Here is to a good game

Ice bowl 67

12 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I listened to a lot of interviews after the game.  I found it very interesting that a few of the Bills' defensive players mentioning that Allen should never do that again.  Being defensive players, I'm kind of wondering if that type of move is seen as a slight to the defender, and if tried again it means there goes the man parts, personal foul penalty be damned.

I'm hoping some of our guys who played will weigh in here, but I think you got it exactly.  It is seen as disrespect of the defender from a QB that has extra protection from defenders on every play.  It's different for an RB or TE or WR who puts their body out there on the line every play just like the defenders do.

Several announcers who played defense mentioned Barr gonna get worked over in the Film room today.  It's bad enough that he's also the defender Allen easily outran for his 15 yd TD dive.

I think being defenders, our guys also know all the tricks of the trade and exactly how severe the potential injuries Allen is courting by doing that.  The defender could get a PF or even ejected, Big Help that would be to us if Allen is out for the season or even 3 games.  Hopefully they'll have a man-to-man with Allen about it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Well I’m hoping they were keeping McCoy back for this.   This is the game to go heavy run. I don’t want to see Allen have big passing numbers this week 

I think Allen even knows his track career is over lol 

I don't mind the TD run, but hurdling was needed against Minn at that point.  Likely never again unless a huge game.  

Although I want to see Allen throw as much, but have some WR's and Clay make catches that receivers on other teams make for their QB's.  

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm hoping some of our guys who played will way in here, but I think you got it exactly.  It is seen as disrespect of the defender from a QB that has extra protection from defenders on every play.

Several announcers who played defense mentioned Barr gonna get worked over in the Film room today.  It's bad enough that he's also the defender Allen easily outran for his 15 yd TD dive.

This is a clear message to Barr.   Sign with the Bills in the off-season or have Allen embarrass you! 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Well I’m hoping they were keeping McCoy back for this.   This is the game to go heavy run. I don’t want to see Allen have big passing numbers this week 

I think Allen even knows his track career is over lol 

Pettine is their DC so I was thinking the same thing 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm hoping some of our guys who played will way in here, but I think you got it exactly.  It is seen as disrespect of the defender from a QB that has extra protection from defenders on every play.

I even cringe a bit when I see a QB try to make a move on the sidelines to get a few more inches.  I can see how it would feel almost like taunting to the defender due to all the QB protections from the league.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

? What are you talking about

A few guys, forget who, saying that you go to every teams message boards and just repeating exactly what you say to us over here. 

I dunno.  I don’t care either way.  Good luck on Sunday.  Jerry’s coming to getcha

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

A few guys, forget who, saying that you go to every teams message boards and just repeating exactly what you say to us over here. 

I dunno.  I don’t care either way.  Good luck on Sunday.  Jerry’s coming to getcha

Nope not me. Most teams I've never been to their message board.

20 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

You going into forums and sucking up

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I do care either way.  Even if true, there's nothing against a fan to go to multiple message boards of various teams then coming here.

Play nice or be seated.  Consider that locked thread as the no-action warning here.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can't blame the defenders for being salty.

I agree, the game table is being slanted away from their side, it's not fair.    Also, Clay Matthews is being victimized by this league, though I hope next week he's not even given the opportunity, don't need to see him taking it out on Allen.

Right now, defenders must feel like public enemy #1 in the eyes of the NFL, not a good scenario.  I think a lot because of the CTE stuff, which iirc it has been shown that there is no correlation between concussions and CTE, it's more of the accumulation of micro hits to the head during all aspects of the game as opposed to the big hits.

Edited by PeterDude

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I agree, the game table is being slanted away from their side, it's not fair.    Also, Clay Matthews is being victimized by this league, though I hope next week he's not even given the opportunity, don't need to see him taking it out on Allen.

Right now, defenders must feel like public enemy #1 in the eyes of the NFL, not a good scenario.  I think a lot because of the CTE stuff, which I iirc it has been shown that there is no correlation between concussions and CTE, it's more of the accumulation micro hits to the head during all aspects of the game as opposed to the big hits.

