This team looks scary bad

Niagara Dude

It was not the score (worst loss since 2007) that concerned me today but more how bad and thin of talent this BILLS team has become.  Not sure what Beane was smoking when he decided to sink big money into Murphy who looks like damaged good and DT Star who did nothing today.  Our OL is complete mess and we most likely have worst collection of WR'S in the NFL with our #1 Benjamin being useless, end of the day the roster is a freaking joke.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

Yeah good old Whaley didn't leave things as tidily as i'm sure Beane would have liked.

Uhhh the guys biggest signing was Star Lazylutalady, doesn’t make a strong case for him needing more flexibility. Whaley sucked, Beane has a better approach but so far his pro player evaluation skills are dog ****. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PeterDude said:

Agreed, Whaley did a better job acquiring impact free agents than Beane has shown so far.

I still do not agree sending out Sammy for just a second when he cost the franchise (2) #1's and only 23 years old.  Benjamin looks like a joke out there,  is not #1 for sure and i am not interested in resigning him.

Just now, Tatonka68 said:

The good news is it would be very hard to look any worse right???? LOL

Yes our punter must have felt like he played 2 games worth,  just a pathetic embrassing performance in all three areas of the game.

None of this should come as a surprise.

The Bills are a horrible team on paper with hardly any talent, no elite difference makers, and some of the worst depth you'll find on any NFL team. 

This roster is as bad as any team the Bills have fielded over the past 20 years. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You seem to forget the Bills are in cap jail. Due largely to Dareus contract. 

Compounded by Beane dumping players who apparently don' "fit the process," with the Bills having to eat a ton of contract money, including Dareus's. As long as they're paying him, they might has well kept Mr. Big Stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....The most negative person on the board = 26CornerBlitz

He's saying maybe we shouldn't dismiss the national media like we ALWAYS do. We will be #32 on the power rankings and deservedly so. Sorry 26CB is upset is favorite team had the worst performance we've ever seen

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

are we that much better with Star and the dead money as opposed to dareus and someone else on the roster?

Not a great signing even with him not being a sack guy. He has shown virtually nothing in run stuffing.

in preseason, and today. Maybe he's just a great locker room guy?  That seem important with this regime.

i would have saved the money but I'm not a gm paid to know these things.

I think the Ravens averaged a tad over 5 yards per carry.  and almost zero pressure from the DE's.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sully's Shill trying to call someone out. :lol:

26CornerBlitz:  Bucky Brooks was not the worst 2nd round pick in Bills history

BuffaloRush: Explain your reasons

26CornerBlitz: No I don't want to, he just isn't

Reeeeeeeeal intelligence

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

After that game, there's no way to single out 1 person as most negative. Keep reading.

True, but this cat seems to love saying "I told you so."  Look at the 200 tweets he's posted here as threads

Edited by BuffaloRush

What scares me is how thin we are at almost every area.    Other than Dawkins I cant see another OL I would want on this team next year.   The WRs are the worst in the NFL, I dont see anybody to build around there.   The corners after Tre are thin, we have no plan B at QB, we need another OLB.     When you think Beane is stocking picks he just as quickly jettison them to constantly move up.  I question the money he's spent and picks he's wasted.    

The extra later rounds picks next year dont mean much with that many holes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

What scares me is how thin we are at almost every area.    Other than Dawkins I cant see another OL I would want on this team next year.   The WRs are the worst in the NFL, I dont see anybody to build around there.   The corners after Tre are thin, we have no plan B at QB, we need another OLB.     When you think Beane is stocking picks he just as quickly jettison them to constantly move up.  I question the money he's spent and picks he's wasted.    

Great points,  i agree with everything you said and also think we would have been better off keeping Sammy who was only 23.   Not many talented players under the age of 25 on this team.  Team needs to hold tryouts for WR'S Tuesday because they are all brutal.

Edited by Niagara Dude

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

His plan was to go 7-9 and 8-8....or 9-7 if your opponent rests the starters in Week 17.  Whaley was a trash GM

That wasn’t his plan!! Come on, you must not be that naive. What happened and what he wanted to happen may have been 2 different things but he wasn’t trying to be .500ish. That is just what happened. FWIW, there is little to no chance that this team is .500ish.

• Like (+1) 3

None of this bothers me as long as Allen plays this year and shows signs of being a real honest to goodness franchise QB. If that happens, I am confident we will continue to improve and be comepetetive in the next 3-4 years. 

If Allen doesn’t play or does not flash the ability I believe he has... we are in trouble...

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

None of this bothers me as long as Allen plays this yea and shows signs of being a real honest to goodness franchise QB. If that happens, I am confident we will continue to improve and be comepetetive in the next 3-4 years. 

If Allen doesn’t play or does not flash the ability I believe he has... we are in trouble...

Perfectly said!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That wasn’t his plan!! Come on, you must not be that naive. What happened and what he wanted to happen may have been 2 different things but he wasn’t trying to be .500ish. That is just what happened. FWIW, there is little to no chance that this team is .500ish.

It's a joke.  But I do feel that Bills fans will romanticize about former players/coaches/GM's.  I didn't think Whaley was very good as GM but many fans still pine for him.  It's no surprise he's been out of the league for the 2 years since he got the axe.

5 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

This is sort of what I was saying in another thread.

With the QB situation, lack of depth throughout the lineup, and the D not looking as good as we would have hoped, how in the world is this team going to get to, say, 6 wins this year?  I don't see a number that big happening.

We could easily end up bottom 3.  Or top 3 in terms of draft position.

Depends on how you look at it.

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

None of this bothers me as long as Allen plays this yea and shows signs of being a real honest to goodness franchise QB. If that happens, I am confident we will continue to improve and be comepetetive in the next 3-4 years. 

Right and if he doesn't flash that ability Beane has a chance to save his arse by cutting his losses and drafting another QB high in the draft

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Right and if he doesn't flash that ability Beane has a chance to save his arse by cutting his losses and drafting another QB high in the draft

If Allen is complete garbage Beane 100% loses his job.

No chance the Bills' ownership lets him draft another QB after picking Peterman and Allen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1