Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Murphy and Star look like wasted money. Bodine blows. 

Trading for Coleman and then cutting him. Signing and then trading Newhouse.

Signing McCarron, trading him and replacing him with a guy who should be starting his new career outside of football by now which has forced a raw rookie into the lineup. 

Like I said, their evaluation of talent, more so offensive talent to this point has been suspect at best. 

Star may be a little overpaid but he fulfills his role by plugging up the middle. What he does can not be judged through stats. Murphy is a solid player. I have no problem with that acquisition. Newhouse was a one year stop gap reserve lineman, and McCarron was also at best a stop back qb. The Bills took a gander on Coleman and it didn't work out. The salary we absorbed was easily handled. 

What you failed to mention is that this regime draft their franchise qb. For the past generation other regimes couldn't accomplish that. The regime made a lot of deals to get that essential position addressed. It took a lot of chips to accomplish that but hopefully Allen is the player who will become our franchise qb for a long time. 

No question that from a talent standpoint this franchise took a step back. But it was a purposeful step back to better position the team to significantly improve over the next year or two. You don't have to agree with everything that has been done. But from my vantage point most of their moves make sense in a rebuilding project. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Isn't it the norm though from this team? Not signing our drafts picks after or before the rookie contract is up? I hope continuity at the FO resolves this problem.

Woods (in Buffalo) actually is the exact player you don't want to overpay when you're building a championship roster.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Star may be a little overpaid but he fulfills his role by plugging up the middle. What he does can not be judged through stats. Murphy is a solid player. I have no problem with that acquisition. Newhouse was a one year stop gap reserve lineman, and McCarron was also at best a stop back qb. The Bills took a gander on Coleman and it didn't work out. The salary we absorbed was easily handled. 

What you failed to mention is that this regime draft their franchise qb. For the past generation other regimes couldn't accomplish that. The regime made a lot of deals to get that essential position addressed. It took a lot of chips to accomplish that but hopefully Allen is the player who will become our franchise qb for a long time. 

No question that from a talent standpoint this franchise took a step back. But it was a purposeful step back to better position the team to significantly improve over the next year or two. You don't have to agree with everything that has been done. But from my vantage point most of their moves make sense in a rebuilding project. 

This. Eloquent and correct.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Yes.

this is a strip down and rebuild. It’s OBVIOUS. 

Either you can’t grasp the simple plan, or you disagree with it and are just throwing a tantrum. 

I’m hoping it’s the latter and not the former. But it’s a thin hope.

Then why sign old ass vets like Tolbert, Davis, Boldin?  Why extend Eric Wood past his usefulness last year?  Why short term moves in a long term plan?  Unless, of course, they have a short term goal they are failing.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yes.

this is a strip down and rebuild. It’s OBVIOUS. 

Either you can’t grasp the simple plan, or you disagree with it and are just throwing a tantrum. 

I’m hoping it’s the latter and not the former. But it’s a thin hope.

We have a defensive coach and literally all our assets went towards defense, no help at all went to offense, NOTHING. The #7 overall pick has no help at all because our defensive guru !@#$ing brilliant mastermind head coach needs a god damn All-Pro at every position to field a decent defense.

Edited by NewDayBills

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Then why sign old ass vets like Tolbert, Davis, Boldin?  Why extend Eric Wood past his usefulness last year?  Why short term moves in a long term plan?  Unless, of course, they have a short term goal they are failing.

Really? You’re going to ding them on Wood for not knowing about his neck? Ridiculous. The others are stopgaps 

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Isn't it the norm though from this team? Not signing our drafts picks after or before the rookie contract is up? I hope continuity at the FO resolves this problem.

I hope so as well.  Sometimes though other factors come into play.  Woods for example.  I understood he wanted to get back to the West coast.

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Woods (in Buffalo) actually is the exact player you don't want to overpay when you're building a championship roster.

Woods for $6 million if you have a good qb is great value.  The Bills had the perfect receiving core 3 years ago.  Whaley sucks. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

No, I just cannot tolerate BS. We will be picking top 10. Plan? PLAN?

The plan- step one get a bunch of bad contracts out. Guys who didn't fit. Maybe some didn't like getting rid of Dareus Watkins et al, but tough. Clearing cap for season after that next. Darby upgraded via White. Kept enough pieces to make playoffs for first time in 2 decades. Step two draft franchise QB and franchise MLB. Done and done. Prepare to let go aging RB, TE in offseason and have a shitload of cap space to work with thanks to step 1. Stay reasonably competitive while having rookie QB+LB take their lumps. Oh wait...a bunch of fans are peeved at being 1-3. Suddenly it's just a lot of trees and not a forest?? Gimme a break dude, maybe it will work and maybe it won't but there's no way you don't see WHAT they're trying to do. Whether they CAN or not remains to be seen but the 'McBeane doesn't know what they're doing' thing is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

We have a defensive coach and literally all our assets went towards defense, no help at all went to offense, NOTHING. The #7 overall pick has no help at all because our defensive guru !@#$ing brilliant mastermind head coach needs a god damn All-Pro at every position to field a decent defense.

