Mack Traded!!!!!!!

I’m glad he’s in the nfc and as awesome as it would have been, I think he’s more of a guy you go after at that price when you are ready to contend, not when you need your picks to build around your qb. Bears are a year ahead of us on the rebuild. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

Waiting to see what the compensation is. I expect a king's ransom tbh with at least the two first round picks. Wish he would have ended up in Buffalo, but relieved he didn't go to the Jets.

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m glad he’s in the nfc and as awesome as it would have been, I think he’s more of a guy you go after at that price when you are ready to contend, not when you need your picks to build around your qb. Bears are a year ahead of us on the rebuild. 

We have been chasing contender status for what, two and a half decades?  At some point you need to accumulate talent and try to win games.

7 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Knew the price would be too much, but it was nice to dream. We have too many other needs right now to trade it all away for one player. I wish him well and am happy we don’t need to see him 2x a year

If the Bears indeed trade the asking price of two #1's, that means they feel good about QB on the rookie deal and are pushing to make a SB run in the next three years. Huge bet. 

8 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I knew a team would do it, I just knew it wouldn’t be us. The Bills almost never draft good players but they act like draft picks are more important then having proven talent.

I think we traded for Kelvin Benjamin and required giving up draft picks.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We have been chasing contender status for what, two and a half decades?  At some point you need to accumulate talent and try to win games.

And that it certainly why the Bills were in the mix here. I think they believe that too, but they need to know who they are and where they are too before they dance on the yacht with red wine and cigars and no OL or WR to provide their hopeful franchise QB.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think we traded for Kelvin Benjamin and required giving up draft picks.

One third round pick is slightly different. Plus they have to trade for WRs. Can’t have all rookies, and try getting a decent WR to sign here in FA without massively overpaying with the QB situation they’ve had.