SNF Packers vs Bears

BillsFan130

1 minute ago, Watkins90 said:

Yup. Mack will be a Hall of Fame player. The Bears have a stacked roster they made better with getting Mack. They could afford to not have two first round picks for him because of that. 

If it would have just been a first and maybe a future second or third, yes. Go for it. But Buffalo is going to need all it can to improve this roster. 

You guys act like Mack is coming off of several Super Bowl victories. The Raiders never made it out of the Wild Card without him. 

If we got Mack and were still terrible this year and next. Everyone would be screaming that it was a stupid move around the draft. 

Bills fans want to preserve that first round pick so they can pound the table to take a guard with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Yup. Mack will be a Hall of Fame player. The Bears have a stacked roster they made better with getting Mack. They could afford to not have two first round picks for him because of that. 

If it would have just been a first and maybe a future second or third, yes. Go for it. But Buffalo is going to need all it can to improve this roster. 

You guys act like Mack is coming off of several Super Bowl victories. The Raiders never made it out of the Wild Card without him. 

If we got Mack and were still terrible this year and next. Everyone would be screaming that it was a stupid move around the draft. 

Thought you were referring to Bears roster. Still bad timing for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Fans are going to B word regardless. You accumulate talent. This team has been doing the opposite for 2 years now 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It helps, of course. Just wouldn’t look anything like da Bears. 

True.  But ours was so f'ing anemic I just wanna dream.  

In a day w/o any positives, I'm just pretending Mack coulda been ours.  Sad, I know.

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Draft picks are so overvalued. 

In which way? Sure your chances of missing are somewhat high if that’s what you’re referring to.

But there are other factors like having them under rookie contracts, 4 to 5 years younger/fresher.

So if you hit on those draft picks, you’re going to be a perennial contender for a long time 

Just now, billsfan11 said:

In which way? Sure your chances of missing are somewhat high if that’s what you’re referring to.

But there are other factors like having them under rookie contracts, 4 to 5 years younger/fresher.

So if you hit on those draft picks, you’re going to be a perennial contender for a long time 

The way i look at it, would you trade EJ Manuel and Aaron Maybin for Mack? How about JP Losman and CJ Spiller? Sammy Watkins and Donte Whitner? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stony said:

True.  But ours was so f'ing anemic I just wanna dream.  

In a day w/o any positives, I'm just pretending Mack coulda been ours.  Sad, I know.

He probably couldn’t have been. Raiders wanted to trade him out of conference . They gave two firsts. What would it have taken to persuade them to mov eMack in conference. The Jets and Browns wanted him too. It’s not all that simple. The Bears have a QB already and a top ten D. They were building toward this. The Bills are still at ground zero and need to draft a top WR and OL. Heck, maybe even another QB. They just weren’t close enough to make that deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

There are HOF players in almost every draft class. you just have to go find them.  That's the key. 

You're making this sound way easier than it is. No one knows who is the HOF players are, then you have one, that you even agree is one up for grabs. You go and get him. No one knew Khalil Mack would turn into what he is.

You say HOF players are drafted every year like it's easy to find them. I'll give you the benefit of hindsight, who are the HOF players drafted from the last 3 years? I'm sure you can't predict them. You're simplifying things, no ****, it's easy for anyone to say a future Hall of Famer comes out every year, you just have to find them.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Agreed.  He is almost single handedly beating GB.  Not many like him in the NFL on D that that instantly take over a game.

I agree that Mack is a very good player, but honestly, on the pick-6, he was in the right place at the right time....it was thrown....lobbed.... right to him.

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

The way i look at it, would you trade EJ Manuel and Aaron Maybin for Mack? How about JP Losman and CJ Spiller? Sammy Watkins and Donte Whitner? 

Also, assuming you would have to use a 1st to get him. think of it as adding another one to trade up for a guaranteed HOF player.

We did it for Watkins and Saints did it for Davenport this year.

Edited by Chemical
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I sure wouldn’t want my team to acquire elite players. That’s not how you get better.

I want them to. They’re so far off Mack will be 30 before this team will be close. The OL is worst in the league and those guys don’t get found in FA very often. Elite WRs are getting close to QB money if you can get one. Most good teams were comprised mostly of draft picks. Mack is great, but it’s like putting a pissed off exhaust system on a fiat. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He probably couldn’t have been. Raiders wanted to trade him out of conference . They gave two firsts. What would it have taken to persuade them to mov eMack in conference. The Jets and Browns wanted him too. It’s not all that simple. The Bears have a QB already and a top ten D. They were building toward this. The Bills are still at ground zero and need to draft a top WR and OL. Heck, maybe even another QB. They just weren’t close enough to make that deal. 

Fair enough.  I will say, DE/OLB is one of the few positions I'd upgrade at anytime regardless of where the rebuild/roster is at.  From a Bills perspective, paying Mack makes way more sense than a OBJ or other skill position.     

7 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

But that is just poor drafting. There is a reason the bills missed the playoffs for 18 years.

You need to draft well to be successful. Can’t build a team through free agency/trades as you would be way over the cap/have minimal draft picks for long term success/depth 

Edited by billsfan11

Just now, billsfan11 said:

But that is just poor drafting. There is a reason the bills missed the playoffs for 18 years.

You need to draft well to be successful. Can’t build a team through free agency/trades as you would be way over the cap/have minimal draft picks for long term success/depth 

I'm all for draft capital, but most teams draft poorly.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Hockey has ruined this fanbase. I'm convinced of it tonight get that stupid team with their boring sport out of town.

Bills fans talk about prospects and the practice squad like building a farm team. We can't give up 2 firsts for a player like Mack because of **** like that. They don't get it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Hockey has ruined this fanbase. I'm convinced of it tonight get that stupid team with their boring sport out of town.

Bills fans talk about prospects and the practice squad like building a farm team. We can't give up 2 firsts for a player like Mack because of **** like that. They don't get it.

Mack isn't just a solid linebacker. He's an All Pro generational talent. We haven't had a player like that probably since Bruce Smith. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jasovon said:

Mack isn't just a solid linebacker. He's an All Pro generational talent. We haven't had a player like that probably since Bruce Smith. 

He is an all pro at two positions. I wanted him bad but I knew Beane wouldn’t go after him. I wonder if we had him instead of Watkins would Beane had traded Mack away too. 

3 minutes ago, stony said:

I'm all for draft capital, but most teams draft poorly.  

These people will never understand that. It's a pretty simple concept, the proven is better than the unknown. Especially a player like Mack. 

Instead they go on about you need more shots in the draft because you're gonna miss. Even though the hits will rarely, if ever, be as good as Mack.

It's nonsense. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

He is an all pro at two positions. I wanted him bad but I knew Beane wouldn’t go after him. I wonder if we had him instead of Watkins would Beane had traded Mack away too. 

Please don't make me ponder this hypothetical tonight.

12 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Well of course in the short term it’s a great trade for the bears. We will see about the long term though 

Like I said before, given the Bears poor first round history, the trade made sense.  Mack is an amazing talent, so I believe the long term bodes well for Da Bears also.  The guy is clearly a game changer and I don't see that changing barring injury of course.