Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had a QB coach.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had an OC who has ever developed a young QB.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had an offensive minded HC.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had a bunch of good WR and OL who help Josh out.

But we don't, and don't, and don't, and don't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had a QB coach.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had an OC who has ever developed a young QB.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had an offensive minded HC.

Maybe it wouldn't mean anything IF we had a bunch of good WR and OL who help Josh out.

But we don't, and don't, and don't, and don't.

...so other than those few minor points, we should be in pretty good shape, right?...........

7 hours ago, HOF4LOU said:

Remind me who mentored Kelly? U got it or u don't. 

He learned to adjust to the pro game playing two seasons in the USFL.

5 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Anderson is perfect mentor for Allen. Anderson was known for his strong arm. Similar playing styles

And played for Daboll in Cleveland.

8 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

I actually love that. Need an actual veteran to mentor Josh Allen. 

Yeah, why does it take the Bills so long to act on suggestions from this board?  We've been saying that since they traded McCarron.  We've also been saying they need to give Shady more touches.  They finally do it today and Zingo! it works and they get a win.

This board has a lot of good ideas.  McBeane need to act on them sooner.  Is another trade for a WR coming soon?

• Haha (+1) 1

Thank God! 

A move like this should've happened BEFORE the season started, but I'll take it now. Only problem would be if Josh gets yanked & replaced with Anderson.

I'd have preferred a veteran start this season over Allen, but at this point the only way I'd play Anderson is if Allen goes down with injury. If you pull him, you're going to see a Losman/Holcomb situation all over again. You'll be killing Allen's confidence, stifling development, and causing a split in the locker room, as Anderson will definitely be able to move the ball better.

But hopefully he can provide as a mentor, and that McDermott doesn't start feeling the pressure to make the playoffs in spite of developing Allen.