Well, enough concussions can knock a guy out of the game for good - Kolb, Troy Aikman, Steve Young off the top of my head.  So in a QB-starved league it's understandable that the league is trying to protect players from concussions with or without a CTE connection.

But it's just gone a step too far.  If they want a non-contact league, bring out the flag belts.  You're darn straight, Matthews has legit beefs.

He is not and has never been Suh with his kicking and stomping after the whistle, he's a (relatively) clean player.

30 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't mind the TD run, but hurdling was needed against Minn at that point.  Likely never again unless a huge game.  

Although I want to see Allen throw as much, but have some WR's and Clay make catches that receivers on other teams make for their QB's.  

This is a clear message to Barr.   Sign with the Bills in the off-season or have Allen embarrass you! 

I hope eventually Benjamin and Clay get with the process and do whatever they need to start hauling those in.  Romo is a players' announcer and he was calling them out (indirectly, but clearly: "that was a perfect throw from Allen" "that was a a perfectly placed ball")

I agree, hopefully Allen was trying to pull out all the stops to send a message to his teammates: "I will put everything out there, totally put myself out on the line to help this team win.  Are you with me, or not?"

Haha on Barr!  As a defender, I'm sure it's more fun to watch your QB do that stuff from the sideline than to watch those plays in the Defense film room on Monday.

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I hope Allen works on his flopping.  He needs to go down every time Matthews gets near him.  Easy 15 yards!

The thing is, as he's shown, Allen does know how to slide.  Doesn't look like he's happy about it, but as one would expect from a guy who played baseball, he's competent at the move.

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Good luck on Sunday.  Jerry’s coming to getcha

I hope Trent Murphy's ankle injury is a ding and he's full go.  That move from behind he laid on Cousins was sick.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing is, as he's shown, he does know how to slide.  Doesn't look like he's happy about it, but as one would expect from a guy who played baseball, he's competent at the move.

Agreed, although he's sliding head first a little too much for my liking.  Self-preservation is a big part of QB longevity.  I love his fire, but he's got to be smart (which he clearly knows, based on his post-game interview yesterday).

I hope eventually Benjamin and Clay get with the process and do whatever they need to start hauling those in.  Romo is a players' announcer and he was calling them out (indirectly, but clearly: "that was a perfect throw from Allen" "that was a a perfectly placed ball")

I agree, hopefully Allen was trying to pull out all the stops to send a message to his teammates: "I will put everything out there, totally put myself out on the line to help this team win.  Are you with me, or not?"

Haha on Barr!  As a defender, I'm sure it's more fun to watch your QB do that stuff from the sideline than to watch those plays in the Defense film room on Monday.

I really enjoyed listening to Romo yesterday.  He speculates on the plays they should call, etc. and very often seems to get it right.  He is also very realistic in his praise and negativity.  I agree regarding Allen. That was an instinctive play by someone trying to will his team to victory. His effort will pay off by getting other players to buy in and increase their effort.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

So Ice, tell me -- what's the issue (or issues) up there?  The Pack are legitimately 2 lucky plays away from being 0-3.  Is it Aaron's injury?  What's going on?

Terrible defense mostly and we always start off slow year after year. I don't know why but we do.

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The thing is, as he's shown, Allen does know how to slide.  Doesn't look like he's happy about it, but as one would expect from a guy who played baseball, he's competent at the move.

I hope Trent Murphy's ankle injury is a ding and he's full go.  That move from behind he laid on Cousins was sick.

Yes it was.  I didn’t even realize he was hurt.  ? 

Jerry is the tone setter though.....15 pressures...woooooo

21 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

They need to get rid of this QB protection rule where you can't put all your weight on the QB. Terrible rule and Rodgers getting hurt made it this way.

Adam Schefter Retweeted

Cameron Wolfe

@CameronWolfe

·

22m

Dolphins DL William Hayes tore his ACL, he’s out for the season. Big loss. It happened when he tried not to put his body weight on Derek Carr while sacking him and got his foot caught in the ground.

This was tweeted earlier. Could be something to watch out for as the big bodies arent made to twist mid air to avoid contact on the ground.

Edited by No Place To Hyde

35 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Terrible defense mostly and we always start off slow year after year. I don't know why but we do.

