Every Josh Allen Throw Vs. Ravens

Prickly Pete

Just now, Warcodered said:

does that work? Also are they outside the strike zone when they actually hit the catcher's glove and fall out?

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad. No one caught a thing, and Benjamin was jogging short-arming passes the whole game. The biggest difference was that the first half was against a starting unit trying to win, but by the fourth quarter it was a glorified 5th preseason game.

It's so bizarre to me that the first half blame is on the QB, but the second half is on the WRs when the WRs didn't change, and their play didn't decrease. They were awful start to finish. If that tipped pass to Logan Thomas goes for a pick that's on him, but the slant route right to Benjamin who got outworked is just another pick for a QB we hate.

That doesn't work Josh Allen got first downs Peterman did not.

52 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Drops all over the place.  I am not sure how they'll draft an entire wideout corps next year, but they will need to.

Who will be available in FA? We can draft one and fill the rest with our $$$

So much of playing QB well is the repetition, the timing subtleties...they blew it. How much better would Allen be if he had gotten the reps in training camp? Gotten the reps this week? Even a play like the non-handoff to McCoy might have been different if he had run it a bunch in practice.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Did I miss the part where the WRs started playing more poorly after Allen came in? The EXACT SAME THING happened in the first half, arguably worse, but that's just because the QB was bad...

hate.

Troll.

You're blocked.

Edited by OJ Tom

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

against 3rd stringers.

So what are you saying that Allen did bad or that it doesn't count you really need to pick one and stick with it.

Seriously what is your argument here that Allen didn't do enough? That Peterman despite doing essentially absolutely nothing with a 0 for his QB rating should still start? What are you trying to say?

1 minute ago, OJ Tom said:

So much of playing QB well is the repetition, the timing subtleties...they blew it. How much better would Allen be if he had gotten the reps in training camp? Gotten the reps this week? Even a play like the non-handoff to McCoy might have been different if he had run it a bunch in practice.

You're blocked.

It's hard listening to things outside your echo chamber, I get it.

So what are you saying that Allen did bad or that it doesn't count you really need to pick one and stick with it.

Seriously what is your argument here that Allen didn't do enough? That Peterman despite doing essentially absolutely nothing with a 0 for his QB rating should still start? What are you trying to say?

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

What I'm trying to say is that there's a really strange double standard going on here where the same facts are being used to trash one player and praise another who had pretty similar results. They both played poorly, but their WRs were worse than both of them, the O-line was awful, they couldn't and didn't run and the defense was a sieve. The entire team around both QBs was a constant. They performed the same start to finish. The QBs were the only variable  on the Bills side and neither had any success.

What I'm also saying is the minute edge that Allen had in production should be considered with respect that the Ravens had their defensive stars on the sidelines.

I'm super confused how one guy was trash and the other "must absolutely start" based off the same results.

No, Allen threw 5-6 very good passes and Nate threw none. I don't know the math but it's about 872,700% better. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

So what you're missing is one guy moved the ball down the field and the other didn't?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Bro it’s cause peterman literally didn’t move the sticks all. Not one first down and both ints were all on him. he was worse than the 5 ints game and thought that would be impossible. 

I think the one thing Allen gives you that there is no stat for is simply the feeling that you might score on any given play.  Allen is better with his legs and has the arm to make a team pay.  He's still young and he maybe doesn't see everything or move in the pocket as slick as Brady but in general you have a feeling like he could pull something at of his butt.  Peterman only leaves you wondering how many throws until the next pick.  It's not really stat sheet stuff but that's just how I feel comparing the two.

• Like (+1) 4

Benjamin is a body catcher, that ball was a dime.  Foster throw was not a good pass.  Logan Thomas crossing route was right on the money  The play where he side steps a defender steps and converts on 3rd and forever was a beauty.  He's gonna be good, keep eating that he didn't win in college he's not ready crap  .  Tape doesn't lie, he's got the tools the size and isnt scared  There are gonna be bumps along the way but I'm all aboard the Allen wagon

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

If I had access to the game footage I'd take a screen shot of Benjamin doing basically the same thing on both picks. 

Of this game because the only place for that effect on the second one would be when Peterman threw the ball.

5 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Are you talking about the ball that Benjamin muffed that was perfectly thrown? I don’t need to slow that down.

No the Foster throw that did admittedly hit the defender's helmet but then fell into his hand and then out of his hands.

Edited by Warcodered

Of this game because the only place for that effect on second one would be when Peterman threw the ball.

Yea, I know your bias won't let you believe it's true but both interceptions were on Benjamin. Clear as day. A decent receivers catches both, and probably even has a big gain on the second one. He didn't even try to catch them and just shied away from the ball.

Yea, I know your bias won't let you believe it's true but both interceptions were on Benjamin. Clear as day. A decent receivers catches both, and probably even has a big gain on the second one. He didn't even try to catch them and just shied away from the ball.

...yes...my bias.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sky Diver said:

Foster beat his man, as he has done consistently. If the ball to him is well thrown, it’s likely a TD.

If foster is so good why did he catch 8 passes per year at Bama.  Not being snarky just wonder what his story was there, because he does seem good at getting open deep. 

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

...the multiple interceptable passes, 2 of which were actually intercepted. And the ability to throw downfield. And the ability to avoid the pass rush. What game did you watch?

Allen showing Nfl traits was the only redeeming factor in today’s game 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

If foster is so good why did he catch 8 passes per year at Bama.  Not being snarky just wonder what his story was there, because he does seem good at getting open deep. 

It was somewhat of an unusual situation. He was actually playing well and then he got hurt. Missed most if not all of his second last year. The guy that replaced him because he was hurt was Calvin Ridley. Then last year, they played a QB that couldn't throw a ball, he didn't play much and Ridley was a #1 pick.  

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Drops all over the place.  I am not sure how they'll draft an entire wideout corps next year, but they will need to.

We can't afford to do that because we will never be able to build up the OL through FA. Team's don't often let good OL walk these days. You'll just end up with backup caliber players like Bodine. We're going to have to bolster WR and CB through FA and draft several OL including our next LT in the 1st or this pain will continue.

I saw maybe a couple of bad throws, and the worst one might have been deliberately thrown away.  I saw two obvious throwaways, at least 4 drops and a couple of decent pass attempts that were broken up by good defensive play.  So, to me, it looks like his play was much better than his stat line.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

1. He was injured a lot.

2. There was so much talent at WR it was difficult to get touches.

3. Alabama’s QB wasn’t a very good passer.

17 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If only Allen could throw a more accurate ball.

Benjamin.jpg.6d8acfd1035f22d1d546ed357ec9d433.jpgBenjamin2.jpg.da82164bb60d4bb6226e663cfb1748b7.jpg

This one wasn't Allen's fault and neither was the inability to block up front, but Allen's accuracy was not good. His placement was often poor. I hope he can correct that and a little protection as well as someone to throw to would be helpful. Even if it comes together for the rookie, he can't do it alone.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I hope you realize you are losing credibility with each post...but hey, I’m just lookin’ out for you. ?

• Like (+1) 2