Starting a Cory Coleman Conspiracy

Jobot

Anyone think that the Bills trading for Cory Coleman was an unspoken clause/agreement to the Tyrod deal between Buffalo and Cleveland?  I felt like the  pick we got for Tyrod was such a steal... and cutting Coleman gave the Browns another draft pick + we're paying for cleaning up Clevelands cap a bit this year.  Cleveland may have wanted to see what Josh Gordon's status was going to be, also not sure if they had signed Landry yet.

No.  Corey Coleman is another example of a great athlete who's a lousy football player. 

The Patriots too soon discover Coleman can run really fast but has absolutely no idea on what's happening on the football field.  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No.  The Browns simply wanted to rid themselves of a turd that bean took a chance on polishing only to realized that he's still a turd who stinks. 

If only they tried polishing it. They bought the turd from the Browns, flipped it around d and noticed that yup, it's a turd, then threw it away where the Pat's picked it up and will check it out a bit more to see if theres anything valuable inside

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

If only they tried polishing it. They bought the turd from the Browns, flipped it around d and noticed that yup, it's a turd, then threw it away where the Pat's picked it up and will check it out a bit more to see if theres anything valuable inside

It was a quick sniff and flush.

28 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Anyone think that the Bills trading for Cory Coleman was an unspoken clause/agreement to the Tyrod deal between Buffalo and Cleveland?  I felt like the  pick we got for Tyrod was such a steal... and cutting Coleman gave the Browns another draft pick + we're paying for cleaning up Clevelands cap a bit this year.  Cleveland may have wanted to see what Josh Gordon's status was going to be, also not sure if they had signed Landry yet.

No and why would anybody think this or care.

I am always amazed at the guys who win the athletic talent Olympics at birth, and then follow that up with a winning lottery ticket to enter the NFL....only to say "F it!" and throw it all in the toilet.

It's incredible to me.  There are several guys around the league every year who do this.

• Like (+1) 2

The only conspiracy is that he did not want to be in Buffalo and did what he needed to get out, unfortunately.  It’s also known as “entitlement”.  While it’s a shame, it’s pretty common among talented youth.   

50 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Pats are straight up turd burglars

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

I don't think it has any to do with TT.  But the Coleman deal was certainly an "unspoken" agreement.  Teams to that all the time to avoid having to explain cutting a recent 1st round pick.  It happened last year as well, where a team acquired high former high round draft pick for nothing and then cut him a week later.  I'll have to look that one up...

Edited by ricojes

58 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

The Browns also received EJ Gaines who will be excellent addition to their IR. 

I wish we had him.   Even if he only played 10 game last year we won 9 of them

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Why wouldn't it just have been included in the original trade?

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

befoe opening the thread, i thought it was going to say that Coleman tanked it here so he could get signed by the Patriots.

This as well as the other posters above claiming the same. WGR alluded to it sometime over the last couple weeks. They mentioned a tweet that Schefter (believe it was Schefter) sent out stating the Coleman did not want to come to Buffalo when we first traded for him.  

Completely plausible or tin hat theory that someone from the Pats whispered to his agent that they would sign him if Bills released him??? Pretty easy decision to play with Brady. 

Guess we’ll see how he does.