with Anderson as the primary alternative to Allen, then someone needs to be fired. Maybe everybody.

Edited by vincec

I think you're seeing something that's not there.

Of course he moved without his family. He had to be there the next day. And the kids were in school. And he's got a one-year contract and no guarantee after that. Why would he move his family?

But if the Bills like him, they could give him another contract. There's nothing in anything that he's said that would preclude that.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I mean go balls out to win every game no matter what.

A Sunday when we win is a whole lotta fun.  A lot more than when we lose.   I want the Bills to win as many as they can.  I don't want to take my medicine and have a lot less fun by losing for a couple of years for a possible maybe.  Maybe you do.  If so, this is your year.  Reminds me of the BS line my Mom fed me about if I was good Santa would bring me more gifts.

I just don't think a team has to tanK and dump good players and suck for a few years to be good.  I don't think it works very often.  

Fair enough. It doesn't work very often.

Just more often than any other method of becoming unsucky.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, no name said:

Derek Anderson signed a 1 year, $1,073,530 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $58,530 signing bonus, $58,530 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of$1,073,530. In 2018, Anderson will earn a base salary of $716,471 and a signing bonus of $58,530, while carrying a cap hit of $503,236.

How come is cap hit is lower then his salary+bonus? Isn't this just a one year contract? 

But you know, at over 750K for a few months I would arrange for my family to come over unless the kids' schooling prevent it. Just rent something fairly cheap - no need to sell his house and move. Per NFL standards he's paid peanuts. For real life? 750K ain't bad at all!

6 hours ago, no name said:

I don't like the guy. Beane/McD were obviously in desperation when picking him up but he has a ***** attitude and he really did not want to be here in the first place.

he's collecting a check and unfortunately will likely be here for the remainder of the season. hopefully we only have to see him on the field until the bye although it will certainly depend on allens return which I'm seeing may be in december now?

their choice of bringing him in put a damper on my trust they can even build an offense but I'll give them this off season to get it right before I start calling for their heads.

Nathan Peterman Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus

Contract: 4 yr(s) / $2,639,499
Signing Bonus $239,499
Average Salary $659,875
Total Guarantees $239,499
Guaranteed at Signing $239,499
Free Agent: 2021 / UFA

misread your quote.

Derek Anderson signed a 1 year, $1,073,530 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $58,530 signing bonus, $58,530 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of$1,073,530. In 2018, Anderson will earn a base salary of $716,471 and a signing bonus of $58,530, while carrying a cap hit of $503,236.

Huh, I see it completely differently. He left his family to get completely beat up for a relatively low salary. There was no real plan for him to start yet the worst happened, and now he's currently getting his ass kicked for the franchise and saying the right things while it happens. It's not going to be enjoyable football but the dude is being a complete professional and actually limiting the total embarrassment that this franchise could be going through right now.

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

He is getting paid about $75K a week..

Not much money for putting his body on the line in what is pretty much a lost cause..

Let’s hope he doesn’t do another Vontae Davis..

75k a week isn't a lot of money?

What?

Just now, Nelius said:

Huh, I see it completely differently. He left his family to get completely beat up for a relatively low salary. There was no real plan for him to start yet the worst happened, and now he's currently getting his ass kicked for the franchise and saying the right things while it happens. It's not going to be enjoyable football but the dude is being a complete professional and actually limiting the total embarrassment that this franchise could be going through right now.

Low salary? 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

What?

It's all relative.

Compared to younger quarterbacks who won't get his as much...no, it's really not.

What?

Low salary? 

Yes, dude, we get it. Far more than you or me or anybody who actually works for a living, but when it comes to playing QB in professional football, it is absolutely a low salary.

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

It's all relative.

Compared to younger quarterbacks who won't get his as much...no, it's really not.

Yes, dude, we get it. Far more than you or me or anybody who actually works for a living, but when it comes to playing QB in professional football, it is absolutely a low salary.

He's a back up, and bad at his job. Just because Aaron Rodgers or Kirk Cousins make a ton more, doesn't make it a relatively low salary.

He's relatively bad at his job.

You don't get it. At all.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

He's a back up, and bad at his job. Just because Aaron Rodgers or Kirk Cousins make a ton more, doesn't make it a relatively low salary.

He's relatively bad at his job.

You don't get it. At all.

But he's not a backup anymore.

He's getting his ass kicked as one of the lowest paid quarterbacks in the league.

Calm down, Francis. I constantly see you getting all emotional in these threads. I'm sorry that we apparently disagree on the insanely unimportant topic of Derek Anderson's salary...

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I'm guessing he knows its only for a season. 

Leaving a family behind versus moving and moving again.  

Thoughts ?

Why would he be here more than a season?

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

But he's not a backup anymore.

He's getting his ass kicked as one of the lowest paid quarterbacks in the league.

Calm down, Francis. I constantly see you getting all emotional in these threads. I'm sorry that we apparently disagree on the insanely unimportant topic of Derek Anderson's salary...

He should have negotiated for this I guess? He pretty much held all the power when negotiating with the Bills. He's not remotely underpaid.

I'll ignore your other crap. I guess we should all think alike and not respond to each others opinions on a messageboards.