Parallel to Rams...

Hebert19

That's what we should be looking at. 

They had cap issues.    Terrible team and got their rookie qb that they didn't want to start.  Then they were forced to.   They had a stud on D (maybe Edmund's is ours)

The second year they drafted well.  Signed the likes of woods and others...and bam playoffs.  

Year 3 they had even more in caps space because of the cuts and trades they made in year 1 and this year they have the dream team roster.  

Year 1 is all about seeing if your franchise QB can learn and develop then you get him weapons with the next draft and FA.  

Benjamin and crew will be long gone next year.  

Just my half full on this situation.  Have to blow up to get better long term. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

They had cap issues.    Terrible team and got their rookie qb that they didn't want to start.  Then they were forced to.   They had a stud on D (maybe Edmund's is ours)

The second year they drafted well.  Signed the likes of woods and others...and bam playoffs.  

Year 3 they had even more in caps space because of the cuts and trades they made in year 1 and this year they have the dream team roster.  

Year 1 is all about seeing if your franchise QB can learn and develop then you get him weapons with the next draft and FA.  

At least it's good to read a positive thread I was ready to jump until i read this thanks friend !! ? We can only go up from here !! ?

I don’t think our situation is like the Rams at all. Fisher was one of the most abysmal offense coaches of all time but that team had stacked talent at every position on defense. McVay and Snead come in inheriting good players and great depth all across the defense. So Snead has tons of defensive capital to work with and McVay gets to focus almost exclusively on the offense.

I also don’t think McD is anywhere near McVay’s class. He is legitimately one of the best coaches in the league.

Edited by eanyills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

I think the Rams are light years ahead of us on positional coaches

Ya.  And would you waste a top 5 pick on a RB?  

And yes Goff had a better college career but Allen has more talent so who's to say he can't make the leap.  

Plus we have 10 more picks next year already without dumping salaries at deadline this year.  We also are developing a ton of young players due to necessity right now. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Gurley was a top 5 pick, they acquired a top 10 pick wr, Goff threw 43 tds his last year in college, and they might have the best young offensive mind in the nfl.  If anything we are in the Jeff Fisher era of the Rams.

Jeff Fisher era??? No way we are winning 7 games

• Haha (+1) 1

Well we can hope.  Agree with other poster it seems we are always expecting this team to finally start constantly moving forward but here we are again.  Imo they need to find out what they have in Allen even behind this trash o line.  Peterman should be done there is no reason to play him anymore.  

I agree a lot with this.

Rams drafted Goff fist overall after going 7-9 in 2015. Even with TG3 and Keenum playing 9 games they were 4 and 5 when they handed it over to Goff.

They went 0-7 to finish 4-12. How can you not see the similarities between these two teams?

To be honest between Peterman and Allen I prefer they wait as long as possible until JA is ready to go in.

Obviously I would like our defense to play better than they did on Sunday but its hard to imagine repeating what we did last year. I think the fan base just needs to accept reality that 2019 will yield the results they are looking for and 2018 is a lost year.

3 hours ago, otagoyellow said:

I'm with you, but man does it feel like I've heard this song before over the last 17+ years. I'm still tapping my toe to the beat though, so count me in along with the hopeful. 

The difference is for the first time ever we have a top 10 qb to develop that was rated a first round pick and a top young MLB who is the qb of your defense. Other than that it’s totally the same though. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

What chaps my arse is they didn’t accomplish this last year.

Hate that we fluked into the playoffs and drafted lower. We could have used some of those picks this year and been further along.

Yes, and no. For the QB we drafted in 2018 (which turned out to be Josh Allen) I was very glad we got that 17-years-with-no-playoffs monkey off our backs.  Bills-land is apocalyptic after yesterday's disaster (which so many (but apparently not everyone) could see coming - well, maybe not quite as bad as what happened - a mile away). Now imagine a newbie QB in place trying to break year-18, year-19 of a playoff drought. The Bills have ruined enough QBs in the past without reacting to fans screaming for the rookie QB's head to break a playoff drought that started when the kid was in kindergarten.  On the other hand, a higher draft pick would have been nice. 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Ya.  And would you waste a top 5 pick on a RB?  

And yes Goff had a better college career but Allen has more talent so who's to say he can't make the leap.  

Plus we have 10 more picks next year already without dumping salaries at deadline this year.  We also are developing a ton of young players due to necessity right now. 

Can we stop with the more talent thing?  Jamarcus Russell had more talent than Tom Brady.  

3 hours ago, eanyills said:

I don’t think our situation is like the Rams at all. Fisher was one of the most abysmal offense coaches of all time but that team had stacked talent at every position on defense. McVay and Snead come in inheriting good players and great depth all across the defense. So Snead has tons of defensive capital to work with and McVay gets to focus almost exclusively on the offense.

I also don’t think McD is anywhere near McVay’s class. He is legitimately one of the best coaches in the league.

McVay has a ways to go to prove he is capable of being a consistently excellent HC..........but right from the start he was an ABSOLUTE difference maker on Sundays.

McD is more about the preparation(technique, conditioning etc..) than the actual gameday work........he's a clapping observer on the sideline on Sundays.

So I agree with you that really is a major point of separation between he and McVay.

McDermott's head coaching career is almost entirely in the hands of Daboll and Allen now...........McVay has control of his own destiny.

• Like (+1) 1