Watching game on a phone?

I'll be working in Ellicottville this weekend and the only tv I'll have access to will be using an antenna.  CBS doesn't come in where we will be. 

Are there any apps that will stream the game on an android phone if I'm "in market"?  Sunday ticket doesn't show the local games.  My Directv app doesn't have local cbs. 

I am a subscriber to DirecTV Now which is an all streaming platform, it is my only source of TV/Cable.

It allows you 2 streams at a time and you can stream all the channels wherever you are on any device (TV App, Phone, Computer, tablet etc...) Apparently they allow you to watch local channels wherever you go but I am not sure on the NFL in licensing agreements. But Ellicottville would be in market.

However this cost $40/month for cheapest package I am not sure if you subscribe then quit if you get a partial credit or not.

• Like (+1) 1

Bojangles

I have Sunday Ticket at my primary residence and another Directv subscription at a vacation home. I refuse to pay for TWO Sunday Ticket packages and Directv refused to give it to me at the vacation home even though I told them I can’t possibly watch both TVs at the same time with them being 100 miles apart. Your response intrigued me. Is there another way to watch the games from the vacation home? Off my primary subscription? On my TV? Or does it need to be over the Internet?

• Like (+1) 1

There are plenty of livestreams available on the interwebs. Go on reddit, r/nflstreams.

Sometimes takes a couple tries to get a good one, but this past sunday I watched the entire Bills/Packers game, and the quality was as good as it was when I had the ticket last year.

• Like (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I am a subscriber to DirecTV Now which is an all streaming platform, it is my only source of TV/Cable.

It allows you 2 streams at a time and you can stream all the channels wherever you are on any device (TV App, Phone, Computer, tablet etc...) Apparently they allow you to watch local channels wherever you go but I am not sure on the NFL in licensing agreements. But Ellicottville would be in market.

However this cost $40/month for cheapest package I am not sure if you subscribe then quit if you get a partial credit or not.

Gonna have to look into Directv now. I think that was the problem last time. The regular Directv app didn't work and we needed that. 

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Gonna have to look into Directv now. I think that was the problem last time. The regular Directv app didn't work and we needed that. 

Its a good value. I dropped spectrum and only use them for internet. You have to bump up the plan to a more expensive plan if you want MSG or NFL Network, but other than that it has all the main channels and all the locals, and there is a cloud DVR feature.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I'll be working in Ellicottville this weekend and the only tv I'll have access to will be using an antenna.  CBS doesn't come in where we will be. 

Are there any apps that will stream the game on an android phone if I'm "in market"?  Sunday ticket doesn't show the local games.  My Directv app doesn't have local cbs. 

Do you have Sunday Ticket?

download the Sunday Ticket App

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not sure if the blackout may apply.  

As of Wednesday evening, my DirecTV guide still didn't list the Bills game as the one to be shown by my local (Rochester) CBS station.

This one might be blacked out, peeps.

13 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

google reddit nfl stream. 

find the bills vs titans link

choose one of the links that says Mobile: Yes. 

i do it most weeks from my phone. 

• Like (+1) 2

Download Yahoo Sports app. You can watch games live that are locally broadcasted plus the national games. I live in Syracuse and get every Bills game on it as long as I’m in the local broadcast area. 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CLTbills said:

There are plenty of livestreams available on the interwebs. Go on reddit, r/nflstreams.

Sometimes takes a couple tries to get a good one, but this past sunday I watched the entire Bills/Packers game, and the quality was as good as it was when I had the ticket last year.

I normally look for the Buffstreams links, they usually do pretty good for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Did you find it on Reddit?

The only stream I got last week had an ad right in the middle of the screen. You can't see the ball. It's actually kind of interesting when you focus your attention on the rest of the play, but still...

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The NFL app let's you watch any national game or games on your local channels. But in Ellicottville, would you be considered to be local to Buffalo or Erie, PA?

I lived in Erie for 28 years. Because of the proximity of the stadium Erie was considered part of the Buffalo Market.  As I recall though, home games were frequently not broadcast there.  Away games were carried...much to the chagrin of Steeler fans.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

This is what I do sometimes when needed. Usually works like a charm...

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I lived in Erie for 28 years. Because of the proximity of the stadium Erie was considered part of the Buffalo Market.  As I recall though, home games were frequently not broadcast there.  Away games were carried...much to the chagrin of Steeler fans.

Erie is the crossroads between 3 NFL markets, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. So while they get a lot of Bills games, it's not guaranteed.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Erie is the crossroads between 3 NFL markets, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo. So while they get a lot of Bills games, it's not guaranteed.

I know, but despite the fan base being largely Steelers oriented, Erie is officially in Buffalo' s market.  If the Bills were on the road, there games were carried.   Steelers fans hated the contractual obligation of the local network affiliate to carry the Bills games.  I of course loved it, being a Bills fan.

20 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

You're good

Screenshot_2018-10-05-14-38-36-1.png

I've noticed the 506 maps lately all have a dot over Erie.  I wonder if maybe there's an Erieite involved in putting those maps together

35 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I know, but despite the fan base being largely Steelers oriented, Erie is officially in Buffalo' s market.  If the Bills were on the road, there games were carried.   Steelers fans hated the contractual obligation of the local network affiliate to carry the Bills games.  I of course loved it, being a Bills fan.

Erie is in Buffalo's market but WSEE and Fox66 can request a change to over to the Steelers or Browns on a weekly basis.

23 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

If you do the Reddit thing, make sure your Antivirus and Antimalware are all up to date.  Reddit doesn't host the streams they just link to other sites that have been known to sneak malware into their webapges and streams.  I run a packet sniffer on my router called Snort that blocks all kinds of nasty schitt from some of these sites

41 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Erie is in Buffalo's market but WSEE and Fox66 can request a change to over to the Steelers or Browns on a weekly basis.

They can, but they rarely if ever got it, at least in the 28 years I was there.  It especially bothered a lot of fans when they requested viewing of the Steelers vs Browns games, since that was 90% of the viewer fan base.   I left in 2014 so I don't know if things have changed much.  The NFL made some changes to blackout rules in the past few years, so maybe they softened the viewing contracts as well...although I believe, since they were in Buffalo's market, the Bills would have to agree.

4 hours ago, jkeerie said:

They can, but they rarely if ever got it, at least in the 28 years I was there.  It especially bothered a lot of fans when they requested viewing of the Steelers vs Browns games, since that was 90% of the viewer fan base.   I left in 2014 so I don't know if things have changed much.  The NFL made some changes to blackout rules in the past few years, so maybe they softened the viewing contracts as well...although I believe, since they were in Buffalo's market, the Bills would have to agree.

CBS and the league can always turn the down.  So they don't do it often because they don't want to overplay that card. 

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

CBS and the league can always turn the down.  So they don't do it often because they don't want to overplay that card. 

They also want folks to purchase Sunday ticket or subscribe to the service at NFL. com.