Foster Drops Another

billsfan_34

17 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

And someone would have grabbed him.

You literally cannot say that for certain... every team passed him up 7 + times...that’s the only fact... it’s your opinion he’d get scooped

he was a priority UDFA, teams ARE NOT knocking over each other for him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Technically it went through his hands. He never had it to drop it.

wrong.  The ball was a pefect spiral then magically turned sideways after it "went through Fosters hands".  So either he's got some gravitational force in those stones of his or he dropped it.

spin.thumb.jpg.bf692e3ca823119fd3b588b0ddb9531f.jpg

nospin.thumb.jpg.17dfe77a0efe8b20819d8803c12bec14.jpg

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

wrong.  The ball was a pefect spiral then magically turned sideways after it went through Fosters hands.  So either he's got some gravitational force in those stones of his or he dropped it.

spin.thumb.jpg.bf692e3ca823119fd3b588b0ddb9531f.jpg

nospin.thumb.jpg.17dfe77a0efe8b20819d8803c12bec14.jpg

How can you drop what you never had? The ball went through his hands.

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

:lol: Utterly ridiculous!  You'd rather argue than admit the painfully obvious truth that any objective eye can see. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Do you not understand that it hit him in the hands?  

Not one but both.

It went through his hands because he can't catch.

Edited by The Wiz

5 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

About 25 - 30% of the league is UDFAs.

Really?  That's very interesting, could you share your source for that stat?

6 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

The ridiculous criticism of Allen has shifted to ridiculous criticism of Foster, lol.

Well, Duh.  Cuz now Allen is throwing passes his WR can catch, so we need them to like, RECEIVE them.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Really?  That's very interesting, could you share your source for that stat?

Well, Duh.  Cuz now Allen is throwing passes his WR can catch, so we need them to like, RECEIVE them.

Sky Diver is right. 28% of the NFL is UDFA. Here's a stat even more staggering. There are 481 UDFA's and 480 players drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/one-staggering-stat-shows-how-important-undrafted-players-are-in-the-nfl-090516

Edited by LABILLBACKER

I thought the whole argument that he got open was better than this, or that Allen needed to throw it better because that did happen to Foster once this game. I mean I'd think him trying to catch it but it bouncing out of his hands was at least a little better than he didn't drop it because he never touched it. I mean that would mean he completely whiffed on the ball.

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sky Diver is right. 28% of the NFL is UDFA. Here's a stat even more staggering. There are 481 UDFA's and 480 players drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/one-staggering-stat-shows-how-important-undrafted-players-are-in-the-nfl-090516

That’s really not that staggering whenever you consider that in a 10 year period there are only 320 first round picks and 320 2nd rounders

there are about 400-500+ UDFAs every year trying out 

UDFAs do not make 28% Of starting positions though.. that’s a different story 

though Kurt Warner and FredEx and Chris Harris Jr and Arian Foster etc all studs 

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well I'll be durned.  I mean, logic says that if there are 1696 players on NFL rosters, and only ~230 players drafted in 7 rounds (of which about 2/3 don't make it), there's a substantial need to fill in from somewhere, but I'm surprised it's that high.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

I remember when receivers got three years to develop.  I guess that doesn't exist anymore.

Much of the animus towards Foster around here is the result of one person's online activity.

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

This is a Bills forum.

& yet you (again) posted a link which garnered the reply.

Can't have it both ways McTroll.

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Much of the animus towards Foster around here is the result of one person's online activity.

It's not toward Foster.  It's mostly toward the person with blinders on because of where Foster went to school.

If he can learn to catch while running that would be great but there is a reason he was buried on Alabama's offense and why he was a UDFA.

No different than the COTers and the Manuel lovers (admittedly, I was one of them).

Unlike BF4E and sky diver, I admitted I was wrong.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well I'll be durned.  I mean, logic says that if there are 1696 players on NFL rosters, and only ~230 players drafted in 7 rounds (of which about 2/3 don't make it), there's a substantial need to fill in from somewhere, but I'm surprised it's that high.

Thanks!

Exactly. As I said in a 10 year period there’s are only 320 first and 320 second round picks 

