2018 TO 2019 ROSTER

Tatonka68

Take your pick:

5. OG Michael Jordan, Soph. Ohio State

At 6-7 and 312 pounds, Jordan is like a big offensive tackle working at guard. With his massive size and his run blocking ability – he erases everything in front of him – he’s ready for the NFL now. But he’ll have to wait one more year. For now, he’ll get to blast away for one of the nation’s best backfields.

4. OG Beau Benzschawel, Sr. Wisconsin

Go ahead and throw the names of all five Badger offensive linemen in a bag, pull one out, and you might just have the best blocker in college football. The 6-4, 317-pound versatile Benzschawel could kick outside at tackle if needed, but he has locked down the right guard spot for the last few years. He’ll join Michael Deiter to give the Badgers the best interior blockers in college football.

3. OG Nate Herbig, Jr. Stanford

Gigantic, the 6-4, 348-pounder is very big, very strong, and very good at carrying the weight well. The best interior blocker on another great Cardinal line, it’s just job to do the heavy lifting for Bryce Love and the great ground game. If needed, he can move to center, too, but he’ll be too tough to replace at guard.

2. C Ross Pierschbacher, Sr. Alabama

While he’s not the star that Jonah Williams is at tackle, the 6-4, 301-pounder is the leader of another great front five. Able to play guard, he’ll end up starting at center after earning all-star honors last year. He started out his career as a smallish but terrific starter at left guard, and that’s where he’ll likely be at the next level. But some teams will try him out at center, too.

1. OT/OG Michael Deiter, Sr. Wisconsin

There might be better guards, better centers, and better tackles, but no one is better at being a possible all-star at any of the three positions. He could be a next-level left tackle option with a bit more work – he started on the outside last year – or he can be a star at left guard.

At 6-6 and 321 pounds, he’s got the prerequisite mass for a Badger blocker, and now he’ll dominate on the inside. If needed, he’ll move one step over and see time at center, too – which is where he’ll likely end up playing in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A RB as the Bills' 1st round pick. :doh:

....not a chance......update on Love anyway....

The talented running back, and 2017 Heisman finalist was supposed to be the catalyst for the Stanford Cardinal offense. Instead, it has been tough sledding for Bryce Love. Entering the season as the betting favorite for the Heisman comes with lofty expectations. Love simply has failed to meet those while battling injuries.

He left Saturday’s game with another ankle injury, not helping his cause. Even before the injury he only had 73 yards on 17 carries. Notre Dame is a talented front but Love needs better production than that. He’s only averaging four yards per carry, down from over eight in 2017. Love needs to get healthy and put up some big performances to keep his RB1 dream alive.

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Latest Picks at Quarter Mark of NFL Season

October 2, 2018-Matt Miller

BUFFALO BILLS-#9

The Pick: David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin

With two selections in the first round of the 2018 draft, the Buffalo Bills added starting quarterback Josh Allen and a starting linebacker in Tremaine Edmunds. Now the job is to finish reloading a roster that one scout told me is the worst in the NFL. Addressing the offensive line is next. 

In many ways, David Edwards is similar to Mike McGlinchey in last year's draft class. Coming out of a pro-style offense, he's viewed as a plug-and-play right tackle with the tools to potentially see action on the left side in some schemes. That made McGlinchey a top-10 pick and could push Edwards into the top 10 this year as teams look for pass protectors who can make impacts immediately.

The Bills have a good left tackle in Dion Dawkins. Pairing him with Edwards will give Allen and the entire offense a whole new comfort level.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798505-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-latest-picks-at-quarter-mark-of-nfl-season#slide9

8 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

2018                                           2019

QB Josh Allen                          QB Josh Allen

RB McCoy                                RB Bryce Love Stanford (Bills 1st round pick, traded down from top 5 and pick up 2nd pick)

WR Kelvin Benjamin              WR Anthony Johnson UB (Bills 2nd round pick)

WR Zay Jones                        WR Stanley Morgan JR Nebraska (Bills 3rd round pick) Zay Jones 3rd Receiver

TE Charles Clay                     TE Charles clay

LT Dion Dawkins                    LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ducasse Vladimir            LG Chance Warmack (free agent)

C Ryan Groy                             C Jesse Burkett Stanford (Bills 2nd round pick)

RG John Miller                        RG John Miller

RT Jordan Mills                      RT Jordan Mills

Big Difference, young guns on offense. McCoy will be gone.

