Josh Allen is the piece just need players around him

4 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

I don’t hate him. Just being honest about today. No reason to think anything else other than that 

I would like to see how you talk when you hate on a player. Sheesh.

2 hours ago, PeterDude said:

He is a piece all right...

And you are right there with him.

4 hours ago, kbarrettb said:

What positive did he have today? I said positive he’s a better runner than he is a qb. He didn’t do anything positive throwing the ball today 

And that tells me up know very little about football. They wanted Allen to stay within himself. He did what they asked. Get over it. You are like a brouen record. Did your woman leave you or something? 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You didn't think today was bad? Wow. He was. Look the point with him was he was raw and needed a lot of development. So we don't know after 5 weeks and we might not know after 16 weeks. But so far it is 1 average game, 1 good game and then two bad ones back to back. 

Yeah he was bad.  

That sequence where he threw two terrible passes in a row to Benjamin was particularly disheartening.

But you don't get better passing the ball by handing it off and throwing it behind the LOS either.

This could end up being something of a wasted developmental year for Allen.

His first 4 starts have gone by in the blink of an eye with very little passing.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah he was bad.  

That sequence where he threw two terrible passes in a row to Benjamin was particularly disheartening.

But you don't get better passing the ball by handing it off and throwing it behind the LOS either.

This could end up being something of a wasted developmental year for Allen.

His first 4 starts have gone by in the blink of an eye with very little passing.

He's getting a ton of experience regardless of his passing attempts.  Everything from practice reps to running the huddle is valuable.

And it's hard to imagine that quarterbacking a game winning drive, regardless of the mode of attack, isn't a positive for Josh's development.  Minnesota was a big positive as well.  Lets pump the brakes on the early criticism.  

10 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

He's getting a ton of experience regardless of his passing attempts.  Everything from practice reps to running the huddle is valuable.

And it's hard to imagine that quarterbacking a game winning drive, regardless of the mode of attack, isn't a positive for Josh's development.  Minnesota was a big positive as well.  Lets pump the brakes on the early criticism.  

JP Losman looked to be making huge strides playing conservative football under Jauron in year 1 of that era too.

It was a lot of running and deep shots off of play action.........and optically he had a really good year.

But the Bills also had a very good pass defense that created a lot of turnovers that helped them execute their Jauron Ball.

That offseason they traded and let a lot of those defenders walk.

And so they then needed JP to be more of a passer and all that "experience" playing not-to-lose proved to be a COMPLETE waste of time.

You get better passing the football by passing the football.

8 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

Allen is about to be replaced by Derek Anderson, in 2018. Allen was bad today, and it's obvious that Daboll has zero confidence in him based on the play calling.

The day I reach this point of drunk is the day I need to go to AA.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He played his best ball in the 4th quarter which is encouraging. He made 2 excellent passes in a row and unfortunately Holmes caused the 2nd to be a pick. I would have liked to see how that drive turned out. 

I like that Daboll took the offense out of Allen's hands today. Bring him along slowly and let him get into a rhythm. The offense should run through Shady and Ivory.

I'm not a fan of the play designs where Allen immediately runs out of the pocket to his right. Defenses are keyed into that and it isn't working.

We didn't take a single deep shot this game. I wonder if that was by design or if we just didn't get the right defensive looks.

We're not going to be taking any more deep shots the rest of the season nor should we. Foster is completely unreliable and can't catch a cold and it's not worth the risk considering we have no one else on this roster who is a deep threat. We're just going to have to settle for short quick reads mid-range passes on hooks and outs and hope that our running game is consistent until we get more reinforcements next season. This is the worst Buffalo Bill wide receiver unit in the history of the franchise and it's not even close.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

You didn't think today was bad? Wow. He was. Look the point with him was he was raw and needed a lot of development. So we don't know after 5 weeks and we might not know after 16 weeks. But so far it is 1 average game, 1 good game and then two bad ones back to back. 

He actually made the necessary throws to win the game.   The passes to the RBs was on time and helped move the sticks especially in the final drive.  Tell me which of his throws were real bad. The one I saw was to Benjamin on the 3rd down...That was very low. 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The day I reach this point of drunk is the day I need to go to AA.

Some people still seem to have not seen the follow up tweet - which, let me tell you, is a LOT of fun...

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not going to be taking any more deep shots the rest of the season nor should we. Foster is completely unreliable and can't catch a cold and it's not worth the risk considering we have no one else on this roster who is a deep threat. We're just going to have to settle for short quick reads mid-range passes on hooks and outs and hope that our running game is consistent until we get more reinforcements next season. This is the worst Buffalo Bill wide receiver unit in the history of the franchise and it's not even close.

The flea flicker was fun! Just a shame no one bit. At least allen was aware he had to place it in a spot where his guy wld be the only one with a shot. Sadly it went to KB, so no one really ever had a shot...but u get the point

Edited by gobills1212

5 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

And that tells me up know very little about football. They wanted Allen to stay within himself. He did what they asked. Get over it. You are like a brouen record. Did your woman leave you or something? 

English hard?

8 hours ago, IronyAbounds said:

It's silly for anyone to say Allen will be a bust or a franchise QB at this point. There is not enough data and what data exists is mixed at best. Today's game was won by the defense, and the +2 in turnovers. I really don't see how anyone can say Allen's overall game contributed to the win. His stats were exactly the type that people roasted Taylor and Manuel over. Nonetheless, he didn't make a mistake that cost the Bills the game. It's just going to take time to sort out. I'm happy to take the win and move on. If the Bills can squeak out another win before the midway point, maybe then can go 6-2 down the stretch and see if 9-7 gets them in. It's a long shot, but things look better than they did after week 2, particularly on defense.

You cannot see how his overall game contributed to the win.  Who scored the only TD of the game?

This is the problem with drafting a young QB.  People roast him no matter what.  The kid is, actually, a kid.  He is learning.  Yesterday he showed progress over the Packers game.  He threw the ball away several times instead of taking sacks.  If you watch him from the pocket, when he has time to set up he actually is pretty accurate, although he need to still work on his shorter passes.  He was much more decisive on where he wanted to go with the ball.  It seems clear his teammates are behind him.  And for the first time in a long time a Bills offense had a last 2 min rally, came down the field, and won the game.

I was a Rosen guy myself.  But he is struggling as well.  He was 10-25 yesterday and almost half his yards were on one pass to a wide open guy downfield.  And if I were a Cards fan I wouldn't roast him either.  Although I'm sure some are there.

The four QBs drafted early round one are doing just what you'd expect.  Developing.  Some good some bad.  They all won games yesterday.  Good for them.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

So this basically was his first big moment in the NFL....a chance to lead the team to a come from behind victory.....against a hot team.....where he easily could have tried to do to much and lost the game for us....

No, you're right.  Let's anoint him as the savior now.  We haven't had a QB recently who ever had a 4th Q comeback.  EJ Manuel never did that, Tyrod Taylor never did that.  Those 2 swing passes and handoffs are the foundations of a dynasty I tells ya.  We got it right this time for sure.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

No, you're right.  Let's anoint him as the savior now.  We haven't had a QB recently who ever had a 4th Q comeback.  EJ Manuel never did that, Tyrod Taylor never did that.  Those 2 swing passes and handoffs are the foundations of a dynasty I tells ya.  We got it right this time for sure.

Nobody said savior....nobody

But also saying that he did nothing is also not true