EVERY SEASON there are 400-500 UDFAs trying out

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s really not that staggering whenever you consider that in a 10 year period there are only 320 first round picks and 320 2nd rounders

there are about 400-500+ UDFAs every year trying out 

UDFAs do not make 28% Of starting rosters though.. that’s a different story 

Seems surprising, but it shouldn’t be. Some folks forget ( or were too young to recall) the NFL draft used to have 12 rounds in the early ‘90s. Even more prior to that. It currently is 7 rounds.That means more players are FA’s , giving them some say in which team they play for. That’s what the NFLPA wanted. This works for teams too, as the talent level drops in a major way after the first 3 rounds. Since the salary structure dictates higher salaries for drafted players, they may be willling to forgo keeping a drafted player in favor of a cheaper UDFA to fill out the roster. The drafted player may still get a priority due to the investment, but if the cheaper guy can do just as good of a job he’ll make the roster. Teams have to get players from somewhere, and less are drafted out of College football now than was previously the case. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Seems surprising, but it shouldn’t be. Some folks forget ( or were too young to recall) the NFL draft used to have 12 rounds in the early ‘90s. Even more prior to that. That means more players are FA’s , giving them some say in which team they play for. That’s what the NFLPA wanted. This works for teams too, as the talent level drops in a major way after the first 3 rounds. Since the salary structure dictates higher salaries for drafted players, they may be willling to forgo keeping a drafted player in favor of a cheaper UDFA to fill out the roster. The drafted player may still get a priority due to the investment, but if the cheaper guy can do just as good of a job he’ll make the roster. Teams have to get players from somewhere, and less are drafted out of College football now than was previously the case. 

No that’s exactly right. There used to be 12, 13, 14 rounds 

the talent didn’t disappear to only 7 rounds, there are just more UDFAs now

every team keeps atleast  1 UDFA per year and keep a few more on the PS

30 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I imagine that stat includes practice squads, who are members of the NFL but where a ton of UDFA are kept. It's still a lot, for sure.

Foster I get. Benjamin, I don't. The one thing that KB has done at an elite level during his NFL career is catching. Now all of a sudden, he can't catch? I'm really hoping that ghe can shake whatever is ailing him and show those soft hands again. This has been his worst season to date, by far.

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I'm sorry, but that was a difficult catch to make. I would've liked to seen Allen not under throw the pass to Foster earlier 

You should be sorry. That was not difficult for any WR at the NFL level with the requisite ball tracking skills which Foster does not have. 

On 9/25/2018 at 7:36 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Running fast itself doesn't make him an NFL caliber WR. 

Not at first. But some of these guys develop.
Ps him and stop bistching everyone

7 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

What was the difficult part ? 

Seems pretty routine and easy.   

from a phone laptop and or PC perhaps.
He is playing becauses Coaches see something.
That could change of course. but Foster and Ray Ray are getting their shots. which is kinda fun if you are wearing the correct lenses ) i wear progressive bi focal safety glasses   lol

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not at first. But some of these guys develop.
Ps him and stop bistching everyone

He is playing becauses Coaches see something.
That could change of course. but Foster and Ray Ray are getting their shots. which is kinda fun if you are wearing the correct lenses ) i wear progressive bi focal safety glasses   lol

He's an NFL player not a charity case and these games count. Make a play or sit down. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I’m pretty sure that catch was made in neighborhood football games by most of the other kids i played with 

I dont understand your comment, the easy catch has nothing to do with the coach or playing time. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's an NFL player not a charity case and these games count. Make a play or sit down. 

how many Bills can you say that too this year and not mean it.

More than one hand can count.

Hope rings eternal for me.

till i get pissed

I hate Benjamin btw and loathe that he remains one of the better threats a DC need to keep covered.

Foster and Allen would do well to spend weekdays in the park throwing and catching.

If he don't get it ? he don't.
i am not ready to define him just yet.

Perhaps he need to sit on practice squad ? sure, that fair enough.

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

how many Bills can you say that too this year and not mean it.

More than one hand can count.

Hope rings eternal for me.

till i get pissed

I hate Benjamin btw and loathe that he remains one of the better threats a DC need to keep covered.

Foster and Allen would do well to spend weekdays in the park throwing and catching.

If he don't get it ? he don't.
i am not ready to define him just yet.

Perhaps he need to sit on practice squad ? sure, that fair enough.

That's where he belongs IMO.  One of these drops will eventually cost the Bills dearly and I'm sure that's exactly why McDermott went off on the WRs at practice today. 

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’m pretty sure that catch was made in neighborhood football games by most of the other kids i played with 

I dont understand your comment, the easy catch has nothing to do with the coach or playing time. 

yes it does.

Its not like we could just catch a ball in dropped in our hands at  speed. so how do we know the details of why he missed what seemed a fantastic shot for a great play?
that my point.
Coaches put him on the field for a reason. in  an NFL game at that.

Maybe he fails maybe he improves.

too soon.

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That's where he belongs IMO.  One of these drops will eventually cost the Bills dearly and I'm sure that's exactly why McDermott went off on the WRs at practice today. 

I agree about PS.

who are you dressing in place of him ?

and KB had a sweet drop that also could have cost them a game. Thats was what i was thinking when the red zone catch was there and he did his usual.

Bills are hardly in a position to send a player down to the minors when he drops a should be catch.

Edited by 3rdand12