Remind me again why we haven't had Jason Peters for the last 15 years?

dayman

I remember that he didn't want to be here.  So we traded him.  

We're the ones who signed him as an UDFA and developed him into being a star.  Then he left.  

What if we still had Robert Woods, Nigel Bradham, Marquise Goodwin, and Reggie Raglund?  What did we get for those guys?  a 4th round pick.  total.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Gotta strongly disagree my pal.

Jason Peters was the best player on the team.  As for the bolded, let's take a look at that OL sans Cordy Glenn.

I don't know of any other team that trades away young, skilled left tackles. Do you? ;) 

Not exactly young, but Duane Brown is talented. Houston traded him for a third in 2018 and second in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Not exactly young, but Duane Brown is talented. Houston traded him for a third in 2018 and second in 2019.

Nice catch but its only happened a handful of times.

It is too hard to get these guys. Very few people are 6'4" and up. weigh approx. 325 and are quick and agile. As a rule of thumb they don't get traded.

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Gotta strongly disagree my pal.

Jason Peters was the best player on the team.  As for the bolded, let's take a look at that OL sans Cordy Glenn.

I don't know of any other team that trades away young, skilled left tackles. Do you? ;) 

When all is said and done we gave up an arguable HOF OT for a solid and indistinguishable center in Wood. To compound the foolishness in the deal Marv brought in two  mediocre linemen in Langsgton Walker and a heavy weight guard who couldn't move to bolster the line. After a season or two they were moved out because of cost  and ineffectiveness. How anyone can say not reworking the deal and signing Peters was the right thing to do is befuddling. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nice catch but its only happened a handful of times.

It is too hard to get these guys. Very few people are 6'4" and up. weigh approx. 325 and are quick and agile. As a rule of thumb they don't get traded.

Except by the Bills.  The Peters trade was easily the second worst trade in Bills history, only topped by the trading of QB Darryl Lamonica for a couple of scrubs from Oakland back in the 1960s.  They also traded Cordy Glenn to move up to get Allen.  If Dawkins doesn't continue to develop off his good rookie season or Allen doesn't become a top tier franchise QB, then they will have screwed the pooch again -- and any QB's success is pretty tightly linked to OL success, particularly LT.  Ask Eli Manning about that.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Are we so bored we're talking about an old curmudgeon that didn't want to be here?

Do people understand there is a game on Sunday?  

It's a football board as much as a Bills board. Don't be that guy who complains about fans talking about other teams and their players. 

11 hours ago, WhoTom said:

New owners.

New GM.

New coaches.

New era.

Let's move on.

Looking back on this.. some of the worse moves in the drought era is really irritating me.

move on. We broke the curse last year. We have Pegula and McBeane. The team is still in Buffalo.

Let’s leave the ghosts of Ralph and Russ where they belong. In the past. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Ah, the "players are greedy and selfish and want out of Buffalo" Bills apologists heard from early on.

Lol nice try but lazy (PS look up ad hominem) .  Your Bills history is a bit cloudy. The team wanted to keep Peters and were willing to renegotiate his contract, which had two years left on it, but after he held out and then threatened to hold out again the next season it was clear that keeping Peters in Buffalo was going to be monumentally difficult. Thus the trade. Jason has been quoted MANY times with he wanted out of Buffalo.  Finally,  don't let facts get in the way of your "good" story.

Edited by aceman_16