I think they will move on from Clay as well; not enough production for his cost, and I believe his cap # finally makes it doable. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

why is Teller not playing now is my question...seemed good in college at protecting passer and decent in pre-season

I think he needs a year in an NFL conditioning program to change his body type a bit and lighten his feet.  I also think he lunges a bit more than they'd like. As the NFL moves more and more to pass heavy offenses, the interior D-line men are changing from the 370lb mountains to quick pass rushing 300 lbs. You could put him in, but one rookie mistake could get your shiny new QB injured. I think he has a very good shot at being a long time high level player, I just think he's not quite ready yet, which is why he was a fifth rounder. The future looks bright for him, though. He has really good power/strength and seems like a "Process" kind of guy.

The best way to tell where he is would be to see who the first guy off the bench is if, God forbid, one of the Guards goes down for a play or two.

7 hours ago, H2o said:

I would like to see us add Tevin Coleman from Atlanta at RB. I just can't see Atlanta paying both he and Freeman. I also think Coleman wants to be the featured guy somewhere. I would like to see us go after Quincy Enunwa, John Brown, and Randall Cobb at WR hoping to get 2 of the 3. I'd like to see us make a run at Josh Hill and/or possibly Maxx Williams at TE. Get a couple solid veteran OL'men(C and G). Draft a couple more young WR's and OL'men with the first 5 picks and then go BPA. 

I think Coleman will definitely be leaving Atlanta. I don't see how any team can justify paying two backs good money these days and they just drafted another back this year to fill his role when he walks. He and Enunwa are the top guys I would be after, maybe John Brown too. 

2 hours ago, mabden said:

Take your pick:

At 6-7 and 312 pounds, Jordan is like a big offensive tackle working at guard. With his massive size and his run blocking ability – he erases everything in front of him – he’s ready for the NFL now. But he’ll have to wait one more year. For now, he’ll get to blast away for one of the nation’s best backfields.

Go ahead and throw the names of all five Badger offensive linemen in a bag, pull one out, and you might just have the best blocker in college football. The 6-4, 317-pound versatile Benzschawel could kick outside at tackle if needed, but he has locked down the right guard spot for the last few years. He’ll join Michael Deiter to give the Badgers the best interior blockers in college football.

Gigantic, the 6-4, 348-pounder is very big, very strong, and very good at carrying the weight well. The best interior blocker on another great Cardinal line, it’s just job to do the heavy lifting for Bryce Love and the great ground game. If needed, he can move to center, too, but he’ll be too tough to replace at guard.

While he’s not the star that Jonah Williams is at tackle, the 6-4, 301-pounder is the leader of another great front five. Able to play guard, he’ll end up starting at center after earning all-star honors last year. He started out his career as a smallish but terrific starter at left guard, and that’s where he’ll likely be at the next level. But some teams will try him out at center, too.

There might be better guards, better centers, and better tackles, but no one is better at being a possible all-star at any of the three positions. He could be a next-level left tackle option with a bit more work – he started on the outside last year – or he can be a star at left guard.

At 6-6 and 321 pounds, he’s got the prerequisite mass for a Badger blocker, and now he’ll dominate on the inside. If needed, he’ll move one step over and see time at center, too – which is where he’ll likely end up playing in the NFL.

Thank you sir .. may I have another

I think we've proven over and over again we can get production out of the RB position without using a day one pick.  Overall better coaching will get better production.  Also you don't have to use a ton of early picks to draft decent WR's.  You just have to have a decent front office and scouting.   No one I can think of is surprised Kupp is an excellent WR and he went in the 3rd round.  Sometimes also things just don't work out.  I thought/hoped Zay would be great. 

3 hours ago, mabden said:

Take your pick:

ill have all of them please

You want Mills and Miller back? Also, I'll be furious if they waste a 1st round pick on a RB. Why would you keep Miller over Ducasse anyways? Only 1 new starter FA on offense with $100,000,000 in cap space? I just don't see anything close to this scenario playing out.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Move Dawkins to RT.

Draft 1st round LT and C (after trade down).

Teller one OG, fill in the other. OG with best left over.

OL is fixed after round 1.

(1) DL, (1) LB, (1) CB, (1) RB throughout the rest of the draft (plus depth)

FA... 2 WR(s)

I'd make 1 exception or addition. We need a very good CB to start opposite White. I'd like to use some of that cap space to address both WR and CB. I agree 100% on trading down and using our day 1 pick(s) on a LT and C. I'd like to add another G to compete as well.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

I think we've proven over and over again we can get production out of the RB position without using a day one pick.  Overall better coaching will get better production.  Also you don't have to use a ton of early picks to draft decent WR's.  You just have to have a decent front office and scouting.   No one I can think of is surprised Kupp is an excellent WR and he went in the 3rd round.  Sometimes also things just don't work out.  I thought/hoped Zay would be great. 

Zay still has a chance. Kupp s good because of the other WR talent around him. Kupp wouldn't be a #1 WR, he's a good route runner, but is open because he gets mismatches. With such a poor WR corps, Zay can't get the same advantages Cupp can. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Zay still has a chance. Kupp s good because of the other WR talent around him. Kupp wouldn't be a #1 WR, he's a good route runner, but is open because he gets mismatches. With such a poor WR corps, Zay can't get the same advantages Cupp can. 

Cupp is better than any WR we have had since Moulds.  Yet another WR we missed

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Just because you got TSA Precheck last time does not make me trust you! 

Funny, I flew out of Appleton WI yesterday and I was literally the only passenger in sight going through security. I was TSA Precheck cleared, but then randomly chosen for the hands up routine. They kept apologizing, and I was still the only person in sight! I had flown in from ATL, where they had as many people as Lambeau holds trying to get through security. I was there, and they all wanted to talk to me. I got to the bar and found a few of our peeps. I bet @NewEra had a similar experience. Tiny airports have advantages. 

Thank god they had a bar there!!  

P.s.  you should’ve gone with the Turkey Club.  It was pretty good.  Those pretzel nuggets reminded me of Kelvin Benjamin’s hands.  Greasy!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Watkins90 said:

I do see some of what you are saying but counterpoint that Kupp absolutely could put up big numbers in a system like the Patriots or Saints.  Kupp put up 18 catches and 302 yards while Woods was injured.   Coaching and QB make a big difference.  Woods and Kupp are basicaly interchangeable.  Woods is miles better than anyone we are currently suiting up.  That's half the reason we still had a decent passing attack without Watkins in 2015 because we still had Woods and Hogan.  If we had Woods and Hogan now, neither of which is an elite number 1, we would be way better off and still not killing our cap.  All that said my point is that Kupp is pretty damn good and Zay IS getting open.  He drops a ton and Allen isn't seeing him.  Allen should keep getting better.  I am legitimately concerned Zay isn't going to stop dropping passes.

18 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

2018                                           2019

QB Josh Allen                          QB Josh Allen

RB McCoy                                RB Bryce Love Stanford (Bills 1st round pick, traded down from top 5 and pick up 2nd pick)

WR Kelvin Benjamin              WR Anthony Johnson UB (Bills 2nd round pick)

WR Zay Jones                        WR Stanley Morgan JR Nebraska (Bills 3rd round pick) Zay Jones 3rd Receiver

TE Charles Clay                     TE Charles clay

LT Dion Dawkins                    LT Dion Dawkins

LG Ducasse Vladimir            LG Chance Warmack (free agent)

C Ryan Groy                             C Jesse Burkett Stanford (Bills 2nd round pick)

RG John Miller                        RG John Miller

RT Jordan Mills                      RT Jordan Mills

Big Difference, young guns on offense. McCoy will be gone.

I appreciate the spirit with this, but if even one of these things happens wrt changes, please repost.