Now, now, it’ll be ok. I’m here to help. You see, it’s kind of apparent to people with eyes that they wished to focus on defense first. I have faith that they’ll address offense in the upcoming offseason.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whaley sucks. 

Look at you go! Finally a correct take!

Just now, Real McCoy said:

But with the Rams it's ok? :P

Yes.  The Rams made a bunch of short term moves before their stars' cap hits balloon.

They will lose some serious talent in the next two years. Especially as they maneuver to afford Goff's fifth year option.  Woods will be a cap casualty.

And, we would've had to pay Woods more than them.

Really? You’re going to ding them on Wood for not knowing about his neck? Ridiculous. The others are stopgaps 

Nope.  I'm going ding them for extending an old ass center through 2019 (!) at $8M per.  

Just now, NewDayBills said:

Nobody Circles the Drain like the Buffalo BILLS! ?

That’s it. Cry it out, you’ll feel right as rain. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

Nope.  I'm going ding them for extending an old ass center through 2019 (!) at $8M per.  

A27E74A0-50F2-4C53-8756-6F3F90FBC79A.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Woods for $6 million if you have a good qb is great value.  The Bills had the perfect receiving core 3 years ago.  Whaley sucks. 

We didn't have a good QB.  We still might not.

I am a huge fan of Robert Woods and what he brings to the table.  I would have liked to keep him, in a perfect situation.  But team-building philosophy dictates that you do not lock up a 600 yard per season WR as an offensive cornerstone.  He doesn't move the needle enough. When you're close, he's a good piece.  When you're far away, he costs too much for too little gain.

That’s it. Cry it out, you’ll feel right as rain. 

A27E74A0-50F2-4C53-8756-6F3F90FBC79A.jpeg

This is why you're worst poster on the board. You're the vocal idiots in a "we are legion" situation. They are all vocally annoying but they are really 100 posters with a bad opinion each.  You're 1 poster with 1000 bad opinions.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Ok, fire McDermott and Whaley (opps too late) and the 11 other GMs that did not take him.  

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

We didn't have a good QB.  

This is why you're worst poster on the board. You're the vocal idiots in a "we are legion" situation. They are all vocally annoying but they are really 100 posters with a bad opinion each.  You're 1 poster with 1000 bad opinions.

So, extending wood was a bad idea, but paying an EVEN OLDER incognito more was a good one? Don’t even try and pretend you didn’t take that position. I may just expire from the ensuing hilarity.

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Yes.  The Rams made a bunch of short term moves before their stars' cap hits balloon.

They will lose some serious talent in the next two years. Especially as they maneuver to afford Goff's fifth year option.  Woods will be a cap casualty.

And, we would've had to pay Woods more than them.

So we will pay 10mill a year for Star and 8mill a year for Murphy but not a dime on WR?

Woods is easily worth 6mill a year for a top notch #2 WR whom we drafted to become that. Now we are hosed in finding a stud #1 and #2 at the position. Fun times.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I won't say that not picking Mahomes was a mistake, but not picking Mahomes and then picking Josh Allen a year later, who is essentially just a worse version of Mahomes, doesn't make any freaking sense.

Mahomes was a much better prospect than Josh Allen. They're both big, they're both mobile, and they both have rocket arms. Why did we not take the guy who showed in college that he can throw a football really well and instead opt for the guy who was just a mediocre QB in a terrible conference?

Makes no sense whatsoever. 

Because we hired a coach BEFORE we hired a GM.  We went to the draft with McDermott and lame duck Whaley.  No GM = No plan. 

McDermott actually did a good job in the draft all things considered but his was just getting by until the could get Beane away from Carolina.  

From my perspective it was Doug Whaley and his scouts doing the scouting for that years draft as Beane was hired later on. Think about that for a min and would you trust Whaley and his scouts opinion on any QB after he thought EJ was the man. 

In all probability nobody in Buffalo was looking at a QB in that draft class. Not to mention that this team doesn't have Andy Reid calling plays, the Chiefs WRs, RBs or offensive line. Had McD drafted Mahomes last year he probably would have started him against the Chargers and he would have been ruined by now.