McDermott's Locker Room Victory Speech

Just now, Misterbluesky said:

How refreshing to see Lawson play like he really cared...hopefully,he's finally pain free and healthy.Acupuncture is much better than a numbing needle....

Lawson has done well this season when he has played. 

• Like (+1) 2

Idiot on the radio was bemoaning the fact that Allen was NOT dropping back to pass all day and today was just wasted on running which the league doesn't do anymore and we should be just like the rams.

can't even stand GR anymore.

Now There is a place that's needs a regime change. (Sal is the only good one)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Idiot on the radio was bemoaning the fact that Allen was NOT dropping back to pass all day and today was just wasted on running which the league doesn't do anymore and we should be just like the rams.

can't even stand GR anymore.NOT

It's almost like winning the game has no meaning anymore. Style points are all that matter.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I’ll translate: 

“Oh my god! You did it! You found the worlds best cup of coffee! Congratulations!” 

Elf reference. 

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

How refreshing to see Lawson play like he really cared...hopefully,he's finally pain free and healthy.Acupuncture is much better than a numbing needle....

Did he ever play like he DIDNT care? 

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Good weekend for the owner finally

This ain’t a sprint. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

can't even stand GR anymore.

Loose and they complained that they didnt run. Win and they complained that they would rather see what Josh has and loose

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say when he addresses the team, he looks pretty well doing it. It makes me understand how they keep playing for him despite blow outs or even questionable decisions.

I know that really seems like a backhanded compliment, and it is. But that's not my intent at all. He just seems like he can really reach his team when I see videos like this. Giving Shaq the gameball was a great moment. All 3 were, but it just showed another level of empathy or understanding that doesn't appear always from the outside. 

• Like (+1) 2

Every week it's the same, "stay the course"  or "fire McBeane."  This FO is staying put and banking on riding the Josh Allen train. And nothing is going to change unless and until we see if Allen is the real deal or not.  So embrace the process and on to Houston.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lawson has done well this season when he has played. 

Today's game was probably his best as a Bill so far, even without the forced fumble (that was his FF, right?).

33 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did anyone inform McD that the win was unsatisfying? 

But it was a "culture" win...we wouldn't understand.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

How can ppl hate McDermott? You can see the tight ship he runs, players clearly respect and love him , from day 1 I've said he reminds me of a natural head coach,  this is what he's supposed to be doing . I just love his vision and the way he treats his players , i think he'll be successful for the long term . We got a gem in McD, I've said it before and I'll say it again!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ok why Terry R?.......

...because he was fired from Tennessee's staff very recently, when Vrabel was hired. (I think I'm right on this one.) 

Same reason Leslie Frazier was celebrated after the victory in Minnesota. 

3 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

In a year with absolute awful kicking throughout the league, you appreciate Hauscha a lot more.

btw, what player was offsides today on a kick-off?

Lacey. Same guy who had another bad special teams play before downing that critical punt inside the 5.

3 hours ago, Fixxxer said:

In a year with absolute awful kicking throughout the league, you appreciate Hauscha a lot more.

Hauschka was seriously one of the best pickups we could possibly have had. His release was as baffling as Dallas getting rid of Bailey, he had like one lousy game in Seattle and they axed him, one game and there were players that missed more kicks today than he did in that bad game. The kicking game is often under appreciated there is a reason these teams retain a good kicker when they get one. When you’ve got a player that’s almost automatic like Tucker, Vinatieri, Bryant, Bailey or any of those elite level kickers... it certainly feels good to not worry as much about those kicks doesn’t it? 

1 minute ago, yrly said:

Hauschka was seriously one of the best pickups we could possibly have had. His release was as baffling as Dallas getting rid of Bailey, he had like one lousy game in Seattle and they axed him, one game and there were players that missed more kicks today than he did in that bad game. The kicking game is often under appreciated there is a reason these teams retain a good kicker when they get one. When you’ve got a player that’s almost automatic like Tucker, Vinatieri, Bryant, Bailey or any of those elite level kickers... it certainly feels good to not worry as much about those kicks doesn’t it? 

He wasn't released. He got to UFA and the Bills signed him. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He wasn't released. He got to UFA and the Bills signed him. 

Seattle probably could have resigned him though, I don’t think they wanted him after he botched like 2 or 3 kicks in that one game they lost.