Peterman Cumulative Preseason Stats

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod has nothing to do with Peterman.  Not sure why he's even in the conversation. 

You Taylor( Sic) an Offense to Peterman and compliment him with a serviceable running attack and a defense that’s better than bottom twenties and he can get us as far as the erstwhile QB did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's limited as I said and you still haven't refuted that. I'm not here to please you so I'll keep posting what I see.  Don't like it then ignore me. 

Yeah what's your point as every single QB is limited in some capacity.

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

You Taylor( Sic) an Offense to Peterman and compliment him with a serviceable running attack and a defense that’s better than bottom twenties and he can get us as far as the erstwhile QB did last year.

I seriously doubt that and I'd like to know what do you base that on.  I hope it's not preseason football performances.

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed.

There was absolutely nothing about Allen's performance today that said he's going to be ready to start against the Ravens in week 1. The beginning of our schedule is brutal, and if Allen plays like he did today we'll likely be 0-5 and discussing benching him. That would likely be a disaster for his development. 

Yeah and I don't care about our record this season. We overachieved last year and it's arguable that the roster as a whole got worse. And I don't mind that. McDermott and Beane are trying to build a consistent Super Bowl contender from scratch and it was always going to take 3 years minimum to get there. The goal this year isn't to win the Super Bowl, it's to keep building for the future. Right now our best choice to achieve that goal is to make sure Allen doesn't develop PTSD. Next year our draft needs to be mostly offensive and defensive line, and I'd like to see us make a big WR signing in free agency and go into the season with Allen as the presumed starter. Or put him in this year after the bye week if Peterman is still a turnover machine.

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Awful. Clearly completion percentage doesn't matter. Nor do TD passes (as those are also completions). 

And being able to keep drives alive behind our crappy O-line? Not important...What's important is arm strength, and arm strength alone! As long as he can make a ridiculously hard pass once or twice a game, we can all say "oooooh, aaaaahhh" & be satisfied in our losses. At least that's the mindset I've noticed the past several weeks on here.

Didn't yo learn from the Tyrod experience?Flash is everything in Buffalo

16 minutes ago, dubs said:

I agree. Same thing as Tyrod. 

But, it prob makes sense to go with Peterman it AJ to start the season, given how terrible the OLine is. 

I don't think Nate's limitations hold back our offense much of the NFL's passing attack this year will move to over the middle with the rule changes.. If he can start looking off people oh man 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I seriously doubt that and I'd like to know what do you base that on.  I hope it's not preseason football performances.

Off the top of my head, TT against Carolina, Cinci, NO and that home game against the Pats last year. If a “ starting caliber” NFL QB can go out and crap the bed for a full quarter of a season and get into the Playoffs Then Peterman can too. 

Also, this line, which looked Abysmal in Passpro actually looked serviceable at run blocking. Between McCoy, Murphy and Ivory, I think we might have something there

Edited by Buffalo Boy

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's got the smarts to be a starter, but lacks the arm and poise under fire until he proves that he does in real games. 

I'll definitely give you the second part. Just like with Allen, you just don't know until you see how they act with live bullets flying.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Off the top of my head, TT against Carolina, Cinci, NO and that home game against the Pats last year. If a “ starting caliber” NFL QB can go out and crap the bed for a full quarter of a season and get into the Playoffs Then Peterman can too. 

I don't care about TT. He's gone and Peterman is here with this team in 2018 in Daboll's offense behind a porous OL. It's pretty weak trying to justify Peterman with a 2017 comparison to a QB who's not here.

Peterman is who he is on his own merits which is the same guy until he shows otherwise in real game scenarios. There are enough warning signs for me with his limitations to say he'll have trouble against 1st team defenses at regular season speed. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tyrod has nothing to do with Peterman.  Not sure why he's even in the conversation. 

The Tyrod point is relevant though.Latest QB here and had relative success when he couldn't be depended on to run a full offensive playbook. He had great strengths and glaring hinderences. It just takes a good OC and commitment

7 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

The Tyrod point is relevant though.Latest QB here and had relative success when he couldn't be depended on to run a full offensive playbook. He had great strengths and glaring hinderences. It just takes a good OC and commitment

Taylor is irrelevant on this team in 2018. It takes good personnel beyond that and the Bills don't have enough of it at WR and OL to make up for Peterman's limitations.

