Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Didn't say McDermott can't coach. Evaluation of talent with him is where I'm scratching my head. 

This team by design over the past two years has been stripped. And also by design they absorbed a gargantuan cap hit in one year instead of spreading it out. Whether you and the other frustrated fans don't want to admit this is a full blown rebuild. This year was going to be a tough year. It was unavoidable. The issue comes down to whether this regime is capable of smartly utilizing the future assets (cap space and full complement of picks) that they have accumulated in the not too distant future. 

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Why take shots at me? We're both fans of the same team, I see you attack other Bills fans quite regularly, it's a poor reflection of who you are, not me.

Robert Woods is good enough to be Jared Goffs #1 WR, don't think Allen could use him? Don't think we could use Sammy Watkins either? Good enough for Andy Reid and the Chiefs. Both good enough for two of the games brightest coaches and their young QBs. I want those guys for our young QB.

Bob woods isn’t #1 and neither wis Watkins. Do better. We wouldn’t HAVE a qb if not for the Watkins trade. Oh wait. This is the part where you go full miss Cleo and tell me you knew that Mahomes was the second coming of football Jesus?

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This fanbase, man. 

Worst in the NFL

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It's very hard for me to get, like we couldn't use Robert Woods, Sammy Watkins, Cordy Glenn, Ronald Darby, Nickell Robey or Nick O'Leary right now.

Lets stay grounded in reality here:

1. Woods left on his own as a FA and his deal was looked at as "rich".  And for all the Woods love, keep in mind he still had less than 800 yards receiving last year, just like he did with the Bills.  
  2. Sammy was not ever going to resign here because we were NOT going to pay him $16m a year.  Trading him was a BIG win for this FO, because we got a 2nd and a player for a guy who 100% was going to leave because we were not going to compete with the price he got. 

Additionally, Glenn was a guy who wasn't making a big difference here in relation to his health and contract size.  Darby was a guy coming off a rough year and has had ups and downs with Philly, but we got fair compensation back for a guy coming off a bad year and they didn't feel fit this scheme.  Nick O'Leary?  How does he make this offense any better right now?  Cuz he wouldn't.  Robey also was not a guy that had made much of an impact here before he was a FA.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Woods left on his own as a FA and his deal was looked at as "rich".  And for all the Woods love, keep in mind he still had less than 800 yards receiving last year, just like he did with the Bills.  
  2. Sammy was not ever going to resign here because we were NOT going to pay him $16m a year.  Trading him was a BIG win for this FO, because we got a 2nd and a player for a guy who 100% was going to leave because we were not going to compete with the price he got. 

Additionally, Glenn was a guy who wasn't making a big difference here in relation to his health and contract size.  Darby was a guy coming off a rough year and has had ups and downs with Philly, but we got fair compensation back for a guy coming off a bad year and they didn't feel fit this scheme.  Nick O'Leary?  How does he make this offense any better right now?  Cuz he wouldn't.  Robey also was not a guy that had made much of an impact here before he was a FA.  

Sanity on an insane board.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Bob woods isn’t #1 and neither wis Watkins. Do better. We wouldn’t HAVE a qb if not for the Watkins trade. Oh wait. This is the part where you go full miss Cleo and tell me you knew that Mahomes was the second coming of football Jesus?

Worst in the NFL

It’s hilairous how you have become Promo.  King of the Homers! Attack those who don’t worship at McBeane’s feet!

you laughed and said it couldn’t get worse than Tyrod.  132 passing yards/ game!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Is Andre Holmes and Zay Jones better? Think for yourself, don't be a yes man. If we made the right decisions we wouldn't be getting pummeled into a bloody pulp.

I did like Mahomes, but of course we didn't draft him because we wanted to keep our emasculated and castrated GM for another year. If Andy Reid wants to trade up with you for a QB, it probably means that QB is good. Andy Reid is one of the best, doesn't take a Miss Chloe to see that, I think Stevie Wonder could see that.

Sit down.

Edited by NewDayBills

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s hilairous how you have become Promo.  King of the Homers! Attack those who don’t worship at McBeane’s feet!

you laughed and said it couldn’t get worse than Tyrod.  132 passing yards/ game!

No, I attack those with garbage takes. Look at you pining for the golden days of Tyrod yore. Sad, man. Let it go

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well said.  I loved making he playoffs.  Great party and it was cool to see a playoff game with my team, as bad as that game was.  

But in a league seeing record scoring, we are averaging 132 yards passing!  We should just give that a pass?

My point is that it's too early to talk about averages, or predict how the team's going to look by week 12, or moan about how we should have taken Mahomes instead of Allen. There just isn't enough data to draw any of these kind of conclusions, not for passing YPG, not for Allen v Mahomes, or the FO's job security. First rule about which studies/papers/people to ignore are the ones who build hypotheses around sample sizes that can't support them.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Is Andre Holmes and Zay Jones better? Think for yourself, don't be a yes man. If we made the right decisions we wouldn't be getting pummeled into a bloody pulp.

I did like Mahomes, but of course we didn't draft him because we wanted to keep out emasculated and castrated GM for another year. If Andy Reid wants to trade up with you for a QB, it probably means that QB is good. Andy Reid is one of the best, doesn't take a Miss Chloe to see that, I think Stevie Wonder could see that.

