Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John from Riverside

OL what I would like to see happen TOMORROW

Recommended Posts

LT - Dawkins of course

LG - Ryan Teller get a player into the position that is not going to get pushed into his QB every other play....Teller has DOMINATED everyone in front of him

C - Groy the best center on the roster

RG - Ugh.....but move Decausse back to RG....not playing well but he did string some solid games together last year

RT - Mills...it says something that we are actually NOT complaining about Mills play....but he sticks

 

Play this group.....and hope that a OG pops free in cuts maybe a player that is set free because he makes too much due to a younger player coming up behind him but make sure that player is at least decent in pass protection.

 

Just my thoughts.....

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're right...Mills was like the only one we didn't complain about today. Weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Reader said:

You're right...Mills was like the only one we didn't complain about today. Weird.

 

Mill's guy was playing contain and not letting Josh flow to his right.

By keeping Josh I the pocket the interior guys made the play.

Hounds pushing to the hunters.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see Wyatt Teller & Ike Boettger get a shot. I have seen better play out of them than I have from Ducasse & Miller. Although Miller may still be serviceable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get Richie on the field where he belongs.  He just hasn't seemed to adapt well to life outside of football.  Tell Eric Wood it's worth the risk.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I would like to see Wyatt Teller & Ike Boettger get a shot. I have seen better play out of them than I have from Ducasse & Miller. Although Miller may still be serviceable.

Given that Dawkins wasn't in and the interior linemen were being pushed around definitely Teller.  Boettger wiffed a few times and needs some seasoning.  Also the mixing and matching against a stout interior line of the Bengals was an obvious mistake.  Showed Beane and McDermott how little depth the Oline has... see if Richie could come back?  Probably not after his arrest, but agree he needs the structure of the team to keep his sanity.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Given that Dawkins wasn't in and the interior linemen were being pushed around definitely Teller.  Boettger wiffed a few times and needs some seasoning.  Also the mixing and matching against a stout interior line of the Bengals was an obvious mistake.  Showed Beane and McDermott how little depth the Oline has... see if Richie could come back?  Probably not after his arrest, but agree he needs the structure of the team to keep his sanity.  

Yeah, they handed Incognito back his guns and I assume his father’s head so he’s in the clear.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened with Miller?

 

He looked like a good prospect a few years ago.

 

Groy didn't look to good today either.

 

Very tough to watch and this could be a long season if they don't get their **** together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I would like to see Wyatt Teller & Ike Boettger get a shot. I have seen better play out of them than I have from Ducasse & Miller. Although Miller may still be serviceable.

Agree on the first part, strongly disagree with the last sentence. I honestly think Miller was the worst player on the field tonight. He was blown up several times and had slow feet. There was one drive he cost us about 25 yards in two plays. Penalty for 15 and then a sack where he didn’t even touch the guy in front of him (Billings I believe). Our whole interior is garbage but Miller I would like to see on the first bus outta town. His play was embarrassing. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Get Richie on the field where he belongs.  He just hasn't seemed to adapt well to life outside of football.  Tell Eric Wood it's worth the risk.

I wish they would talk to Incognito for real.  He was never more stable than when he was playing.

 

If he would come back, he'd instantly be the best OL on the team, and by a wide margin.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Get Richie on the field where he belongs.  He just hasn't seemed to adapt well to life outside of football.  Tell Eric Wood it's worth the risk.

Thank goodness we know satire and sarcasm are your forte.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

What happened with Miller?

 

He looked like a good prospect a few years ago.

 

Groy didn't look to good today either.

 

Very tough to watch and this could be a long season if they don't get their **** together.

looks like a long season... I'll be hitting a lot of Virginia winery tasting rooms with my wife on Sundays this year it looks like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CDogg20 said:

Agree on the first part, strongly disagree with the last sentence. I honestly think Miller was the worst player on the field tonight. He was blown up several times and had slow feet. There was one drive he cost us about 25 yards in two plays. Penalty for 15 and then a sack where he didn’t even touch the guy in front of him (Billings I believe). Our whole interior is garbage but Miller I would like to see on the first bus outta town. His play was embarrassing. 

i wouldn't shoot miller's way just yet. the penalties sucked for sure, but i don't think it's a good idea to switch out both guards at the same time.

ducasse is the thorn in my backside.

i hope they spend the next 2 weeks with teller at that spot.