With the interior OL deficiencies you just know DCs will pressure him in the A gaps to force those quick outs that he has so much trouble with that lead to INT problems. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Peterman is named the starter how many picks will it take before he is benched? 

But he isn't throwing picks in the preseason, and if you take away the bad games (or parts of games) he is a tremendous talent that can carry a team until the other guy is ready

Its not like there is a difference between regular season and preseason, he will look just as great once teams cater their defence to him and actually gameplan.....

The only difference that I can see in the offence between him and Taylor is that Peterman might complete the occasional pass for the first down that Taylor would have completed using his legs. The offence still seems to struggle to keep drives alive and score points.....

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

If Peterman is named the starter how many picks will it take before he is benched? 

It's not if, it's when. Yes he will throw interceptions. I don't think he will get benched but I am pretty sure he will get banged up and miss games. 

Edited by Lfod

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't care about TT. He's gone and Peterman is here with this team in 2018 in Daboll's offense behind a porous OL. It's pretty weak trying to justify Peterman with a 2017 comparison to a QB who's not here.

Peterman is who he is on his own merits which is the same guy until he shows otherwise in real game scenarios. There are enough warning signs for me with his limitations to say he'll have trouble against 1st team defenses at regular season speed. 

Peterman is not the same guy though, he is on fire, completely different QB, drastically improved.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol.

What about the turnovers? Peterman almost had the same amount of turnovers in one half that Taylor had all year in 2017.

But you can't count those, he isn't throwing them anymore when playing against defences that aren't game planning for him or the offence in meaningless games where most teams main focus is just watching what players do in game sitautions.....

I may be in the minority, but I almost don’t really care what happens this year, especially the beginning of the year. I mean, obviously want the Bills to win and look good, but I mostly care about building a team around Josh Allen. It’s going to take some time, which is why my patience is high right now. 

The really need to prioritize oline and WR, ASAP. Can’t do everything at once, so had to be the next phase in the building process. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

The Bengals seemed pretty serious to me, the 3rd preseason game of the year is usually very telling.

Peterman played with the 1st team OL against the Bengal backups.  It was Allen who had no time with Atkins, Lawson, Dunlap, and company abusing the Bills' OL and their staring secondary against the Bills' receiving corps. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

The Bengals seemed pretty serious to me, the 3rd preseason game of the year is usually very telling.

The defending Super Bowl Champ Eagles lost 5-0 against the 1-31 Browns in their 3rd Preseason game this year, their fans must be burning the City down as they end up winless this year.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman played with the 1st team OL against the Bengal backups.  It was Allen who had no time with Atkins, Lawson, Dunlap, and company abusing the Bills' OL and their staring secondary against the Bills' receiving corps. 

But Peterman has made the most out of every opportunity, he can't change the fact that he was 2nd string. He is considerably better this year, we were talking about placing him on the PS last year, now we are talking about starting him. Somebody started a thread 4 weeks ago about Peterman winning the job week 1, I thought the OP was high on crack, but now, holy crap he was right. I thought this guy was going to get cut, but the guy beat out McCarron and the 7th overall pick, he earned the job fair and square.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

The defending Super Bowl Champ Eagles lost 5-0 against the 1-31 Browns in their 3rd Preseason game this year, their fans must be burning the City down as they end up winless this year.....

So why even have the preseason then? It means nothing according to you. McD should have just forfeited all our games.

Whether it was against the Panthers 1s, the Browns 3s, or the Bengals 2s, Peterman has been decisive, accurate and poised. He elevates the play of those around him when he is in command of the offense. If McD is going to stay true to the "Process", he will name Peterman the starter.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

But Peterman has made the most out of every opportunity, he can't change the fact that he was 2nd string. He is considerably better this year, we were talking about placing him on the PS last year, now we are talking about starting him. Somebody started a thread 4 weeks ago about Peterman winning the job week 1, I thought the OP was high on crack, but now, holy crap he was right. I thought this guy was going to get cut, but the guy beat out McCarron and the 7th overall pick, he earned the job fair and square.

