Patrick Mahomes Lighting up the Chargers

26CornerBlitz

Just now, jrober38 said:

Mahomes is Josh Allen with much better instincts. 

It's unfathomable to me that we passed on Mahomes just to go after Allen with a higher pick the next season. 

Truly mind boggling. 

If we take Mahomes, we don't get Edmunds or White, and then our starting corner is Vontae Davis. We have no DROY and don't make the playoffs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

If we take Mahomes, we don't get Edmunds or White, and then our starting corner is Vontae Davis. We have no DROY and don't make the playoffs. 

This isn't really true. We wouldn't have both of them but we could have easily had one of them (likely Edmunds). 

Also I don't really care about making the playoffs. The goal is to win Super Bowls. 

• Like (+1) 1

You better believe this thread is Warranted for so many people on this 2 Bills Drive that were so adamant that Mahomes was not a good quarterback and should not even be drafted in the first five rounds. you guys were totally wrong this guy is a flat out stud, I think Alan could become just as good as him if you just give them the reins and let them go play. but we need some offense of Linemen some receivers and stuff like that but anyways I’m enjoying the  show mahomes is putting in. I hope you guys that hated him will get on here and eat your crow

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Jasovon said:

It does help to have an offensive line, pro bowl tight end and receivers that get separation. Mahomes would have been ruined in Buffalo.

The flip side is- sit him behind Tyrod and use the boat load of picks to acquire all that instead of dismantling the team to trade up for the qb. 

I dont know the thought process behind why they loved allen but traded out of Mahoney but it’s an interesting enough discussion 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

This isn't really true. We wouldn't have both of them but we could have easily had one of them (likely Edmunds). 

Also I don't really care about making the playoffs. The goal is to win Super Bowls. 

There are just too many rabbit holes to go down if we did take Mahomes. I wanted Mahomes. I really did. We don't have him, so I do not want to play Captain Hindsight too much. 

Of course that's the goal but I feel like we needed to get that drought off our backs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's unfathomable to me that we passed on Mahomes just to go after Allen with a higher pick the next season. 

Truly mind boggling. 

Can’t really compare the personnel these two young QB’s are working with.

Allen can be something if this Bills team doesn’t wreck him physically and mentally.

1 minute ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

You better believe this thread is Warranted for so many people on this 2 Bills Drive that were so adamant that Mahomes was not a good quarterback and should not even be drafted in the first five rounds. you guys were totally wrong this guy is a flat out stud, I think Alan could become just as good as him if you just give them the reins and let them go play. but we need some offense of Linemen some receivers and stuff like that but anyways I’m enjoying the  show mahomes is putting in. I hope you guys that hated him will get on here and eat your crow

Offense of Linemen?

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

There are just too many rabbit holes to go down if we did take Mahomes. I wanted Mahomes. I really did. We don't have him, so I do not want to play Captain Hindsight too much. 

Of course that's the goal but I feel like we needed to get that drought off our backs. 

I didn't want Mahomes, but he was a better prospect than Allen. 

He had the same pros and cons with elite college production to go with it. 

Who knows what we'd look like with Mahomes, but I think in 5 years he's going to be regarded as a much better NFL QB than Allen. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Truly mind boggling. 

I agree, I think it was a huge mistake.  No Trey White, but I think the Chiefs may have gotten the better NFL QB.

Problem is, I don't think the Bills can develop Allen, they will likely ruin him. Probably would have ruined Mahomes too. 

Just now, PeterDude said:

I agree, I think it was a huge mistake.  No Trey White, but I think the Chiefs may have gotten the better NFL QB.

Problem is, I don't think the Bills can develop Allen, they will likely ruin him. Probably would have ruined Mahomes too. 

Sour grapes because Peterman sucks?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Can’t really compare the personnel these two young QB’s are working with.

Allen can be something if this Bills team doesn’t wreck him physically and mentally.

I don't see how we avoid that at this point. 

This is the worst offense in the NFL on paper, and our defense was a joke today. 

If we can't keep scores low, and Allen has to throw 35 times a game he's going to be in real trouble. 

I think he's an enormous project who we should have kept on the bench for as long as possible. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

I didn't want Mahomes, but he was a better prospect than Allen. 

He had the same pros and cons with elite college production to go with it. 

Who knows what we'd look like with Mahomes, but I think in 5 years he's going to be regarded as a much better NFL QB than Allen. 

I thought the problem with Mahomes was that Texas Tech played an air raid spread scheme that gave him that elite college production. 

3 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Andy Reid knows offense. He brought along Mahomes slowly last year. They are loaded with offensive talent. This is the ideal situation for a young qb to be in. Was hoping we could the same with Josh Allen this year.

They would have had to have kept Taylor to do that.  Instead, we have no QB in front of Allen.  If Allen is one of those guys who can get his confidence decimated behind a bad OL and without any receivers, his career is already doomed. 

Edited by PeterDude