Edited by billsredneck1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My plan going forward

 

Draft Trey Adams-LT Washington 6’7 328 in the 1st, draft Dalton’s Risner-C Kansas St 6’5 310 in the 3rd and Daryl Williams from Carolina in FA

 

Adams-Dawkins-Risner-Teller-Williams 

 

Invest in the OL and protect your Franchise QB

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This js what I would like to see tried absent any other signings like brining back Crazy Richie 

 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Teller

C - Groy (has to live with him at this point)

RG - Mills 

RT - Newhouse

 

That puts your best 5 on the field. 

 

Reason I am kicking Mills inside. He does play with power so I am sure he can handle movin inside and anchor fine. He struggles with the space out there at OT. So moving him inside the phone booth should help his Pass Pro. 

 

Newhouse has played pretty decent specially in pass pro so get him at RT. 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This js what I would like to see tried absent any other signings like brining back Crazy Richie 

 

LT - Dawkins

LG - Teller

C - Groy (has to live with him at this point)

RG - Mills 

RT - Newhouse

 

That puts your best 5 on the field. 

 

Reason I am kicking Mills inside. He does play with power so I am sure he can handle movin inside and anchor fine. He struggles with the space out there at OT. So moving him inside the phone booth should help his Pass Pro. 

 

Newhouse has played pretty decent specially in pass pro so get him at RT. 

 

Gotta get Vlbad and Josh Killer out of there!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to watch the game on DVR. 

 

Who played in place of Dawkins ?  I've read Miller had a bad game , what happened to him with penalties ?  

 

With that OL , Allen would barely have time for 1 read , get rid of the ball or run. 

 

If that game doesn't mess with Allen's confidence nothing will.

 

I hope Daboll will learn a lot from that game , Castillo is still a mystery to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

LT - Dawkins of course

LG - Ryan Teller get a player into the position that is not going to get pushed into his QB every other play....Teller has DOMINATED everyone in front of him

C - Groy the best center on the roster

RG - Ugh.....but move Decausse back to RG....not playing well but he did string some solid games together last year

RT - Mills...it says something that we are actually NOT complaining about Mills play....but he sticks

 

Play this group.....and hope that a OG pops free in cuts maybe a player that is set free because he makes too much due to a younger player coming up behind him but make sure that player is at least decent in pass protection.

 

Just my thoughts.....

I wouldn't throw Teller into the fire just yet, though it's too bad they didn't give him an opportunity to go against the ones to see what he could do.  He's going to have some growing pains too, so I wouldn't junk the current group just yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They MUST invest in the O-line asap. What good is a franchise QB if the line can't protect him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, BmarvB said:

They MUST invest in the O-line asap. What good is a franchise QB if the line can't protect him?

 

They will next year.. No NFL team will be cutting or trading quality OL it just does not happen. We may pick up a long in the tooth serviceable vet who has a year left in them but that's probably as good as it gets this year.

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

 

 

Who played in place of Dawkins ?  I've read Miller had a bad game , what happened to him with penalties ?  

 

 

 

Newhouse I heard was the LT...  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it other DLines look freakishly good, Billings was a terror and to be honest what the hell are we paying Star 50 million dollars for he has been completely invisible and there have been more than a few running lanes open in the middle.   I've noticed Harrison Phillips way more than Star he's been one of the most disruptive forces on the Dline this preseason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I wish they would talk to Incognito for real.  He was never more stable than when he was playing.

If he would come back, he'd instantly be the best OL on the team, and by a wide margin.

 

I think you've got it mixed.  RI spent a year or so being stable/doing various rehab stints

THEN he got a shot at redemption with the Bills and made good.

 

Inviting untreated, unremitting crazy in the door, is probably not a good strategy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...