Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Just now, oldmanfan said:

And I'm sure you'll jump right back on the bandwagon when they play better, right?

Because I chose to do something else on my Sundays this season makes me a bandwagon fan.  Whatever man.  

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

It’s an exhausting quality of the board lately.

either “Whaley’s fault” or “but playoffs” from a  relatively large cross section of posters on darn near anything that’s not glowingly positive 

Facts are difficult things for some.  Like blaming Beane for Woods leaving in free agency when he wasn't even here.

i continue to say this:  McD and Beane have a plan and I will judge their success or failure on how they carry out their plan.  They picked their QB and next year can bring in a tonbofbguys.  If they picked the right QB and get the right guys they'll succeed.  If not then they'll be looking for work.  As it should be.

hardly "glowingly positive".

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

Because I chose to do something else on my Sundays this season makes me a bandwagon fan.  Whatever man.  

Not now.  When you jump back on in a year.  And we'll welcome you back.

23 hours ago, twist_to_open said:

They were saying the same thing about Deshaun Watson last year as they are about Mahomes this year and now crickets, let's give all these guys a year or two.....

Maybe you should pay attention to the rest of the NFL since Watson has been playing well on a pretty crappy team.  He's thrown for 300+ yards in his last three games, and for the season he's thrown for 1246 yards with 7 TDs, 4 INTs, 62.2% completions, and a QB rating of 93.5.  He's also been sacked 17 times (he was only sacked 19 times in 7 games in 2017).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Maybe you should pay attention to the rest of the NFL since Watson has been playing well on a pretty crappy team.  He's thrown for 300+ yards in his last three games, and for the season he's thrown for 1246 yards with 7 TDs, 4 INTs, 62.2% completions, and a QB rating of 93.5.  He's also been sacked 17 times (he was only sacked 19 times in 7 games in 2017).

I don't understand how the Texans are crappy.  I mean they are, it just doesn't make sense to me.  Legit WR in Hopkins, a bunch of pass rushers.   And they had all of that going into the offseason, if they needed OL or secondary or LBs they could have gotten them and been a legitimate contender.   What is holding that team back?   

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

This crap needs to stop.  Woods left in March 2017.  When Whaley was there.  Beane started May 2017.

Whaley could have resigned him if Woods had wanted to sign.  Beane wasn't here when he left.

Beane has absolutely nothing to do with Woods.

Beane had nothing to do with Woods, but Whaley was utterly powerless the day McDermott was hited and wasn't making any decisions. That you can be assured of.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

My point isnt about being negative...its about lumping 20 years onto owners who were not part of the 20 years and a front office and coaching staff that were not part of those 20 years.  It has no relevancy of any kind to the this current team.  

Rebuilds take time...but because of past regimes failures, people dont want to give time.  That is unrealistic and impossible to achieve.  We wont know how good or bad this regime is for at least 2 years until we see how this years draft class and next years FA and Draft class do.  

How is this sorry clown show of McDermott and Beane any different than the previous incompetent regimes over the last 20 years?  The names and faces have changed -- even the ownership -- but the asshats running the team are still making the same kinds of stupid decisions that nurtured the 17 year drought.  

"Rebuild" implies that a team was good at one time.  A 9-7 season with a lucky playoff appearance does not qualify as "good".  The last time the Bills won more than 9 games in the same season was 1999.  This is the longest running "rebuild" in history.

10 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Many of us said and we started threads about Mahomes. I stated that he should go number 1 over all. I stated I would trade the Bills entire draft to move up to number 1 to draft him. This is a fact, I was posting as billsareback and I started the thread during that draft season. Me and Jeffsmagic were ridiculed and attacked. Jeffsmagic quit the forum over it. We both stated mahomes would win super bowls and make the chiefs the dominate team in the AFC for the next 10 years. Shame on you or anyone else saying no one saw this. We called our shot we said he was generational and the next Farve before he was drafted. Any one else who says anything different is lying. 

The kid has all of 4 games of experience this season.  You're ready to declare your prognostication as absolute? Goodness, Nostradamus has nothing on some of you. 

Let's see how he fares against a Jacksonville defense which a is just a little better than what's he's faced in weeks 1-4.  That is, unless you are busy obtaining his measurements for his HOF jacket already. 

Edited by BillsVet

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Beane had nothing to do with Woods, but Whaley was utterly powerless the day McDermott was hited and wasn't making any decisions. That you can be assured of.

McDermott is running this team.  He hired his own GM.  It’s crazy how much power we gave a first time head coach.

35 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The kid has all of 4 games of experience this season.  You're ready to declare your prognostication as absolute? Goodness, Nostradamus has nothing on some of you. 

Let's see how he fares against a Jacksonville defense which a is just a little better than what's he's faced in weeks 1-4.  That is, unless you are busy obtaining his measurements for his HOF jacket already. 

Von Miller and the Broncos were all up in his kitchen.     

Its okay to admit he’s awesome.  

• Like (+1) 1

For a better idea of what Mahomes would look like on this team, look at how Russell Wilson is struggling this season and last. And he's a 6 year vet with a Super Bowl win. Mahomes would be struggling badly on this current team with no OL and no WRs. His success does not come in a vacuum. It's silly and illogical to argue any of it would carry over.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:18 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

How the Chiefs were built to take over the AFC West from the Broncos

DENVER -- The events of Nov. 15, 2015, at Denver's Mile High Stadium felt at the time like temporary relief for the Kansas City Chiefs. They ended years of frustration by finally breaking through against their longtime tormentors and AFC West bullies, the Denver Broncos.

The Chiefs ended a seven-game game losing streak against the Broncos that day with a 29-13 victory. For added measure, they intercepted Peyton Manning four times before he was pulled from the game in what would be the future Hall of Fame quarterback's last game against the Chiefs.

The feeling of beating the Broncos looked to be fleeting. The Chiefs, despite the victory, watched as the Broncos eventually claimed a fifth straight AFC West championship and the franchise's third Super Bowl victory.

But that day's developments remain significant. They served as a turning point for the Chiefs and the AFC West as a whole.

Ladies and gentlemen, esteemed individuals of this fine establishment known as Two Bills Drive... I would like to report that I have indeed been fired over Mahomes. It's been a great run but all mediocre things must come to an end and today is that day. 

If anyone needs me, I'll be crying into my Josh Allen Kool-Aid cup.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 10/1/2018 at 11:05 PM, Klaista2k said:

Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

I agree. 

The Bears traded a lot to move up to 2 and take Trubisky, fire that front office.

49'ers pre-JG trade took a DE, Fired!

Jag's are bitching about BB, and took a dime a dozen RB...Gone!

Jets took a safety over PM!  See ya!

Chargers don't have many years left with Rivers...buh bye!

On 10/2/2018 at 1:06 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your viewpoint. 

My point is that if the Bills had drafted Mahomes and thrown him into the fire last year then onto this year with this crew around him, would he currently be perceived as a franchise QB?   Perhaps you own great working infrared hindsight googles.  Mine appear to be busted, but my Magic 8 ball says "perhaps not"

I have my own long list of "puzzling personnel decisions by McBeane and Co", and certainly the way the QB situation and draft were handled is on the list.  

I just don't believe one can look at the success of Mahomes in KC and realistically look at the situation here, and believe we'd be seeing close to the same performance.  YMMV

They would have started Taylor last year, no?