SNF Packers vs Bears

BillsFan130

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

These people will never understand that. It's a pretty simple concept, the proven is better than the unknown. Especially a player like Mack. 

Instead they go on about you need more shots in the draft because you're gonna miss. Even though the hits will rarely, if ever, be as good as Mack.

It's nonsense. 

Please don't make me ponder this hypothetical tonight.

Yeah sorry about that. I could have went worse and said Beane would have been happy to get low balled for him too and not get anywhere near what the raiders got. 

All in all... thanks Doug Whaley. Getting Watkins sure helped EJ and that team take large steps forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's cool to watch a team, who when they are down by 20 at halftime, seems to STILL know what they're doing. Having a plan and knowing how to execute, not panicking. Fighting uphill to get the job done and gaining ground. 

It'd be real neat to root for a team like that.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

And where's it written that draft capital has to be spent on draft picks vs. established All Pros?

Nowhere.  Purely the GMs decision.  But in a profession where the hit rate of uncovering elite talent is low, its a worthy discussion imo to discuss when chances to get said elite talent aren't taken. 

I know there's multiple counters to this line of thinking, but its a fun discussion.   

6 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

If you ever think you really !@#$ed something up just remember that Jon Gruden traded Khalil Mack and you'll feel better

But spending draft capital and picks on a non QB position is bad, just talk to the Packers right now. Then spent all thejr money on the QB and did it right......

8 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

If you ever think you really !@#$ed something up just remember that Jon Gruden traded Khalil Mack and you'll feel better

Reggie McKenzie and Davis traded Mack. Not Gruden. They simply didn’t have the $$$ to pay him with their relocation fee and all. Even Carr did them a solid and took a back loaded contract. There was zero chance they were paying Mack that money. Has nothing to do with a HC. Not his job. 

14 minutes ago, stony said:

Nowhere.  Purely the GMs decision.  But in a profession where the hit rate of uncovering elite talent is low, its a worthy discussion imo to discuss when chances to get said elite talent aren't taken. 

I know there's multiple counters to this line of thinking, but its a fun discussion.   

I'm a firm believer that if you can "invest" your "draft capital" into known perennial All Pro players, you should do it. Bears did the right thing. They have no friggen idea what player at what position is going to be available when they pick next year and in 2020. 

They know Mack is an All Pro impact player at two positions. 

Easy decision for them to make, imo .

How they didn't call hold on that 3rd and 3 run by Cohen for the first down is beyond me. The Chicago guard tackled Wilkerson, which allowed Cohen to cut back for the first down. 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Still say Rogers has serious knee injury

It can't be that serious, or he wouldn't out there. 

Just now, Watkins90 said:

How they didn't call hold on that 3rd and 3 run by Cohen for the first down is beyond me. The Chicago guard tackled Wilkerson, which allowed Cohen to cut back for the first down. 

They miss a LOT of holding calls...every...single...play...of every single game.