We know the feeling of slow starts buddy, Preseason on our end did not allow much time for our starting QB to gel properly with the rest of the Offense.The Bills win against the Vikings had more to do with a Superman style play from our Rookie QB and good D then total unit performance. Despite the score the Bills are far from hitting on all cylinders. Scary for other teams If you think about it I suppose.

Heres to a good game my friend without injury.

On a side note: Bills fans were just informed recently NFC wins hurts our cause so McD may rest all his starters.

Edited by Figster

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand what they're trying to do but it's poorly written and being enforced in a way that makes normal football defense impossible.

And here we go, first casualty because of this stupid rule: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000966169/article/hayes-tore-acl-while-avoiding-putting-weight-on-qb

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

IceBowl. You're on a Bills message board. Please spare us the woe is me schtick. The Packers SHOULD win this game so the pressure is entirely on that team.

We're playing with house money this season.

Well .... this isn't very nice.

If I'm a Packers fan, I'm not going on a Bills message bemoaning a loss to the Redskins and a .500 record. It's like listening to Tom Brady talk about the one woman who got away. 

Enjoy your teams unprecedented duration of success. Enjoy that you've had 25+ years of dominance at the QB position. Discuss the game. Just spare me the pity party.

• Like (+1) 1

Funny...a lot of the narrative today in sports coverage is about the Vikings losing...almost no discussion about how well Allen and the D played, just about Cousins, his contract, the Vikings losing to a team while so favored, etc.  

And you no what, I love it.  I cant wait until we beat the Packers what the narrative will be then.  We are 10.5 point underdogs already to GB.  

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny...a lot of the narrative today in sports coverage is about the Vikings losing...almost no discussion about how well Allen and the D played, just about Cousins, his contract, the Vikings losing to a team while so favored, etc.  

And you no what, I love it.  I cant wait until we beat the Packers what the narrative will be then.  We are 10.5 point underdogs already to GB.  

Now all we need is that fella who bet 5 grand on the vikings to go double or nothing on the Packers

If his better half didn't do away with him yet that is...

Edited by Figster
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I remember when the Bills were good way back in the 90's and they would lose a game like this, the talk was similar.  It's just the way it is...

3 hours ago, Idandria said:

Hopefully we can keep the momentum going, but traveling across the country 2 weeks in a row is a tall task. Hoping for a good game. 

here's hoping the Bill's PR department has studied up and now knows the difference between Minnesota and Wisconsin

7 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Here is to a great game this Sunday with no injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We aren't playing well at all. Our defense got bulldozed over yesterday. Thanks for beating Minnesota yesterday! That was awesome seeing them lose anyway. 

....should be a good tilt 'Ice.......Aaron looked hobbled......McCarthy was in "stroke territory" after the Clay call and Matthews got hosed for the third time in three weeks......

2 hours ago, entropyrules said:

here's hoping the Bill's PR department has studied up and now knows the difference between Minnesota and Wisconsin

Tweeting the same thing but using Minneapolis instead of GB this week would be funny.  

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

IceBowl. You're on a Bills message board. Please spare us the woe is me schtick. The Packers SHOULD win this game so the pressure is entirely on that team.

We're playing with house money this season.

They just got smoked by the sorry ass skins.  They were lucky to sneak past the Bears 

9 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Here is to a great game this Sunday with no injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. We aren't playing well at all. Our defense got bulldozed over yesterday. Thanks for beating Minnesota yesterday! That was awesome seeing them lose anyway. 

You guys struggled with AP, but geeeze the officials and the drops.... Cobb just isn’t seeming to be the guy he used to be 

9 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

@PetermanThrew5Picks Told ya...be here Monday?

Good luck to ya ice bowl, MAY THE BETTER QUARTERBACK WIN...

Told y'all it wasn't 69 hahaha

9 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

We need Rodgers out there. We won't win a game without him out there. Kizer is as bad if not worse than Hundley.

I'll say what we had most in common last year is we were competing to start the worst quarback.. Hundley v Peterman! It's too bad we couldn't find a way to see them outgun each other!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks