The ransom is set: two first round picks for Khalil Mack !!!!!

B_4_life

10 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Thank God you aren't in charge of anything having to do with player personnel decisions for this team.  I swear, there should be a basic intelligence test required before fans can even REGISTER to join this site.

chill dude 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Absolutely not!   When you look at what the trade market has been on pass rushers over the past 3 years this is a gross over pay.   If any GM is considering this they need to be fired ASAP.   I think the Mack thing has gotten to the point where the want for the trade to happen has outweighed common sense.

Over the last three seasons two edge rushers close in age, statistical output and talent have been traded and they didnt fetch anything close to 1 1st round pick let alone two:

If you look below Chandler Jones was younger, and as productive or more when traded by NE to Arizona.

Player

Gms

Tack

Sack

FF

PD

INT

Tack/GM

Sack/GM

FF/GM

PD/GM

INT/GM

Mack

Jones

Quinn

If you look at what Arizona and Miami gave up to procure Jones and Quinn respectively, the value was nowhere near one 1st round pick.

Player

Value Points Received by Previous Team

Value Points Spent by Current Team

Adjusted Player Value by Round

Jones

Arizona Sent NE 292 Value Points (2nd Round 61)

NE Sent 0 picks in return to Arizona

Chandler Jones' adjusted value is then 292 (2nd Round 61)

Quinn

Miami Sent LAR 38 (4th 135) & 20.6 (6th 176)

a total of 58.6 value points. 

LAR sent Miami 7.4 (6th 209) value points in addition to Quinn

Robert Quinn's adjusted value is then 51.2 (4th 121)

Bottom line is Oakland knows it will eventually resign Mack.  But, if in the mean time they can fleece a team for the player based on his name recognition they would be glad to do so. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Not me this time.. ?...   Nope can't take credit for this one... ?

LOL ok I was looking and couldn't find anything he quoted you on.   

People are going to be for and against sending two picks to Oakland for Mack.  THere are always people on both sides of an issue.   I let things get me worked up sometimes too but ehh, not over this.   

Edited by Soda Popinski

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

So a mayonnaise drinking wrestling fan is going to insult anothers intelligence?

Talk about a lack of self awareness. 

The price tag isn't any of the raiders concern. Why should they take less because you have to extend an elite player? They would be moronic for taking into consideration what an extension would cost another franchise. It does nothing for them.

That's not the issue. The issue is they can't or don't want to pay him. I don't think it's him wanting out of Oakland, it more the business side.

The raiders can set the price at whatever they want.  It doesn’t mean they’re going to get it.  It’s the reality of the situation.  Are they ok with having their best player sit out the whole season. It’s a distraction whether or not they admit it. Now, I’m not saying they should accept a 2nd rd pick for him, but I doubt any team is going to give up 2 first rd picks AND pay him 20 mill plus a year.  Imo, it would set that franchise back.  Whichever team traded 2 first rd picks for him would have to win the SB in the first year or two for it to be worth it, it would be a lot harder to win after that.

would you guys like to trade a potential top 5 pick in next years draft for Mack?

I've read some where that Gruen didn't think he had a back up QB on the roster so McBean should package AJ, Corey Coleman, & Shaq Lawson plus a #1 & a 2 for Mack !

Who ever the jack ass was that let Mack get out of B/lo in the first place should be slapped in the head I'm pretty sure it was Whaley the same year he pulled the brilliant trade to get Watkins which makes that move even more ignorant !! 

There is no way the Bills are going to give up a first round pick, even 1, for Mack and pay him.  They have just worked themselves out of cap hell and investing $100m plus in a player with probably 3 years of prime production left is not likely in their plans.  Giving up next year's first for the privilege of doing so, when there are a number of excellent pass rushers who will be available to them with what will likely be a top 10 pick, would also be shocking.  This is not the move the Bills need to make to build this team, as fun as it would be to have Mack in the lineup.  They should have done that when they had the chance in the draft instead of chasing the Watkins fools gold.

11 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Thank God you aren't in charge of anything having to do with player personnel decisions for this team.  I swear, there should be a basic intelligence test required before fans can even REGISTER to join this site.

I like your profile picture, it makes you look real smart.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

In 2014 the Buffalo Bills defense with new DC Jim Schwartz was the number four defense overall #4 in points allowed, #4 in points allowed. This was the perfect scheme for Mario Williams as he led the entire NFL in sacks with 14.5 and Buffalo led the NFL in sacks with 54.   The 2014* Buffalo Bills finished the season 9-7 and no playoffs. 

Not to nitpick and I agree with your position, but Justin Houston lead the NFL in sacks in 2014 with 22. The Bills have not had the NFL leader in sacks since Bryce Paup in 1995 with 17.5.

Edited by Westside Madness