Preseason man. It's preseason and he still has flaws that plagued him last season.  If he starts the season, Baltimore, LA Chargers, and Minnesota will put this so called improvement to the test in a big way. 

Easy to say Peterman has played great, east to say it's just preseason. Both are true. However, just considering preseasons, it is clear that Peterman has improved. He is more decisive and has had better results playing with a mix of first, second and third team. Whether or not he's good enough to get it done in the regular season remains to be seen. If coach believes he gives us the best chance now, let's see it. However, if after a few games Peterman's arm proves to remain a liability, let's get Allen in there so he can get the game experience. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You might want to dial down  the Peterman love . Whatever happens, Allen will start sooner than later. He’s a placeholder and nothing more. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to sit him behind NP. To my eye , Peterman looks exactly as he did last preseason. We know what happened when he started vs a superior defensive line. Which this year looks like it might be just about every Bills opponent. 

11 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Preseason man. It's preseason and he still has flaws that plagued him last season.  If he starts the season, Baltimore, LA Chargers, and Minnesota will put this so called improvement to the test in a big way. 

Preseason is all we have. Unless you want to live in the past. If you want to stay in the past then please consider that he wasn't a tire fire during the Colts game blizzard. 

It's preseason but if you have been keeping tabs he is the only one operating at the level he has been. It might be preseason but he is the only one looking good at all. It's Petermania or nothing. Embrace it. 

I've yet to see another of our QBs go 9/10 for a TD in a start. If preseason is so easy and Peterman is a fluke the other guys should be absolutely smoking him. It's not happening. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You can't run a full offense with him at the helm given his limitations. 

How much did lack of mobility hurt Peyton or Brady? If a guy can't do something, you beat them other ways.

An out route is the perfect call only when you need to get out of bounds quickly. You can gamelan around it the rest of the time. There are a half dozen other ways to run high-low concepts without that route.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

You might want to dial down  the Peterman love . Whatever happens, Allen will start sooner than later. He’s a placeholder and nothing more. You don’t draft a guy in the first round to sit him behind NP. To my eye , Peterman looks exactly as he did last preseason. We know what happened when he started vs a superior defensive line. Which this year looks like it might be just about every Bills opponent. 

Love Allen too, I just think Peterman won the job, much of what I said wasn't really opinion based at all, just factual observations. Allen will eventually win the job, no doubt but Peterman is better at this point.

2 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Preseason is all we have. Unless you want to live in the past. If you want to stay in the past then please consider that he wasn't a tire fire during the Colts game blizzard. 

It's preseason but if you have been keeping tabs he is the only one operating at the level he has been. It might be preseason but he is the only one looking good at all. It's Petermania or nothing. Embrace it. 

That isn't the case at all. Allen looked good last week in CLE after Mccarron was crushed by the Browns' #1 D.  This week Allen was crushed by the Bengals' #1 D with Peterman looking much better against #2s.  You think Peterman would have looked good with Atkins and company all over him in the 1st half against their best CBs?  I don't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

My theory on the reason those almost always get intercepted is he throws them way to quickly. He needs to wait 1 more second for the defender to get down field and the reciever to start coming back to him 

His arm is right on the fringe of being too weak for NFL defensive speed.

That plays a big role too.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

How much did lack of mobility hurt Peyton or Brady? If a guy can't do something, you beat them other ways.

An out route is the perfect call only when you need to get out of bounds quickly. You can gamelan around it the rest of the time. There are a half dozen other ways to run high-low concepts without that route.

Peterman with this OL and receiving corps?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That isn't the case at all. Allen looked good last week in CLE after Mccarron was crushed by the Browns' #1 D.  This week Allen was crushed by the Bengals' #1 D with Peterman looking much better against #2s.  You think Peterman would have looked good with Atkins and company all over him in the 1st half against their best CBs?  I don't. 

I can't entertain thoughts like that. No way for me to see Peterman start today, I can't bend space and time or visit alternative reality. I can only say that when Peterman plays it looks better than everyone else. Although I understand your concern on Peterman. I have them as well. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

I can't entertain thoughts like that. No way for me to see Peterman start today, I can't bend space and time or visit alternative reality. I can only say that when Peterman plays it looks better than everyone else. 

Okay. Then let's hope each team sends out their 2nd and 3rd stringers in each game this season.