Sit down.

Who’s being a yes man? I’m just begging ownership not to cater to the whims of a capricious, uneducated and impatient fan base. See a !@#$ing plan through for a change.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Glenn at LT with Dawkins at RT was the right move, period. Glenn was a road grader and a good LT for a long time. We essentially replaced him instead of stacking the line.

The problem with Buffalo is we just let good guys go, we are the farm team for the NFL. Woods, Watkins, Glenn, Darby and Robey will have long careers elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well said.  I loved making he playoffs.  Great party and it was cool to see a playoff game with my team, as bad as that game was.  

But in a league seeing record scoring, we are averaging 132 yards passing!  We should just give that a pass?

I don't think we should give them a pass, but we should cut them some slack.

McBeane and co have actually tried to revamp the WR group and RB group.  This originally wasn't an issue of effort.  Since they arrived, they:

Let Woods go, drafted Zay high - Total flat out bust.  He was supposed to be a Woods replacement player, not a star but a quality starter/emergency #1.  He wasn't an undraftable talent that we took in the 2nd when he would've went in the 7th.  He was going to be somebodies bust, we got unlucky.  Woods was leaving at that price tag and at that time, I would have let him walk too.

Let Gillislee go, signed Tolbert, let Tolbert go, sign Ivory - got a decent pick for Gillislee for short term pain, but righted the ship with Ivory who has a role and is a clear #2 RB.  I didn't agree with letting TD Mike go, but Milano is solid, and they let Tolbert go finally.

Let Goodwin go, tried to sign a reliable #3 vet - Holmes was a flier, Boldin was a RZ target/#3, Maclin was pursued, Kerleywas eventually acquired.  They tried here, Holmes ended up being an STer, Boldin was dead, and Maclin said no !@#$ing thanks.  No reason to think they couldn't adequately replace Goodwin in FA, but somehow...

Traded Watkins, traded for Benjamin - Hard decision here.  I think they screwed up by not picking up Sammy's option, which left them with a WR who was going to hit FA. They needed a #1 caliber under contract for Allen's or the eventual QB heir's rookie year.  Benjamin proved to not be that guy.  I think he's worse than we all expected though.  Hard to give them a pass for this one, but there's definitely a difference between the player they bought and the player they got.

My biggest concern right now is that McBeane is not actively pursuing WR talent TODAY.  They appear to have given up.  We hear how they are scouring for DE's, for CB's, hell they even scoured for TE's.  I'd be bringing in 5 UDFA WR's at a time and a practice squad QB and just have them catch 50 balls on the field a day.  

They got burned, horrendously, on the WR group and have stopped looking.  I don't like that.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

No, I attack those with garbage takes. Look at you pining for the golden days of Tyrod yore. Sad, man. Let it go

Right now, we aren’t even close to Tyrod levels.  That’s the problem. 

You’re the guy who is so happy to get a date, you will take a 4.  I’m the guy who dates 7s but want to upgrade to a 10.  If that makes me a terrible fan, I’m fine with that.  2 5s don’t equal a 10 Joe. :)

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Who’s being a yes man? I’m just begging ownership not to cater to the whims of a capricious, uneducated and impatient fan base. See a !@#$ing plan through for a change.

You are a sheep, no free thought, you just gobble it up. Plan my !@#$ing ass, 1-3 and your plan sucks dick.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Worst in the NFL

Is the worst poster on TBD qualified to make that call?  Is this a "takes one to know one" type situation?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re the guy who is so happy to get a date, you will take a 4.  I’m the guy who dates 7s but want to upgrade to a 10.  If that makes me a terrible fan, I’m fine with that.  2 5s don’t equal a 10 Joe. :)

But 5 2's....

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who are you kidding ? ?

7s....haaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

You are a sheep, no free thought, you just gobble it up. Plan my !@#$ing ass, 1-3 and your plan sucks dick.

You seem upset. Did Marcy run out of wine?

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Glenn at LT with Dawkins at RT was the right move, period. Glenn was a road grader and a good LT for a long time. We essentially replaced him instead of stacking the line.

The problem with Buffalo is we just let good guys go, we are the farm team for the NFL. Woods, Watkins, Glenn, Darby and Robey will have long careers elsewhere.

A pet peeve of mine is saying that when a free agent signs elsewhere that the team he left let him go.  Woods was an FA.  

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

And almost all for different teams, with their own caps, team needs, and philosophies.  It's not like all 5 are on the Pats right now.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

A pet peeve of mine is saying that when a free agent signs elsewhere that the team he left let him go.  Woods was an FA.  

Isn't it the norm though from this team? Not signing our drafts picks after or before the rookie contract is up? I hope continuity at the FO resolves this problem.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

No, I just cannot tolerate BS. We will be picking top 10. Plan? PLAN?

Yes.

this is a strip down and rebuild. It’s OBVIOUS. 

Either you can’t grasp the simple plan, or you disagree with it and are just throwing a tantrum. 

I’m hoping it’s the latter and not the former. But it’s a thin hope.

Edited by joesixpack