Peterman Cumulative Preseason Stats

He's been excellent. 

He's accurate, he gets the ball out quickly and he puts his receivers in a position to pick up yards after the catch. 

Name Peterman the week 1 starter, and give Allen the whole 4th game to get some experience under his belt. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

33/41, 432 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, QB rating 124.80

He just needs to not throw outs. Ever.

My theory on the reason those almost always get intercepted is he throws them way to quickly. He needs to wait 1 more second for the defender to get down field and the reciever to start coming back to him 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

My theory on the reason those almost always get intercepted is he throws them way to quickly. He needs to wait 1 more second for the defender to get down field and the reciever to start coming back to him 

Incorrect. He lacks the arm strength to make that throw successfully.  Waiting longer would lead to even worse outcomes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason stats? :lol: Please look up the NFL preseason stat leaders and you'll find out exactly how much it means. 

Hater gonna hate.  

How well did Josh do against the 2s last week?  And did you cheer on his good play?

Just now, Green Lightning said:

As Clint Eastwood said, a man's got to know his limitations.

And that 5 yard out to the sidelines needs to b banned until he figures it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Which means a pro defense scheming against him will take that away and we will lose every game.

things are not well at OBD

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

You can't run a full offense with him at the helm given his limitations. 

As is the case with 90% of the NFL's backups. 

If he can get the ball out on time, avoid mistakes and sacks, and keep the chains moving by being smart with the football, he'll have a long career in this league as a quality backup QB. 

Incorrect. He lacks the arm strength to make that throw successfully.  Waiting longer would lead to even worse outcomes. 

Incorrect. If he couldn’t make the throw he wouldn’t be on a team and/or wouldn’t be asked to make the throw.

The problem he has is the placement of the ball. Take the one he threw today, it was nowhere near the proper placement. It wasn’t at the sideline. He needs to place it so the WRs body blocks the direct route to the ball of the DB. Do that and it can’t be interrupted and it’s very tough to break up.

Granted, his arm makes the room for error on that throw exceedingly narrow but he does have the arm to make it.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hater gonna hate.  

How well did Josh do against the 2s last week?  And did you cheer on his good play?

Pretty much and it's no knock on Allen at all he, has more to learn.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason stats? :lol: Please look up the NFL preseason stat leaders and you'll find out exactly how much it means. 

The stats are outstanding but not even close to the determining factor for me personally.

Peterman has an amazing quick release off the snap which is exactly what you need in the NFL to be successful as your not going to get the privilege to sit in the pocket for 3-5 seconds. That ass whopping against the Chargers he must have learned something or is it allowable to say develop? Dude has looked flat out outstanding other than those out throws.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't refute what I posted though can you? 

I think you grossly overstate the arm strength knock and cherry pick anyone that agrees with it. The guy has an NFL arm. It might be on the lower spectrum, but you write about it like he’s incapable, which is both wrong and annoying to see repeated dozens of times a day by you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/16/16891982/advanced-stats-report-brady-dominates-in-middle-of-the-field-pass-rush-shines

Peterman is good over the middle and to the QB's short and mid-left (across body) where he gets more leverage.  He sucks (badly) to the right. 

Above is a typical Brady game  (very few throws the right).  Think Daboll has noticed this?  D-Coordinators will ignore the right if Peterman plays -- but that's okay if we flood the middle and left..... and Daboll knows how to scheme this.  Rico hung Peterman out to dry last year with a passing scheme that ignored what he does well.  Daboll will not do the same.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MDH said:

Incorrect. If he couldn’t make the throw he wouldn’t be on a team and/or wouldn’t be asked to make the throw.

The problem he has is the placement of the ball. Take the one he threw today, it was nowhere near the proper placement. It wasn’t at the sideline. He needs to place it so the WRs body blocks the direct route to the ball of the DB. Do that and it can’t be interrupted and it’s very tough to break up.

Granted, his arm makes the room for error on that throw exceedingly narrow but he does have the arm to make it.

The picks and near picks he's thrown have often been on those throws. Don't take my word for it look at the games.  He almost threw another one today and the same last week. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The picks and near picks he's thrown have often been on those throws. Don't take my word for it look at the games.  He almost threw another one today and the same last week. 

Are you going to acknowledge the body of my post where I address the real issue?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, fridge said:

I think you grossly overstate the arm strength knock and cherry pick anyone that agrees with it. The guy has an NFL arm. It might be on the lower spectrum, but you write about it like he’s incapable, which is both wrong and annoying to see repeated dozens of times a day by you.

He's limited as I said and you still haven't refuted that. I'm not here to please you so I'll keep posting what I see.  Don't like it then ignore me. 

1 minute ago, fridge said:

And then he gets snippy when one argues with him

Just now, Real McCoy said:

I don't get it here either. It's like you must choose sides or something.

I just want both to tear it up! 

To reiterate 

Exactly!!!

Just now, JoeF said:

https://www.patspulpit.com/2018/1/16/16891982/advanced-stats-report-brady-dominates-in-middle-of-the-field-pass-rush-shines

Peterman is good over the middle and to the QB's short and mid-left (across body) where he gets more leverage.  He sucks (badly) to the right. 

Above is a typical Brady game  (very few throws the right).  Think Daboll has noticed this?  D-Coordinators will ignore the right if Peterman plays -- but that's okay if we flood the middle and left..... and Daboll know how to scheme this.  Rico hung Peterman out to dry last year with a passing scheme that ignored what he does well.  Daboll will not do the same.

I’m sure it’s not lost on Daboll. IF they start Peterman, it will be with a controlled passing game. Asking him to do anything else would be  “ Rico-esque “ 

22 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I think they should start Peterman, but forbid any Bills receiver from going within five yards of the sidelines if they are within ten yards of the line of scrimmage.

• Haha (+1) 1

That's your assessment that I don't agree with.

Go take a look at the placement of the pass today and explain how that was proper placement. I’ll wait.

21 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Awful. Clearly completion percentage doesn't matter. Nor do TD passes (as those are also completions). 

And being able to keep drives alive behind our crappy O-line? Not important...What's important is arm strength, and arm strength alone! As long as he can make a ridiculously hard pass once or twice a game, we can all say "oooooh, aaaaahhh" & be satisfied in our losses. At least that's the mindset I've noticed the past several weeks on here.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Truth. I love love love what Peterman has done but you're absolutely right though but the guy absolutely has maximized his talent quite admirably. Peterman is Chad Pennington Jr., can absolutely be effective in the right offense and I am tickled by his progress, glad he is on the roster, what a great guy to have in the film room teaching Josh Allen, too bad he doesn't have a bigger arm.

• Like (+1) 1

He's limited as I said and you still haven't refuted that. I'm not here to please you so I'll keep posting what I see.  Don't like it then ignore me. 

If I ignore you then how will I know what third rate journalists are tweeting on tuesday afternoons?

• Haha (+1) 3